The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excess Affinity: We Should Be Able To Track It & Spend It

GkarB5

TL:DR Version:

1) Some players (like me) accumulate large amounts of affinity that they will never use.

2) Warframe should allow us to track how much excess affinity that we've accumulated, 

and allow us to spend it on things similar to those in the current Syndicate Offerings.

Expanded version:

Some players (like me) accumulate large amounts of affinity - but we'll never use it because we simply don't have the necessary skills to pass the mastery rank tests above a particular rank.  Specifically, in my case, I will permanently remain at MR 10 because I lack the skills to pass the test to reach MR 11 - and I'm also over 50 years old & don't have the reflexes of a younger person.

Currently, I don't believe that we can see how much affinity that we've accumulated in-game.  DE should allow us to see how much excess affinity that we've got under our in-game Profile. Then, we should be able to spend this excess affinity on different items (Void keys, specter blueprints, consumable blueprints, etc.) similar to how we can currently spend Standing XP with the Syndicate system.

What do you think?

As far as I know, DE is currently working on a system that allows you to make use of excess affinity. Syndicate sigils are a somewhat clunky mechanic and the daily cap is very easy to reach. On a side note, you can complete the mastery rank 11 test like this:

Haha! That is how I did that awful test, except, I used Zephyr. 

Seriously, can we just...knock if off with the tests already? I swear they only exist so you purchase the frame that can cheese a given test anyway.

"Shoot the enemies from the slowly crumbling platforms" to me equals "Jump onto Platform, activate Peacemaker, repeat" to be honest.