Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What I Had To Say To My Clan That I'm Not Happy About At All

Kiteless

What is it that compels you to repeat this over and over, no matter how many times I state that that is part of one genre and that we're not talking about that.

You know there are sports, racing and other types of casual MMOs, right? Those don't have persistent worlds, (mostly) but are still MMOs.

"MMOGs create a persistent universe where the game milieu continues regardless of interaction"

"MMOGs need large-scale game worlds, and servers to connect players to those worlds"

Those are the staple aspects of even Racing MMO, Casual MMO, etc. they may not have a game world as in your face and obvious as WoW or GW, but they do. Its not the case (yet) for warframe, vindi is closer but even then i still didnt get the feeling of an MMO, it felt like an MPOG still that just had many concurrent players and some MMO aspects thrown in.

First off, I'm in a clan of ~10 people. I think the prices are fine as they are for a couple reasons.

1. Clan dojo's are meant to be group efforts that take a months to complete.

2. I don't think grinding the materials for one room a week is a challenge, even for 2-3 people. (Except for Forma)

3. When my clan is done the research portion of our dojo we will have essentially the same effectiveness out of it as a larger clan except we'll know that it was our hands that built it. This is worth a month or two wait for us to gather resources and build.

The only thing that needs improvement on the current system is the rate we can gather Forma. Spending hours farming keys and then not getting a single Forma is extremely irritating. I can not stress this enough. Forma is required so much already that it should be more available. Having spent all of my playtime since U8 farming keys and doing void missions I have yet to see a single Forma. This needs to change or people are going to find a game that doesn't require a couple hundred man-hours to farm enough rare resources to build a room.

AMEN!! Have I told you yet today how much I love you Blatant... Well I do. This much...   [_______]

while i do agree one type of player shouldnt be prioritized over another, i do see peoples concerns. The large number of mats alone can seem very intimidating to someone who isnt experienced in Grinding. I looked at them and was just like "time to get going"(im in a 10 man clan), but some may just give up right away Edited by Ecotox

"MMOGs create a persistent universe where the game milieu continues regardless of interaction"

"MMOGs need large-scale game worlds, and servers to connect players to those worlds"

That's fairly inaccurate. Where exactly did these quotes come from?

I guess the 28 likes dont mean anything?

I tend to put more value into written responses and complaints than green numbers.

Edited by FatalX7

First off, I'm in a clan of ~10 people. I think the prices are fine as they are for a couple reasons.

1. Clan dojo's are meant to be group efforts that take a months to complete.

2. I don't think grinding the materials for one room a week is a challenge, even for 2-3 people. (Except for Forma)

3. When my clan is done the research portion of our dojo we will have essentially the same effectiveness out of it as a larger clan except we'll know that it was our hands that built it. This is worth a month or two wait for us to gather resources and build.

The only thing that needs improvement on the current system is the rate we can gather Forma. Spending hours farming keys and then not getting a single Forma is extremely irritating. I can not stress this enough. Forma is required so much already that it should be more available. Having spent all of my playtime since U8 farming keys and doing void missions I have yet to see a single Forma. This needs to change or people are going to find a game that doesn't require a couple hundred man-hours to farm enough rare resources to build a room.

I think this is where the problems comes in. Yes, large clans have more people to grind out the resources. But DE meant for the Dojo to take weeks/months to complete, not 3 days. 

while i do agree one type of player shouldnt be prioritized over another, i do see peoples concerns. The large number of mats alone can seem very intimidating to someone who isnt experienced in Grinding. I looked at them and was just like "time to get going"(im in a 10 man clan), but some may just give up right away

I agree, and maybe this is where the disconnect comes into play for me. I remember grinding Xini for 70+ hours, over 400 runs, just to get that elusive power mod for my rhino. 

I tend to put more value into written responses and complaints than green numbers.

Fair enough, I can respect that. Regardless of what the majority here feels, I just have my own lowly opinion.

Don't take it the wrong way, it's not personal or anything.

I'm just discussing anything that I can.

I understand man! =D I am a really relaxed guy. Dont have the time or energy to get bent up on a game with work, military, and life in general. 

But I appreciate the sentiment, much respect. 

Blatantfool.....your name is more than adequate for yourself.....I can't say anything further because memnarch said it good enough for me.

I've decided to remove myself from the argument itself and just see what people have to say about the issue, but don't be insulting people over an argument. It just shows that you've run out of valid points yourself.

I've decided to remove myself from the argument itself and just see what people have to say about the issue, but don't be insulting people over an argument. It just shows that you've run out of valid points yourself.

+1

That's fairly inaccurate. Where exactly did these quotes come from?

http://technologysource.org/extra/231/definition/3/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

http://mobiledevices.about.com/od/glossary/g/What-Is-An-Mmo.htm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/952149-destiny/65793617

sorry for not better sources (need to go), there are others and it was discussed alot when i was in college working on my software and game development degree. Persistence in one form or another is part of what defines an mmo, aswell as a "large scale game world" (what is large scale is up for debate)

Edited by Ecotox

6 pages but reading them later... now OP tell me how is DE forcing smaller clans into bigger ones? just how? My clan is smal and we nearly have 3 rooms finished. I'd say its pretty impressive for a small clan. we are working our asses off, engaging in team play more and more to quickly gather the materials.  i''d say this encourages teamplay. though if the resource drops were better... or the rate at wich they dropped. alloy plate amount may be higher per drop but if it only drops like once every mission its still... dandy...

6 pages but reading them later... now OP tell me how is DE forcing smaller clans into bigger ones? just how? My clan is smal and we nearly have 3 rooms finished. I'd say its pretty impressive for a small clan. we are working our asses off, engaging in team play more and more to quickly gather the materials.  i''d say this encourages teamplay. though if the resource drops were better... or the rate at wich they dropped. alloy plate amount may be higher per drop but if it only drops like once every mission its still... dandy...

Thank you! Also, do not forget they are going to be putting resources into alert missions rewards soon. 

People need to just go for it, rather than waiting for change. 

http://technologysource.org/extra/231/definition/3/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massively_multiplayer_online_game

http://mobiledevices.about.com/od/glossary/g/What-Is-An-Mmo.htm

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/952149-destiny/65793617

sorry for not better sources (need to go), there are others and it was discussed alot when i was in college working on my software and game development degree. Persistence in one form or another is part of what defines an mmo, aswell as a "large scale game world" (what is large scale is up for debate)

And yet look at all of those other MMOs there that don't have persistent worlds...

"to play a single online game simultaneously" Like in Warframe, thousands of people playing at the same time.

"The games are usually set in a "persistent" world" Usually.

"People confuse MMO with MMORPG all the time." LOL

We're not getting anywhere new with any of this and I'm getting kinda bored. Wanna call it quits?

Edited by FatalX7

And yet look at all of those other MMOs there that don't have persistent worlds...

"to play a single online game simultaneously" Like in Warframe, thousands of people playing at the same time.

"The games are usually set in a "persistent" world" Usually.

"People confuse MMO with MMORPG all the time." LOL

im not confusing it with MMORPG

Vindi, PSO, Warframe, all have mmo aspects (vindi and PSO being the closest to MMO vs warframe) but with the way they function they function more similarly to something like playing battefield or halo online

All the games have a massive player base playing online and progressing concurrently, but then by that logic Halo or Battlefield can be considered MMO, but they arent.

It doesnt lessen the game or anything, but they arent the same as an MMO

i suppose we can agree to disagree as im going back to playing and not gonna be monitoring this thread xP

Edited by Ecotox

same deal with my clan except we arent putting as much into the dojo, we'll get it done when we get it done :P

Not the Dev's fault you wont play with a lot of people in a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE game.

i should be able to get everything and anything regardless of if i want to play with people or not!!! its not fair! i should be able to go completely solo and live my life in a hole! D:

i should be able to get everything and anything regardless of if i want to play with people or not!!! its not fair! i should be able to go completely solo and live my life in a hole! D:

Join a clan, and never talk to/run with them... Lol

I wouldnt disagree with you OP, but DE can't hold the hand of smaller clans BUT they can help possibly.

My suggestion for DE is this: Do a calculation in your Dojo tables to look at the clan list and do another calculation for dojo items (resource wise). Make some items like Forma hardcoded and can not be changed but make other resources inwhich are easier to obtain based on the # of people in a clan (regardless of active / non-active clan members) (algorithm).

The only reason I say this is because 1) clans with around 30+ can do all dojo items fairly quickly when farming as a group (120k nano spores is NOTHING hard to get when 30+ people are farming together). But when you have a clan for example mine with 8-10 people max, 120,000 nano spores is about a week+ of farming (calculation of (work + parenting) - freetime to even play a game).

As a programmer, a game programmer at that, I know it is very possible to do this type of thing. Might take a few trial and error attempts :D

Edited by TsMHicks

I totally agree. Which is why I'm basically fully committed to Tenno Academy, trying to make a home for those who don't really want to clan and would rather solo or PuG.

I'm a big time PuG and I don't like to chat on mic :P

Terrible idea. Opens up a loophole.

Simply have a number of your members leave the clan, then join back a few days later. Bam. You just unlocked all content fast as hell as a small clan. Completely broken idea.

Not broken if when they leave it takes back their invested resources