Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Unfair And Unrewarding Mechanic

Barkano

I disagree. It does suck to have to redo all that work, but with Draco being a thing can we really complain that much? I mean if you have all the forms to redo it in your inventory already what's it going to take.. 8-10 runs max if you're not the Mesa. That's not that bad.

Dude the starchart 3.0 is coming, probably draco will no longer exist.

I like the forma mechanic.  Just wish they'd allow people to queue produce them in foundry or put a 1min build time on it since its used for so much stuff.  Current build time is just out of date and punishes those players who have less than 500 hrs in the game.

All the people in this thread referring to how this game is a grind please differ to all the previous devstreams that consistently say they want to remove the grind.

Also please differ to the fact they nerfed the rate at which people can get forma just recently and with the amount of things people will have to re-forma due to allot of changes is silly.

Although i don't agree with the OP's idea i do think that they need to add the option to change the polarity freely of "already forma'ed" weapons as-well as a grace period of 2 weeks on new weapons to get your catalyst and forma back and that is to say "ONLY" new weapons.

Removing the grind removes almost all their money, yeah sure, they want to remove the grind....

I disagree. It does suck to have to redo all that work, but with Draco being a thing can we really complain that much? I mean if you have all the forms to redo it in your inventory already what's it going to take.. 8-10 runs max if you're not the Mesa. That's not that bad.

This is all unnecessary and Draco only takes one run to max out an item.

Tell me the difference between the following two:

1. Rank up your weapon once to max and allow for any mod combination, but make it so that mods take a ton of fusion cores the grind.

2. Give tons of R5 cores and use forma for grind.

If they had balanced the grind properly, it would take the same amount of time for both, while one option doesn't limit your weapon to less build variety. Forma is a broken game mechanic to be honest and it only limits your build diversity.

The first option already kind of exists in Archwing, you only need one forma at best for Elytron. The affinity is just a huge pain in the butt to level, but for the most part I haven't had to add five forma into it. The Odonata Prime doesn't even need any forma at all, same with Itzal.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I honestly think that we should just stop making weapon variants and put effort into actual new, diverse, and original weaponry.

I despise the fast that DE simply reskins a weapon and gives it different stats, it's just plain out lazy.

Edited by Vaxillian

Formed slot should have permament switchable polarization. 

Done.

Now all A-B-C configurations are useless by disposable slots after forma-ting. You have A-B-C configuration option, but if you form your frame, in some cases thre is no possibility to change this build. It's pointless...

But DE don't care since two years...

This entire thread's purpose is to complain about buyer's remorse. You spend all this time with something and then something slightly better comes out and you wish you had that. Sorry OP, this is what happens in video games like Warframe. That isn't going to change any time soon.

you dont understand i dont wish i have that item, becouse i actually have that, i dont want to spend more TIME and RESOURCES on the same equipment with slightly better stats and shiny dust  on it. my time is limited and the new variants make my time and effort worth nothing, this is an unrewarding mechanic, is not even fun to relevel the stuff over and over, if you like powercreep so much go play wow. but dont come here and tell me that im experiencing buyer's remorse thats an unvalid argument.

Edited by Barkano

you dont understand i dont wish i have that item, becouse i actually have that, i dont want to spend more TIME and RESOURCES on the same equipment with slightly better stats and shiny dust  on it. my time is limited and the new variants make my time and effort worth nothing, this is an unrewarding mechanic, is not even fun to relevel the stuff over and over, if you like powercreep so much go play wow. but dont come here and tell me that im experiencing buyer's remorse thats an unvalid argument.

You're right. I don't understand. First you say you don't want X because you want x-1, then you say you don't want to revel X because you already releveled x-1. Okay, that's fine, you dont have to get X, stick with x-1 if that's what you want. Nobody is forcing you to go get X.

Variants are there to give a sense of progression, going from a basic weapon that doesn't do very well and then going up to something big and strong, to give the player a feeling of getting more powerful to take on tougher enemies. Forma is there for those people who like a particular weapon to specialize into it and make it better. If you happen to find something better later on, that's on you. All games do this, this is how games work.

Problem I have worth Forma is how they lock you so hard into certain builds, when what they should be providing is build freedom. I've never been a fan of the polarity system and think it needs a change. This flaw is especially apparent with the release of the Exilus slot.

You can change around polarities in their slots to fit whatever elemental build you might want.