The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Action Figures.

(XBOX)TheVampireBoy19

I have been playing warframe for a good year now, and I have been thinking; I would gladly spend £20 on a rhino action figure. Figures that are on the same quality of Neca' products. Figures on the 7 inch scale that come with their own unique accessories and has the level of articulation of the star wars black series figures.

I can't be the only one who thinks this? The statues on the store are awesome. Now give us some figures, my shelf demands it. :D

Being an avid fan and collector of figures, from Transformers to Gundam to figma to My Little Pony, I would LOVE to get some articulated Warframe figures. Seriously, something on the same level as Figma would be unbelievable with the articulated joints, and option sets could be released for various guns, etc. Customization would be applicable and you wouldn't be limited to high end collectors only.

Just saying...

Being an avid fan and collector of figures, from Transformers to Gundam to figma to My Little Pony, I would LOVE to get some articulated Warframe figures. Seriously, something on the same level as Figma would be unbelievable with the articulated joints, and option sets could be released for various guns, etc. Customization would be applicable and you wouldn't be limited to high end collectors only. Just saying...

Awesome call with the Figma style articulation, I have the Mikasa figure and it's awesome.

I'd buy them all, no doubt. The statues are cool but they are too expensive and their release is too far apart, though. Action figures with cool accessories would he a dream and I'd easily pay $20 to 30 a pop for them.

They could also release super rare prime warframes and uncommon frames with unique sydanas and armour pieces.

two words

3D printing

Not everyone can afford a £300 3D printer...

Quality and accessories on Neca-level, articulation on Figma level...

Where can I bring my money...?

Oh, oh.. and with each purchase you get a code for in-game plats. Or something..

That's actually an awesome buyers incentive. :D

Quality and accessories on Neca-level, articulation on Figma level...

Where can I bring my money...?

Oh, oh.. and with each purchase you get a code for in-game plats. Or something..

That's actually an awesome buyers incentive. :D

To 3D print them, though, they need to be designed first in CAD - in addition, you can't purchase it because the property is owned by DE, it's not a public domain thing. Plus everything would be very simple ball joints, so it wouldn't be super articulated or very large without being VERY complex...

And it would also just be a bare figure with no paint or anything, you'd have to detail it, as opposed to being an officially painted thing.

you can also pay people who have a 3d printer to print out your action figures

That sounds pretty sketchy in terms of legality. You would be paying a 3rd party to essentially steal the designs from digital extreme in order to make these products. Copying the design for someone and then getting paid by that someone without a merchandising licence from DE is stealing. A figure needs to be sculpted first, twice the scale of your final product. That's called the alpha, then you scan it and scale it down where the model is then broken up so that articulation can be designed and allocated. Finally, a prototype is then printed and painted before negatives are created for the molds.