The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Magnetic Procs Function More Like Viral Procs

LifeNine

I always thought magnetic procs were like viral proc, but it worked on shields instead. I just found out that it doesn't, and the way the magnetic procs work make it much worst than the viral procs if the wiki is true.

Links to wiki pages:

Magnetic: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Magnetic_Damage
Viral: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0/Viral_Damage

Notable differences:

1. Viral does damage after halving life

Magnetic applies damage before reducing shields by 75%

Viral proc victims have their health halved even after the proc expires
Magnetic proc victims have their shields scaled back up when the proc expires. Only two magnetic procs will have the same effect

Advantages viral procs have over magnetic procs:

1. If you hit a viral proc and your weapon only does half the enemies life, you can kill the enemy. If you hit a magnetic proc and you weapon only does half the enemy's shield, you will not take out the enemies shield because the damage is calculated before the halving of the shield is applied. Not to mention the shielded target still has life you need to take out.
  2. Enemies don't have a way to regain life, except for the manics I think, so when their life is halved, they will always have less than half their life when the proc wears off. However, enemies can regain shield if there is a drone or a guardian eximus nearby. Having the shields scale back up weakens the effectiveness of the proc because drones can max the shield can be brought back up much more quickly. Unless you have an extremely high magnetic only proccing weapon, it is unlikely that you will ever proc two magnetic procs before stripping away all the shields. When the enemy has zero shields and the magnetic proc wears off, it doesn't matter it there was one or two procs because the shield will stay at zero.

Proposed changes:

• Make magnetic procs apply damage after reducing shields. Possible only reduce by 50% for balance
  • Make magnetic procs keep the shields at the reduced amount even after the proc wears off

Reasons:

• Magnetic procs only affect about 2/3 of the shield enemies' health pool (they still have life after you remove the shields). I.e. a small percent of all the enemies' health pool. Viral can affect all enemies
  • Enemies can regain shield if support units are around
  • Make magnetic an option to use instead of toxic against Corpus. In a lot of cases, the toxic damage will kill the enemy before the shields are gone