The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress Asimina (Art Gallery) Updated 4/4/2019

evergreenmind

Heh. She has taken Alads backbone and then some.  Oh to have a Corpus Villain like this.

I love how you composited that strip.

Evergreen doesnt want her to be a villain. Simply a character to add more World Building, and possibly an NPC

Edited by Demonfr34k

Been thinking about this whole thing and I realized Darvo doesn't have his mother's or his father's nose...

Is there a milkman involved here or

Maybe it's a gene his grandparents had or something? It's pretty normal for genes of grandparents or even great-grandparents to not be present in two parents but are present in a child.

Been thinking about this whole thing and I realized Darvo doesn't have his mother's or his father's nose...

Is there a milkman involved here or

Maybe it's a gene his grandparents had or something? It's pretty normal for genes of grandparents or even great-grandparents to not be present in two parents but are present in a child.

I promise there's no milkman involved, no matter how much Darvo hopes for it sometimes ;)

MissMarifire makes a point, since Frohd's parent's are long long dead so nobody remembers what they look like, and Asimina doesn't know her own mother, so the sneaky gene's might come from there.

Considering there is very little clear images of Frohd Bek, it's hard to see the resemblance. Also i'm sure that they were not modeled with blood relations on mind. But i think there is something ...

Asimina and Darvo share the same eye color, eye shape and general skull structure around their eye sockets and cheek bones. However, Darvo's face is longer and emphasizes his chin more (similar to Frohd) , where Asi's face is very square with little to no outwards producing features.

I promise there's no milkman involved, no matter how much Darvo hopes for it sometimes ;)

MissMarifire makes a point, since Frohd's parent's are long long dead so nobody remembers what they look like, and Asimina doesn't know her own mother, so the sneaky gene's might come from there.

Considering there is very little clear images of Frohd Bek, it's hard to see the resemblance. Also i'm sure that they were not modeled with blood relations on mind. But i think there is something ...

Asimina and Darvo share the same eye color, eye shape and general skull structure around their eye sockets and cheek bones. However, Darvo's face is longer and emphasizes his chin more (similar to Frohd) , where Asi's face is very square with little to no outwards producing features.

Callback to Mendelian genetics from high school ;>

Also, this brings up the question, would we ever get to know anything about Darvo's grandparents :o I mean, Corpus do live a long time, right? I've always wondered if they physically mature at 20 like we do or if their aging is relative to their lifespan and they don't look like adults until they're around 100. If they mature at 20 and it's socially acceptable to have kids as early as the 30s or 40s, then there could potentially be a LOT of generations involved!

Just imagine the family gatherings...

Callback to Mendelian genetics from high school ;>

Also, this brings up the question, would we ever get to know anything about Darvo's grandparents :o I mean, Corpus do live a long time, right? I've always wondered if they physically mature at 20 like we do or if their aging is relative to their lifespan and they don't look like adults until they're around 100. If they mature at 20 and it's socially acceptable to have kids as early as the 30s or 40s, then there could potentially be a LOT of generations involved!

Just imagine the family gatherings...

Note that this is all according to my headcanons :

I did mention that Frohds parents are long dead, and he's the only child so any relatives from that side are pretty distant. Asimina was raised by her father (who i haven't drawn yet but is mentioned in her background) who passed away when Darvo was a toddler. She also has three younger siblings who some have kids of their own, meaning Darvo has cousins. Going into her father's siblings, Asi's family is pretty far-stretched, but very distant. 

Asimina's relation with her family is also pretty violent, and for example Darvo has not been allowed to meet any of his aunts or uncle.

I think that Corpus child in their 20's has very little "adult" rights. They are most likely dependent on their parents when it comes to legal businesses until they turn like 50 or so. They probably go to different types of schools for most of their first decades and/or work in some place that their parents have pointed to them. True "adulthood" most likely comes around 100 - 120, which after they are free to start their own families if they so desire.

Though since Corpus is very Profit - oriented, i think that the people in highest social ranks reproduce very very rarely. The working - caste men and women like Crewmen are much more "human" when it comes to child-bearing. 

Ah Yes, the Bek family gathering. Truly a sight to be seen. Half of the people are these slightly violent looking brutes with varying lengths of mental fuse, which after they explode, and half are these small and lithe high-end aristocrats and florists who barely make an effort to try and hide their feeling of repulse towards the others.

And in the middle are Frohd, Asmina and Darvo, trying so hard to be diplomatic and not get anyone killed.

• 2 weeks later...