The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Could Use Some Help With Arcanes-

Eyeless

Question

I'm looking into buying myself a set of Arcanes (uncertain of which to go for) and I have two questions: 

How far do they stack?  I've heard Arcane Avenger can stack twice if you have two items with maxed Avengers installed and someone on the wiki is supporting this with a gif. Going out of my way to stack the same Arcane twice sounds ridiculously expensive, kinda hoping this is just hearsay. 

Secondly.. What Arcanes could you guys honestly recommend? I'm usually getting my health shot to pixels in high level Grineer Survivals. 

(I talk of trading for them because I simply do not enjoy the Raid in Warframe) 

As it is, I'm incredibly weary of getting into Arcanes because they're an idea that I feel needs fleshed out more.. The fact we need to attach them to a cosmetic and can't carry these buffs if we have a change of heart in helmet or back-cosmetic seems off to me. 

Then we have a new Raid on the horizon that might actually be entertaining and bring in some interesting changes to these enhancements, so whether I truly want into these or not is debatable with their current implementation. 

Edited by Hastur609

11 answers to this question

You need 10 arcanes and 800k credits to max one and if have two max arcanes equipped you have to separate chances for the effect

Thank you for the concise answer. 

Avenger seems interesting but there's too many frames I'd like to run with it, at this rate it'd be more feasible for me to get a single set of that kind. 

But Trickery on an Excalibur sounds like fun too. (Yes I know you people stack them on Ash but I don't have as much fun running him) 

Personnally i would say "avenger" for a syandana, since any warframe can use it, and i'm planning to use guardian on my chroma. This one seems amazing to me.

And also a "trickery" on another syandana, dedicated for spy mission or else.

Indeed that could be useful on an exca spamming blind + finisher.

as much as "arcane strike" to increase exca's attack speed with melee.

Barrier and grace also sound interesting, at least that's the only 2 rare i find useful in the bunch. Maybe i'll change idea and put them on my chroma instead of guardian.

I'm just wondering if "damaged" mean losing shield or health point or if that's irelevant.

My opinion?Arcanes are not worth the hassle.Arcane Grace and Victory (both health regen,different trigger) will support you only lightly,they won't save you from death,sadly.Arcane Avenger is overrated,a gun with initially poor critical chance won't benefit from it as much as desired.Arcane Trickery is probably the best Arcane,because it's fun and the invisibility effect lasts rather long,when maxed,but it's only truly effective on Ash,Banshee,Excalibur,Equinox and Valkyr.Usage of stealth attacks,basically.Never use an Arcane on a helmet,unless you're wealthy enough to equip every helmet you like with the Arcane you want.Use your favorite Syandana with your favorite Arcane (and that's just for casual fun,getting seriously into arcanes will be very exhausting).

Edit:Pardon me,i am stupid,i didn't realize Saryns and Frosts ults are not considered finishers,revised my post.

Edited by Harbingie

While Avenger is an extremely powerful damage-proc effect, it's one of the more expensive Arcanes to get ahold of and its proc is... unreliable. Not only is it a pretty small chance, it's actually harder to get it to proc at higher levels because enemies deal more damage and you really can't afford to just stand there and let them shoot you - you want to avoid being hit, which means less Avenger procs.

Trickery is fun if you do a lot of stealth attacks, but the chance is too unreliable to plan for and stealth is all about planning. It really only works for frames that can activate stealth/counter attacks in actual combat - Ash, Excal, Banshee and Valkyr. Valk and to some extent Excal have no reason to go invis, they can both tank a lot of damage, and someone actually using Banshee's ability to counter-attack enemies is a pretty rare tactic.

I'd actually recommend two of the more common Arcanes as good starting points; Guardian for armor-tank frames, and Strike for meleers. Armor-tanks are getting hit a lot so Guardian does proc often, and Strike procs on any hit - melee, gun, even companion attacks and abilities, so it's active a lot as well.

For a non-tank, non-melee frame I'd go for either one of the pistol/rifle damage/rof amps, or a healing arcane.

I agree with you on most points but exca isn't as tanky as he used to be when reworked, he could use some invisibility, even if indeed the trigger chance is a bit ridiculous.

But i start thinking that an "arcane grace" could be more handy than a guardian. First because it's easier to get, assuming that you can make the nightmare raid, you have 1/7 chance to get it while the guardian has a way lower chance to be obtained (20 arcanes, with 3 differents kind of loot chances) and secondly because right now "tanky frames" are either tanky because of a high rate of armor (valkyr / chroma) and therefore not needing a 60% armor bonus, or because of abilities (rhino / trinity).

The exception being frost.

Guardian could be very handy but not in every case.

Does anyone know what trigger type "damaged" mean exactly ?

I agree with you on most points but exca isn't as tanky as he used to be when reworked, he could use some invisibility, even if indeed the trigger chance is a bit ridiculous.

But i start thinking that an "arcane grace" could be more handy than a guardian. First because it's easier to get, assuming that you can make the nightmare raid, you have 1/7 chance to get it while the guardian has a way lower chance to be obtained (20 arcanes, with 3 differents kind of loot chances) and secondly because right now "tanky frames" are either tanky because of a high rate of armor (valkyr / chroma) and therefore not needing a 60% armor bonus, or because of abilities (rhino / trinity).

The exception being frost.

Guardian could be very handy but not in every case.

Does anyone know what trigger type "damaged" mean exactly ?

Just stepping in to let you know that even with melee blocking patch that you now take damage while blocking,

Any and all 'damaged' proc Arcane will not proc from damage taken while blocking frontal damage. If you get bleed proc or shot from side or behind it procs.

Just stepping in to let you know that even with melee blocking patch that you now take damage while blocking,

Any and all 'damaged' proc Arcane will not proc from damage taken while blocking frontal damage. If you get bleed proc or shot from side or behind it procs.

This is why i said exca isn't as tanky as he used to be after rework.

Actually i was more wondering if "damaged" means "as long as you get hit" or you need to be hit on health point. Does shield count.

And if it doesn't proc when blocking it's a bit weird since you're "damaged" but anyway...

This is why i said exca isn't as tanky as he used to be after rework.

Actually i was more wondering if "damaged" means "as long as you get hit" or you need to be hit on health point. Does shield count.

And if it doesn't proc when blocking it's a bit weird since you're "damaged" but anyway...

Any form of damage counts, shield dmg and DoT too. But any bullets or attack blocked by melee parrying will not proc damaged arcanes. All they do is proc arcane phantasm Edited by Acidulant

In my opinion, Arcane Rage is the best overall arcane. The effect of Victory can be accomplished with health restores. Grace/Avenger are excellent on tanky frames (Ice Chroma and Grace, Trinity and Avenger). By the time the arcane effect starts to matter, you generally don't want to get shot for it to be triggered because you'll die instantly. If you're planning to get only one arcane, stay away from the ON DAMAGED ones. You want it to be useful on all frames for that Arcane Revive.