The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waifu Wars

Arcane_Intelligence

It's...Not quite the art form I throw a condescendence for, but rather most of it's character progression and inability to differentiate itself from most overused, recursive plotlines. While the art is something I can respect, I only grew a deep hatred for Anime due to the lack of differentiating plots from one to the next.

Have you tried different genres? I can't find Assassination Classroom, Tokyo Ghoul and Shimoneta to be the same.

The last anime(s) I remember watching that were actually relatively good were Soul Eater, and Hellsing Ultimate. It's a shame that things like Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan are surfacing. Really seems to fuel the fire of hatred I have.

I haven't finished soul eater mainly because I forgot about it, may have to add it back to my list, Hellsing ultimate was also very good IMO.

The last anime(s) I remember watching that were actually relatively good were Soul Eater, and Hellsing Ultimate. It's a shame that things like Sword Art Online and Attack on Titan are surfacing. Really seems to fuel the fire of hatred I have.

Never watched any of those other than SAO.

And that should have ended halfway through first season IMO.

Edited by Arcane_Intelligence

I don't know about SAO, AOT, I like it but it's too damned overhyped, it doesn't really have anything special to it really

At least Soul Eater and Hellsing Ultimate had something that drew you in. Something that always kept you watching for whatever reason.

I don't know about SAO, AOT, I like it but it's too damned overhyped, it doesn't really have anything special to it really

I couldn't watch SAO, I saw a single episode, it was a unique concept, I'll give it that much. But It just didn't stick for me. I didn't feel like watching any more of it.

I couldn't watch SAO, I saw a single episode, it was a unique concept, I'll give it that much. But It just didn't stick for me. I didn't feel like watching any more of it.

Another thing that kind of throws me away is the lack of feeling in the voice acting at times. Hellsing Ultimate had quite the Voice Acting, if I were to set the bar of what I'd want in an anime.

Another thing that kind of throws me away is the lack of feeling in the voice acting at times. Hellsing Ultimate had quite the Voice Acting, if I were to set the bar of what I'd want in an anime.

Yeah... about that.. Are you watching dubbed or subbed? A lot of english dubs have poor voice acting. I tend to watch subbed. Hellsing was one of the few exceptions where the english dub was actually more convincing than the original. And that's mainly due to way the voice actors portrayed the accents. IMO Japanese dubs don't often do other accents well.

Might watch that some day. But I just started watching To Love-Ru Darkness...

*preparing for awkward scenes and other stuff*

Oh my. Let's just say, be prepared for a lot of dirty scenes. It really made me cringe when I watched it. But I thought the first season was okay so i'm trying to follow it through to the end.

Yeah... about that.. Are you watching dubbed or subbed? A lot of english dubs have poor voice acting. I tend to watch subbed. Hellsing was one of the few exceptions where the english dub was actually more convincing than the original. And that's mainly due to way the voice actors portrayed the accents. IMO Japanese dubs don't often do other accents well.

Sorry. I had to switch to Firefox. Edge is acting up more than usual for some reason. The only theory I have is that it works differently from other browsers. But a continuation on my previous post...

Always dubbed for me. I can't stand subbed things. I prefer to focus on what's going on, along with other details, and not have to worry about having to READ the words. Although I agree Dubbed acting can certainly use a good toning in this day and age, some do it well (See Tyl Regor, Alad V, Vay Hek, and Darvo)

Sorry. I had to switch to Firefox. Edge is acting up more than usual for some reason. The only theory I have is that it works differently from other browsers. But a continuation on my previous post...

Always dubbed for me. I can't stand subbed things. I prefer to focus on what's going on, along with other details, and not have to worry about having to READ the words. Although I agree Dubbed acting can certainly use a good toning in this day and age, some do it well (See Tyl Regor, Alad V, Vay Hek, and Darvo)

Well like I say, there aren't a lot of good english dubbed anime. But you might want to try Code Geass, that's one of the few that's unique and has good voice acting in english dub.

Well like I say, there aren't a lot of good english dubbed anime. But you might want to try Code Geass, that's one of the few that's unique and has good voice acting in english dub.

I'm still rather hesitant to get back into it, due to my brain and heart always trying to reject it. But if one of these days, I can muster enough to try it, I will.

You guys don't like English dubs? I found FMA to be good enough. You want horrible dubs? Watch any anime with Malay dubs. /shrug

I don't mind english dubs, but if I find the dubs to be bad I'll just switch to japanese. And half the anime I watch don't even have english dubs anyway, so there's really no point.

My point is Malay dubs are horrible. What they could and should have done is just put subtitles instead.

I think the only reason Idm Shimoneta's ecchi is because it's really just about sexual themes. Than there are anime like Fairy Tail which isn't really an ecchi but they put it in there anyway

My point is Malay dubs are horrible. What they could and should have done is just put subtitles instead.

I think the only reason Idm Shimoneta's ecchi is because it's really just about sexual themes. Than there are anime like Fairy Tail which isn't really an ecchi but they put it in there anyway

I think fairy tail was one of those anime I ditched. Didn't catch my interest.

Eh only read the manga and that was like skipping 300 chapters. Maybe 400. It has tons of @$$pulls though

Eh. It's still a fun series to keep up with despite it kinda sucking. At the very least, it's a nice series to read on the side while you wait on other series you'd actually like. 

Best arcs, imo, would probably be that one guild with Juiva near the beginning, Tartaros and possibly the current Empire arc

Edited by Nebam

Eh. It's still a fun series to keep up with despite it kinda sucking. At the very least, it's a nice series to read on the side while you wait on other series you'd actually like.

Best arcs, imo, would probably be the Grim reaper dude near the beginning, Tartaros and possibly the current Empire arc

The latest chapter didn't help prove my point wrong >_>