Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts And Suggestions On Damage, Mandatory Mods And Ammo Economy

Playford

And that's better than an ultra-restrictive mod slotting setup how? Or any one of several other equations allready in the game?

Your right at a glance it's not simple, and there's no way of changing elemental mods to a "convert x% of psychical to elemental" that isn't going to be a complicated mess.

they should just make other mods better instead of nerfing current mods. what is the point of playing the game and farming for something if its just going to get nerfed at any time, make reload mods worth it, make mag size mods better, dont destroy 1 other mod that everyone has. it gives player incentive to leave the game.

Instead of using them, weapon base damage should increase as the weapon ranks up, much like warframes get stats as they rank up, my suggestion being 20% every 3 ranks for 200% bonus damage at max rank, obviously nearly all weapons would need to be rebalanced.

No. I don't mind the +damage mods being removed and worked in to something else, but they should NOT be tied to weapon rank. That school of thought is the very thing that lead to our current warframe ranking system. It means you have to push through dozens of levels of mediocre damage just to get to a usuable level. As it is now, I can rank my weapon to level 7 and slap a serration into a mod slot that has a matching polarity. Meaning I only have to deal with 7 levels of unbearably weak damage. This usually means one quick run on apollodorus. Using your suggestion at rank 7 I'd only be doing 40% more damage. This all becomes even worse when you start forma'ing your weapon.

To be honest, despite serration and similar mods being a staple in pretty much everyone's builds, I don't see that as a bad thing.

they should just make other mods better instead of nerfing current mods. what is the point of playing the game and farming for something if its just going to get nerfed at any time, make reload mods worth it, make mag size mods better, dont destroy 1 other mod that everyone has. it gives player incentive to leave the game.

"Buff everything" is not an answer.

Think about it, why should anyone bother with reload mods if they can just add more damage so they need fewer bullets to kill enemies? If a single magazine clears entire rooms, reloading is not an issue.

Then again, that same buff breaks the small handful of weapons that rely on low capacity and constant reloading as their balancing mechanic, such as Tonkor, Tigris and Vectis.

No. I don't mind the +damage mods being removed and worked in to something else, but they should NOT be tied to weapon rank. That school of thought is the very thing that lead to our current warframe ranking system. It means you have to push through dozens of levels of mediocre damage just to get to a usuable level. As it is now, I can rank my weapon to level 7 and slap a serration into a mod slot that has a matching polarity. Meaning I only have to deal with 7 levels of unbearably weak damage. This usually means one quick run on apollodorus. Using your suggestion at rank 7 I'd only be doing 40% more damage. This all becomes even worse when you start forma'ing your weapon.

To be honest, despite serration and similar mods being a staple in pretty much everyone's builds, I don't see that as a bad thing.

In all honesty, I would prefer if all level scaling was reworked but that's a discussion for another time.

The reason right now weapons start with unbearably low damage is precisely because of all the damage mods people put in their weapons, it's also the reason why a level 25 enemy has ten times the health of their level 1 counterpart, atleast that's what the enemy scaling page on the wiki claims.

If that was brought way down so the HP difference peaked at 5x at level 40, even that 40% extra damage at level 7 would be enough for the weapon to be usable on mid level content.

Edited by Playford

• 3 weeks later...