Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comparison Of Wyrm To Other Sentinels.

Supern00b

Currently the Wyrm is useless.

The Wyrm from my image garnered is a middle of the road sentinel, half defensive, half offensive.

Unfortunately it is neither.

The Dethcube incinerates foes with its abilities and high damage chain gun.

The Shade cloaks you and allows shield regen as you do not take non aoe damage cloaked

The Wyrm attracts attention of enemies, releases a burst of light which does nothing and dies.

For the Wyrm to even be slightly viable, you MUST make crowd dispersion work properly, and for a decent duration, and balance accordingly after. At the moment the Wyrm is literally without use. Literally.

All it does is attract unwanted attention which it cannot kill unlike the Cube, and it's defence skill is worthless.

Not to mention it takes ages to re shield you when it is firing due to its relatively large ammo pool, unlike the Shade. (Yes I know Dethcube takes longer to shield, but it is actually killin fools).

TL;DR Fix Crowd Dispersion.

Edited by Supern00b

The problem is that the other two sents are really good at making the incoming damage stop (cubey just vaporizes them)

Crowd dispersion should do the same thing. I don't even see the problem in making it a big juicy stun since the other two sents are SO GOOD.

as i said in the wiki.. wyrm freeze all coming mobs.. but dethcube only fokusing at 1 mobs till the mobs died!

at the meantime..we r expose 2 others coming mobs..juz dont say it OP..u would understand well which is the best!

Wyrm certainly needs improvement. The introduction of Dethcube matching the usefulness of Shade set a benchmark for what Sentinels are supposed to do. Wyrm does not fit this benchmark. It should be improved and formed into either a USEFUL crowd control or a USEFUL defensive sentinel.

At the moment the Wyrm is literally without use. Literally.

So if I find one use for it, does that make you a big fat liar?

Challenge accepted.

I put a frost mod on my Wyrm. It now slows enemies with every attack. Therefore, it has a use.

(not to mention recharges my shields)

So I guess I can say you're literally wrong. Literally literally.

So I guess I can say you're literally wrong. Literally literally.

How so? There is no use for it unless you were unfortunate enough not to do research on the three sentinels and chose to purchase the Wyrm.

What you stated can be achieved just as easily, if not better by the Dethcube.

It can also be done to a lesser extent by the Shade (due to it only retaliating), but the cloak more than makes up for it.

The Dethcube renders the Wyrm useless, unless you do not own any other sentinels.

Infact, the Wyrm itself is useless unless you do not own any sentinels. Shade is still better even on defence maps.

Please show me a use for the Wyrm that the Cube cannot do Mr SmartArse. Minor aoe damage or flashing lights do not count.

Edited by Supern00b

How so? There is no use for it unless you were unfortunate enough not to do research on the three sentinels and chose to purchase the Wyrm.

Please show me a use for the Wyrm that the Cube cannot do Mr SmartArse. Minor aoe damage or flashing lights do not count.

OH NOW THERE'S CONDITIONS AND CAVEATS. GEE I WONDER WHERE THESE CAME FROM

I guess in your distorted view of the world, the literal meaning of useless is defined by the relative point of comparison.

Wyrm isn't useless. Your beef is with Crowd Dispersion.

I guess in your distorted view of the world, the literal meaning of useless is defined by the relative point of comparison.

Wyrm severely lacks the usefulness of the other Sentinels. Its rifle is too weak to take advantage of an active firing mode like Dethcube's rifle can, and the Crowd Dispersion is not nearly viable enough to compare to stealth or vaporization.

Because this totally changes everything. My bad. The Wyrm is the most useful sentinel out there. Infact I should be able to play as a Wyrm because they are so OP.

Stop pretending to act smart.

Because this totally changes everything. My bad. The Wyrm is the most useful sentinel out there. Infact I should be able to play as a Wyrm because they are so OP.

Stop pretending to act smart.

Let it be known that sentinels have 2 and only 2 modes of operation:

1. useless

2. OP

Ugh...  Please stop arguing.  The Wyrm is not without use.  The Wyrm can do damage to enemies (usually, it's just better to give it cryo rounds) and can restore your shields.  Beyond that though, it is plain inferior to the other sentinels which was the point the OP was trying to make.  Were his chosen words exactly what he meant? No.  Deal with it.  You know what he meant, so stop giving him a hard time about it.

Anyways, I'd personally like a shotgun on the thing, in large part because it can't seem to hit rollers as it stands, so perhaps a shotty would at least let it slow them down consistently.

Despite all your posturing and pretending, krisp, the simple objective fact is that Wyrm doesn't measure up to the standard set by Dethcube and Shade and that ought to be fixed by giving it a buff and a well-defined role (since Dethcube has utterly surpassed Wyrm in its previous offensive role).

Edited by Kyte