The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis Prime

InfinityFlamez

Question

11 answers to this question

Depleted Reload for high sustained DPS, or a damage mod for high burst DPS. If you go to missions where enemies are taking more than a few bullets to kill, use the sustained DPS build. Otherwise, burst DPS is fine. Depleted Reload is also better when facing crowds (especially with manual reload).

Sustained DPS:

mIvIN5C.png

Burst DPS:

0yJZ4Yb.png

For maximum damage, you want to go for critical headshots with the Vectis, so I don't recommend Heavy Caliber.

Personally, I always run the Depleted Reload build as it gives me high damage per shot and allows me to quickly take out multiple priority targets (usually Disruptor Drones in nightmare raids).

IMO its a choice between Charged Chamber + Depleted Reload, or Shred and another element/damage mod. The former gives a higher RoF, but the latter isn't much slower (because of Shred), deals only a bit less damage, and also offers punchthrough.

I wouldn't combine DR and Shred; the RoF from Shred becomes pointless and the damage loss from using 2 RoF mods is considerable.

You can also build with or without Crit mods, and with or without status. There's a lot of build variation for this weapon - it all depends on personal preference. You can even install Critical Delay in a Crit-DR build, as the RoF loss doesn't matter with manual reloading (It's not great average DPS still, but works towards eliminating those shots that don't crit, and thus only tickle enemies).

Crit-DR Build: http://goo.gl/Q68ScC

Crit-Shred Build: http://goo.gl/9L9FJP

So a higher damage per shot with DR, and a higher RoF so more sustained DPS. But the Shred setup offers higher burst with the two shots, and only a bit less damage per shot, but lower overall sustained rate of fire and DPS. But it also gets punchthrough for crowds.

Edited by Darzk

Because - More damage, better crit stats, higher status, and nearly double (+92%) the rate of fire.

Edit: Oh, and 2-3 less forma to mod.

Or were you being sarcastic?

Edited by Darzk

Because - More damage, better crit stats, higher status, and nearly double (+92%) the rate of fire.

Edit: Oh, and 2-3 less forma to mod.

Or were you being sarcastic?

No, the damage is Only better IF you Crit other that that you get 40% for first shot vs 60% for all 6 shots before reload and it's silent.

And if you don't care for it being silent you can up the damage even more.

No, the damage is Only better IF you Crit other that that you get 40% for first shot vs 60% for all 6 shots before reload and it's silent.

Even a non-crit VPrime build is better than the Vulkar. Here's a silent build that deals more damage even when it doesn't crit, and still has that nearly doubled fire rate for a grand total of 198.5% of the damage of the Vulkar. I'd trade away the Synd AoE for higher damage and nearly double the RoF in a heartbeat.

Edited by Darzk

Even a non-crit VPrime build is better than the Vulkar. Here's a silent build that deals more damage even when it doesn't crit, and still has that nearly doubled fire rate for a grand total of 198.5% of the damage of the Vulkar. I'd trade away the Synd AoE for higher damage and nearly double the RoF in a heartbeat.

Ok Now I see where your coming from.... thanks for the insight.