Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Approach To Natural Talent

Rehtael7

Natural Talent would be much more popular as an Exilus slot mod, and if that would be considered overpowered somehow, it could be lowered to 40% or 35% casting speed. With how marginally helpful it is at the moment in comparison to all the other mods, it would make sense for it to EITHER be an Exilus mod, or to be buffed to 65% Cast speed.

Am I the only one of this opinion or is Natural Talent a top-tier mod and I'm just ignorant of it?

AFAIA natural talent is a very niche mod that doesnt round out a build as much as say vitality or handspring [with the latter actually being an exilus slot] but having said that there are a few warframes where i run it: namely ember and limbo.

definitely would be exilus slot worthy. Not good enough to outshine rush/handspring but not good enough to really consider slotting.

It directly affects Warframe powers. It would become "mandatory" in the Exilus Slot for several frames I can think of. So no, I don't think it should be made an Exilus mod. And I don't think it will be, as long as it directly affects Warframe abilities. 

Normally I'd agree, but it affects them in such a marginal way that it seems like it would make more sense as a nerfed Exilus mod. What does increase cast speed do?

-Not lock you in an animation, thus increasing your overall mobility.

-Increases Damage per second due to ability spam.

-Makes stacking certain effects happen more quickly.

While the first effect is very Exilus-friendly, the latter two aren't as much, however by reducing the buff to 35% it would probably hedge out reasonably well.

It directly affects Warframe powers. It would become "mandatory" in the Exilus Slot for several frames I can think of. So no, I don't think it should be made an Exilus mod. And I don't think it will be, as long as it directly affects Warframe abilities.

This most definitely will not be a mandatory Exilus mod slot.

For all of the 'Meta' farmers, then yes, it will be mandatory for their playstyle. But people who actually play the game to play (and not to grind to aquire better stuff to grind even better), it will not be a mandatory mod. I would much rather have Handspring, Rush, Maglev, or Sure Footed, as they support me as a player who actually plays the game.

I agree with tesseract in a sense.

With those stats, it would most likely be the go to mod for the exilus slot. I just propose something smaller but by then I feel like it would almost make no difference.

So in short, I'm not entirely sure on what to think of this.

This most definitely will not be a mandatory Exilus mod slot.

For all of the 'Meta' farmers, then yes, it will be mandatory for their playstyle. But people who actually play the game to play (and not to grind to aquire better stuff to grind even better), it will not be a mandatory mod. I would much rather have Handspring, Rush, Maglev, or Sure Footed, as they support me as a player who actually plays the game.

I only said it would become essentially mandatory for several frames, not all or most. 

How many Desekros/Limbo/Oberon and many others WOULD NOT run this? And as I said, I just don't see it ever happening, however much people theoretically want it, because it really doesn't quite fit the purpose of the Exilus Slot. It almost does, but it directly affects abilities. And too many Warframes would get a boost in their powers from this. 

I mean, when you think about it from one perspective, faster casting is/(can be based on the power) increased Warframe ability DPS, and even if that isn't how it works for all frames, increasing the DPS of warframe abilities is definitely not the purpose of the Exilus slot. The purpose is also supposed to be about option as well. 

If in every single mission, certain frames like Limbo for example would be stupid to not use it, then it is too mandatory, even if it is only mandatory for some frames. That's still too many. 

Those are two reasons why it goes against the purpose of the Exilus Slot. I would love to have a free Natural Talent on some of my frames, but I don't really think it fits the intention or is good for the game overall. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

Isn't exilus for mobility?

Exilus is for all the mods that suck too much on their own to justify using a mod slot for.

How about we not take a new approach to natural talent

It's balanced as it is

Sure it's 'balanced' but it's so rare that I can actually justify taking up a mod slot with it.

I only said it would become essentially mandatory for several frames, not all or most. 

How many Desekros/Limbo/Oberon and many others WOULD NOT run this? And as I said, I just don't see it ever happening, however much people theoretically want it, because it really doesn't quite fit the purpose of the Exilus Slot. It almost does, but it directly affects abilities. And too many Warframes would get a boost in their powers from this. 

I mean, when you think about it from one perspective, faster casting is/(can be based on the power) increased Warframe ability DPS, and even if that isn't how it works for all frames, increasing the DPS of warframe abilities is definitely not the purpose of the Exilus slot. The purpose is also supposed to be about option as well. 

If in every single mission, certain frames like Limbo for example would be stupid to not use it, then it is too mandatory, even if it is only mandatory for some frames. That's still too many. 

Those are two reasons why it goes against the purpose of the Exilus Slot. I would love to have a free Natural Talent on some of my frames, but I don't really think it fits the intention or is good for the game overall. 

Those are very good points, and I agree, it does cause the issue of affecting DPS. Theoretically, some Exilus mods already do that, but not to a significant degree. Still, a very slight affect on cast speed would be so nice. I'd even settle for 25%

I suppose my biggest problem is that Natural Talent as it is now is too good to be an Exilus, and to weak to fit into most builds. It's a luxury mod in many circumstances, which is why I think it would fit well in an Exilus slot. (With a reduced potency.)

Exilus slot is not only for mobility, examples of this are Intruder, Loot radar, Warm coat, Master Thief, Enemy sense, Thiefs Whit or Shock absorbers... 

Exlus slot is for UTILITY. 

What i think is, yes, Natural Talent should be made an Exilus mod. Many warframes bennefit from this Mod, but using it, it puts them in a disadvantage against the rest of frames who dont need this Mod to perform well. (Have you ever died while casting Nekros 4??) 

There are other mods that in my opinion should be made Exilus: Equilibirum, Fast Deflection, Flame Repelent, Antitoxin, Diamond Skin, Provoked. Insulation...

This are mods that reallistically nobody is gonna use in a build (Yes, i use equilibrium on Nekros, but its just a marginal case). Implementing this, or other mods, as exilus mods, would make the exilus slot more appealing for some people. More people would actually forma their warframes extensively just to get enough space for the exilus slot.

Untill now the only frames in which i have the exilus slot open, and use exilus mods, are warframes that i have forma multiple times for some reasons and suddenly i find myself with 10 free points, so i use the exilus slot and put something there.

Untill now i have never forma any warframe specifically to free up space for the exilus.

Giving more mods the status of "exilus" would make me, for sure, use it more extensively, probably in all my warframes.

I don't think this at all. Chances are unless you have it on a Nekros, you're already running an exilus capable mod anyhow, if not multiple ones. Move that mod to your exilus and put Nat Talent where the previous mod was.

I'd have a hard time believing that someone who worries about cast speed wouldn't be running a bullet jump mod and/or rush.

Edited by (PS4)Onyxflamegod

Exilus slot is not only for mobility, examples of this are Intruder, Loot radar, Warm coat, Master Thief, Enemy sense, Thiefs Whit or Shock absorbers... 

Exlus slot is for UTILITY. 

What i think is, yes, Natural Talent should be made an Exilus mod. Many warframes bennefit from this Mod, but using it, it puts them in a disadvantage against the rest of frames who dont need this Mod to perform well. (Have you ever died while casting Nekros 4??) 

There are other mods that in my opinion should be made Exilus: Equilibirum, Fast Deflection, Flame Repelent, Antitoxin, Diamond Skin, Provoked. Insulation...

This are mods that reallistically nobody is gonna use in a build (Yes, i use equilibrium on Nekros, but its just a marginal case). Implementing this, or other mods, as exilus mods, would make the exilus slot more appealing for some people. More people would actually forma their warframes extensively just to get enough space for the exilus slot.

Untill now the only frames in which i have the exilus slot open, and use exilus mods, are warframes that i have forma multiple times for some reasons and suddenly i find myself with 10 free points, so i use the exilus slot and put something there.

Untill now i have never forma any warframe specifically to free up space for the exilus.

Giving more mods the status of "exilus" would make me, for sure, use it more extensively, probably in all my warframes.

Okay, I'm going to strongly disagree with Equilibrium and Fast Deflection as those are both powerful defensive mods, but I'll agree with the rest. I solo a lot because I'm not fond of other human beings, and Equilibrium helps keep a lot of my frames in the fight. (I only use female frames to keep up the illusion that the same Tenno is in all of them. Is that a sane thing to do? Not really, but it makes me happy.)