Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my consolidated suggestions for frames/weapons

CY13ERPUNK

just recently got a reactor so finally able to see excalibur at full power (been playing at lev 15 for a few weeks now)

ive tried out most of the weapons (not strun/boar/bolto, but most everything else) to lev 15 and i havent used any melee besides skana/cronus and now heat sword (keep "upgrading")

so anyways

clearly the game is decently made, so good job DE guys, of course reminds me a LOT of Dark Sector, strangely enough however, Tenno seemed to move a bit MOAR fluidly in DS than his space-ninja brethren do here in WF

I am loving the constant addition of new toys, always a plus

but lets get down to the critiques eh?

the weapons/gear/frames, all of it need to be more individualized, ie Rhino gets more health and shield sockets, whereas Volt/Ember get more max power sockets, etc (excalibur stays where it is since it's the "well-rounded" frame), Ash could get +melee power and loki could get +enemy radar range or something cool like that

these kind of individual quirks would make the frame MUCH more appealing than right now where they just rely on looks and abilities to distinguish them (since all mods are basically equal and usable across the board)

speaking of abilities, some are awesome (slash dash im looking at you), and some are lackluster (blind/SJ), of course they all get better at lev 30 when they're maxed, but still that just made slash dash even better

i won't get too long winded here since there are tons of great ideas on the forums here about the abilities but the gist is this, they need to be tweaked, keep the best ones useful, but adjust cost/dmg, and enhance the lackluster ones to be more useful (ie SJ should be about twice as high, and it gets caught on terrain a lot meaning you cant jump over walls less than twice your height)

sidenote the energy system maybe could use a rework again, i heard there was a cooldown/regen/timer system before and it was scrapped, maybe if it was re-implemented but you only had CD's on the 4th powers and the regen system only regen'd energy (slowly) to the 50% mark, this could truely allow for certain frames to MORE focused on their powers and less focused on gunplay and melee (as some frames like Volt and Ember imply)

weapons across the board are unevenly powered and don't seem to follow any kind of logic, most all the melee weapons are functionally identical and just cosmetically different, but then some are clearly better, ie the cronus is a complete upgrade from the skana, making the skana forever useless past that point, this seems bad, again the heat sword is another step up from the cronus, tho not much better

and while i like how the dual skana can hit multiple enemies, why is the shorter blade able to do that but the none of the other blades can? it would make sense to give each weapon some unique quality then let players pick what they want (plasma for charge dmg, heat for fire dmg, cronus for ice dmg or whatev, bo/frago/axe for AOE, furax for armor penetration, etc), I know this is sort of already implemented, but it doesnt seem obvious enough and i think the stats could vary up more in the menu to make this more clear, also having each weapon having a uniquely different upgrade tree would help as well

same goes for the guns, the burston does more dmg than the braton, but is less accurate? this makes no sense, if anything it should be the other way around, and the gorgon does more dmg than both of them and is just as accurate as the braton if fired semi instead of full auto (the dmg nerf on the gorgon was not enough, it needs a wind-up time and less accuracy when fired semi to not be OP)

for instance instead of

braton dmg 16

acc 25 (this cannot be right, again since we really dont know what this means, these numbers are confusing)

burston dmg 20

acc 100

gorgon dmg 25 (was 30)

acc 100

latron dmg 30

acc 100

how about something like this

braton dmg 15

acc 50

burston dmg 25

acc 75

gorgon dmg 20

acc 75

latron dmg 40

acc 100

now each weapon has a niche, the braton is still an upgrade from the MK-1, the burston is more powerful than the gorgon in bursts, but not in sustained firepower (making the burston more ammo efficient, but still worse on boss shields prolly), the gorgon would STILL be powerful once upgraded with more ammo due to sustainable fire, and the latron would no longer be such crap when viewed in comparison to the sniper/gorgon

since i havent used the strun or boar i cant comment on them, the HEK is pretty awesome tho, looking at the stats it seems better in all aspects and again that's prolly not the best, why would i want a strun/boar when i could have a HEK?

ok i figure thats enough for now, just wanted to throw my 2 cents into the pile, maybe ill comment on the sidearms later

all in all, make the individual frames/weapons MOAR unique and continue to allow customization within that framework, give us better/more accurate stats on the gear that reflect their true performance

other than that my wishlist is for more melee attack varieties (jump attack more dmg from height) and animations (of course), would LOVE to see some kinda stealth-kills and throws/grabs (even it was just a specific frame power)

again THANK YOU TEAM DIGITAL EXTREME, glad to see you guys are still cranking out gems like this, nice work on the beta so far