The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: The Gender Swaps By 3Jane

3Jane

Ok get ready for a wall of text about nitpicking the lore to explain things:

I'm very confused (as with a few other people) why people are so scared of this idea to the point that it would disrupt their experience with the game. The "Lore" of the game is already very vague and confusing, so I don't see how anything would be messed up by adding male and female versions of Warframes.

Think of it this way: You, as a player are a Tenno, correct? You pilot your own personal ship, right? You go to the lower level of your ship to... well... switch between Warframes? This part shouldn't make any sense with the whole lore aspect of the game... But then again, weren't YOU the one who crafted the different Warframes you own? And you needed a "blueprint" to be able to craft them. These Warframes are something that your Tenno can equip, they are not the ORIGINAL Warframe (or Tenno that originally used it). This goes more into detail on the recent quests such as the Mirage and Limbo quest lines. The original Tenno who used those frames died at some point in the past, and you, the Player Tenno, recover the designs of these Warframes and craft one of your own. And may I add, you're not the only one who's done this, as there are thousands of other Tenno running around with those same frames.

Now you, as the Player Tenno, for some reason can equip both male and female Warframes? What difference would it make if you changed the form of the frame you're crafting?

Firstly, what makes a Warframe classify as "Banshee", "Nova", or "Volt"? They obviously have to have their trademark abilities, and they also have a unique "look" that defines them from other Warframes, but also think about how different they can be. Colors can be anything, patterns can be anything, helmets can have total redesigns, some even have unusual armor grafted onto the original design, syndanas can be attached to hang off the back, various logos can appear on the shoulders, syndicate patterns emit light from the armor... Honestly, the only part that's actually important is if it can use those specialized Warframe abilities. Female and Male options would simply be another cosmetic change added to the already vast list of modifications that can be made to a Warframe.

And thank you for reading haha, that's what happens when I only make about 3 posts a year :D......

To me, it's the shape of the frame that determines the powers - and to alter them to the point they'd be male or female would alter their powers to the point where they'd not longer be Ash or Volt or Loki, but something else.

Still, I'm sure we'll see DE go against their previous word on "no gender swaps' in the future, but I'll be cool with that too.

To me, it's the shape of the frame that determines the powers - and to alter them to the point they'd be male or female would alter their powers to the point where they'd not longer be Ash or Volt or Loki, but something else.

This could be true too, as frames like Nova seem to have power sources/emitters grafted inside of them. But also despite what bad free-to-play MMO's would like you to think, male and female bodies aren't terribly different from each other, so I'm sure it wouldn't make a huge difference. But then again, some Warframes like to emphasize male or female features of a Warframe...

• 5 months later...

Still, I'm sure we'll see DE go against their previous word on "no gender swaps' in the future, but I'll be cool with that too.

Wait, when did they say that?

Shame, I would've liked to see a female Ash or a male Valkyr or something.

I think the problem with most of these gender swaps is that some of them would look seriously off (male Trinity beefcake) and so it would look kind a bit silly or inappropriate to the game. I mean, come on,  male Mirage? That basically is never going to look good (that was not a challenge). I say that perhaps the female or male warframes we want are taken into account when making future ones to give a certain "inspired" vibe to it, like Nyx with Excalibur and Smoke before Ash.

• 2 months later...

I think 3jane would be better WF designer then current person doing this job for DE. Realy WF became so ugly those days :(

you have to understand that mynki is a weird person,the warframes he designs are "oddly designed",as he doesn't care if the warframe looks badass or ugly or stuff,it just has to fit his/her theme well,

while,instead,the community thinks only about badassness,that's why the upcoming skins are all so good looking.

Yeah... Mynki saw Hollowed Ichingo from "Bleach" he made Loki P. LGBT hype on internet so we get "female" trans WF. His designs are good when it comes to males but females... "Mostly" sux. And yes it's my personal opinion so not everyone will agree with it.

I still think "normal" character customization like in many other games would bring solution to this "problem".

I think 3jane would be better WF designer then current person doing this job for DE. Realy WF became so ugly those days :(

COMPLETELY disagree.

Yeah... Mynki saw Hollowed Ichingo from "Bleach" he made Loki P. LGBT hype on internet so we get "female" trans WF. His designs are good when it comes to males but females... "Mostly" sux. And yes it's my personal opinion so not everyone will agree with it.

I still think "normal" character customization like in many other games would bring solution to this "problem".

It's a Yin-Yang Warframe. It has NOTHING to do with Transgender.

• 3 weeks later...