The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Gender Swaps By 3Jane

3Jane

why? i'm confused

For Ash and Banshee.

They're both built for Stealth situations and proper timing.

For...

Nekros - Loki

Didn't get the joke here? :3

I am disappoint.

Serious note: Loki - Saryn

Since they both play the battlefield as if the battlefields are their own, having the ability to delay the enemies long enough before their teammates get into the fight to finish the enemies off.

Edited by Freelancer27

Let's see...

Ash: The way, in my opinion, he should've been. Why have two male "ninja" characters? Ash's old female concept art should've stayed...It's the one thing I've always disagreed with DE on. Ash should have been female, in my opinion. But anyways!

Banshee: Definitely my favorite male genderswap. Love the helmet - I wish our current Banshee had something like that.

Ember: I'm too in love with female Ember to give this one a good critique.

Excalibur: Very, very nice.

Frost: Also nice. I like the different feel of that helmet as opposed to male Frost's. Male Frost's is notably flat on top, while female Frost's is round. That's a cool touch (seewhatididthere?).

Loki: Looks as derpy as male Loki helm-wise! I love the "jacket" look though.

Mag: Really nice. Probably my second favorite male genderswap.

Nyx: I cannot unsee that notable "codpiece"....

Rhino: Gotta admit, I'm digging the "dreadlocks". If she was ingame, I'd happily craft her. Male Rhino isn't my thing.

Saryn: Looks good. Not sure why some said he looks bad. I see nothing wrong at all.

Trinity: Admittedly my least favorite. His arms are a bit too skinny for the rest of his body.

Vauban: Love that helmet.

Volt: Also love that helmet. Did very well on the body too.

You got a really good talent over there buddy. I, for one, don't care that much about genderswaps (Though DAMN do I wish Oberon was female...But that's kind of hypocritical of me, since Trinity and Oberon are obviously the "medics" of the warframes and having them both female kind of spits in the face of what I just stated about Ash and Loki). Still, this was pretty awesome. An interesting look into what could have, or might eventually, be.

Edit: didn't know this was a necro thread. Oh well - still, gotta give props where needed.

Edited by SoulEchelon

• 4 months later...

Let me get this straight.

You're genderswapping Nyx, originally a genderswap for Excalibur.

Son of a gun.

+1 Withering Hydroid sarcasm. I picture him and Loki as the trollbuddies of the Tenno.

I really would like to have a gender swap option for each frames cuz that would actually be fun and i like Gender Swap options in games, or each of those bring completely separate but they follow the same theme but with different abilities, i sure would totally get the Female Ash cuz just by looking at her, she would fit Ash's role perfectly, don't get me wrong though cuz i love the Ash we have, he's awesome and is pretty much the coolest and most badass warframe i have with black - dark red colors and with his Locust helmet, but i alway have a "he doesn't look so ninjaish" kind of feel when i see him cuz he look kind of bulky for a ninja themed warframe, but when i see Female Ash's concept art which was made by DE or the image on this thread's post, i get that "this fits way better!" feeling because as bulky as Ash look, it doesn't seem to fit with his high speed and agility as for when i see Female Ash in action in my mind, it actually feel right since i've always seen women as more agile and faster then men due to being smaller and thinner. I wouldn't mind at all though if that Female Ash model would be another warframe of her own with her own abilities, as long as it follow Ash's ninja theme.

Edited by EliteRider

I don't understand why some are vehemently against this. It would be entirely optional and not affect your playing even remotely. Just being negative for the sake of negativity. (not talking about those criticizing individual frames but those that simply say no or that they are against the entire idea)

I don't understand why some are vehemently against this. It would be entirely optional and not affect your playing even remotely. Just being negative for the sake of negativity. (not talking about those criticizing individual frames but those that simply say no or that they are against the entire idea)

It could be annoyance, since the issue of gender swaps is a moot point given DE's stance on it.

Doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't appreciate fan art such as this, especially when at this level of quality.

Fan artists are basically doing everything but actually coding the dang art for DE at this point. They could consider it and implement some sort of user generated cosmetic content. I mean, there are tons of talented artists here doing all this work for no money entirely because of the sheer passion they have for this game. They should be recognized outside of 10-20 seconds of fan art during livestreams and a few dozen or more upvotes. I am sure it might be time consuming to implement or code but there are a goldmine of great art on here just begging to be utilized.

• 6 months later...

Lets resurrect this topic again :) Genderswap blah, blah, blah...

And now the real post.

We gonna get HUB for all tenno to meet up (just like "town" in many mmo games). Despite Warframe have many customization option (helmets, syandana, armor parts, sigils and colours etc.) same warframes will look like clones just painted with diffrent colours. Furthermore imagine yourself entering HUB with male warframe while you are girl and vice versa. This could cause unpleasant feel.

What I want to say is > I would love to see "Warframe" to be what name means (armor, nanosuit, exowhatever etc.) worn by player created character with detailed face, hair and appearance. And yes I'm ready to pay for item what will allow to change my character as I wish.

But this works both ways and most of all no one will force you to play female/male warframe it will be up to player to choose gender of their tenno.

Nooooooo!!!!! That Rhino! *shivers*
That Mag looks like a total badass though.

I'm fine with this solong as it stays out of the game. I think it would mess up allot of the Lore, not to mention the frame personalities.

Why would it mess Lore? For example you unlocked Saryn and unlocked her abilities for your own warframe. And they won't look exacly as shown in this topic because I think DE will have better point of view on how genderswap warframe would look like.

But this works both ways and most of all no one will force you to play female/male warframe it will be up to player to choose gender of their tenno.

Why would it mess Lore? For example you unlocked Saryn and unlocked her abilities for your own warframe. And they won't look exacly as shown in this topic because I think DE will have better point of view on how genderswap warframe would look like.

I believe there's a reason they make specific male/female frames.

The entire "What actually is a Tenno?" question hasn't been conclusively answered thought, but the M/V pattern for frames is well established.

Anyway it would also be a hard implementation this far in development.

Make a free gender swap button? Lots of work with zero return on investment. Make them separate frames? The wholr forum will burn in demands for double the frame slots, the painful grind and the ever growing tearbucket of collectors.

I believe there's a reason they make specific male/female frames.

The entire "What actually is a Tenno?" question hasn't been conclusively answered thought, but the M/V pattern for frames is well established.

Anyway it would also be a hard implementation this far in development.

Make a free gender swap button? Lots of work with zero return on investment. Make them separate frames? The wholr forum will burn in demands for double the frame slots, the painful grind and the ever growing tearbucket of collectors.

There is one archived Topic that contains few anwsers.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/56698-more-personalization-options-human-head-helmets/

Anyway like I sayd before this feature will brings DE some cash in return because im sure there are many players that would like to genderswap their frames even for plat. Just because not everyone wanna play for free. If you have a choice to create your own uniqe looking Tenno you will make him/her. Then if you are bored just buy modification item and change it again. Both sides players and DE will be happy.

Well even though its optional, some people wouldn't like the gender swap but will still encounter other players doing so.

It would ruin their experience of the game and might make them leave the game.

Before saying "well they could just play solo then" this game is marketed as coöp.

Well even though its optional, some people wouldn't like the gender swap but will still encounter other players doing so.

It would ruin their experience of the game and might make them leave the game.

Before saying "well they could just play solo then" this game is marketed as coöp.

Make them leave? Why? Because someone payd plat to change their Ash to female version? This don't make any sense.