Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Like The Syndicates To Be More Important?

Cosmedian

I think right now Syndicates have a lack of depth. I know there'll be Syndicate quest someday but how about including them in Events (Not Specters of liberty 2.0, more like a choice based one) or something like Invasions?. I mean right know the only decision is for wich weapon / mods you farm and wich you farm with plat or go to each Syndicate one after another and farming for everything. (And no, Handshackes won't fix that, though I like the idear).

Right now they're literally just NPC's you get shiny things from. Sometimes you can sell those shiny things for shekels. Other times the ones that don't like you will send monsters after you to kill you, despite you letting them live on your relays, right across the hall from a syndicate that you aligned with (fkin what??? This is so stupid it's not even funny).

That is literally the only purpose they currently serve in the game. Nothing else. 

They need a LOT more done with them. Not just that quest they talked about. They need to actually feel like part of the game world.

Syndicates could definitely use more depth, be more present, have more impact on the game, etc. I think most people would agree with you. The issue is really priority. We just got a massive overhaul of movement, and it sounds like weapon damage and enemy scaling are going to be tackled soon. Add to that the new starchart, a new high-level faction, and more - there's a lot going on right now, and syndicates are okay as they are.

I think a lot of people want this, we just probably have to wait a bit.

They are basically pointless in their current existence as separate entities - and that fault is fully on the playerbase. 

Rep gain is far too quick & easy in my opinion - and the onetime sacrifice which has enabled people to charge up and down both sides of the factions in a matter of weeks/months - both these things make building up the Syndicates completely pointless. 

DE bowing to the players who simply had to have every single thing without the burden of making a choice has undermined their significance. Either we get over ourselves and accept that there's nothing wrong with content locked behind player choices - or we accept that they are a botched idea that isn't going to get anywhere.

despite you letting them live on your relays, right across the hall from a syndicate that you aligned with (fkin what??? This is so stupid it's not even funny).

That^^ - is really not an issue - I don't know why people think it is so important. What do you want? A separate relay for every Syndicate - you have to make some allowances within a digital world, ya know?

That^^ - is really not an issue - I don't know why people think it is so important. What do you want? A separate relay for every Syndicate - you have to make some allowances within a digital world, ya know?

It's absolutely an issue. It's extremely dumb and makes no sense.

This group of people that wants to murder you is living in YOUR public gathering space, right across the hall from that other group of people that you became friends with. Yet I can walk into the group of crazy murderers room completely unscathed and just sit in there and start meditating if I really wanted to. Why on earth would Tenno allow people who intend on killing them live on their Relays? Why?

It's quite literally the dumbest thing. 

Edited by Diarist

This group of people that wants to murder you is living in YOUR public gathering space, right across the hall from that other group of people that you became friends with. Yet I can walk into the group of crazy murderers room completely unscathed and just sit in there and start meditating if I really wanted to. Why on earth would Tenno allow people who intend on killing them live on their Relays? Why?

The Tenno don't run the relays though. The relays are ran by Tenno sympathizers for Tenno to use. All of the syndicates are Tenno Sympathizers.

How about Syndicate relays? I am now friend with four syndicates, so my Red Veilers are between the enemies. DE should rebuild relays, and make each one of them Syndicate exclusive. You could enter only those that you're friends with, and Baro would appear only on 7th, neutral one.

All of the syndicates are Tenno Sympathizers.

yeah this is why they send kill squads right? so let assume i was invaded by a Arbitres kill squad. But here is the thing - i know where these b^&%^$s live. So why i can't just come in and kill all of them? Because of absence of logic it seems.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

The Tenno don't run the relays though. The relays are ran by Tenno sympathizers for Tenno to use. All of the syndicates are Tenno Sympathizers.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Relay

"Relays are colossal Tenno architectures, which serve as hub levels where players can interact with each other."

Lotus outright says "Nothing can replace the Relays we lost, but you have made a statement to the system; Tenno avenge their dead."

They belong to the Tenno and none others. If it was just a bunch of sympathizers then loudmouth Hek wouldn't have gone out of his way to destroy a bunch of nobodies when all he cares about is killing Tenno.

Edited by Diarist

Ok guys, let's maybe not focus on the validity of enemy syndicates being in such close proximity and maybe return back to the original idea.

I know that I personally have been hoping Syndicates would be a bit more involved than they currently are, seeing as they are one of the current endgame systems DE originally put forth. Some more lore in-the-game about the Syndicates, why they like certain ones, why they hate other ones. The history of the Syndicate, when and where they were founded, what was the impetus that started their cause, what have they been able to accomplish, etc. This on top of making the Syndicates seem like a choice that matters in terms of gameplay rather than what weapons to peddle off on the trading tab. Unfortunately, DE (Steve in particular) has already stated that content for Syndicates isn't really something they are focusing on at the moment, and are instead looking into the Archwing changes, new raid, multishot/damage reworks, and the like.

It looks like we'll have to wait a while longer.

There is such a thing as diplomacy.

On neutral ground you can have enemies not rip each other's hearts out because of a third party over-seeing the negotiations.

It happens in the real world too, not surprising. The Tenno would not be pleased if they started tearing the relay apart. If you look through Simaris' answers he explains it at one point.

I do want syndicates to be expanded upon. The quest for each group sounds promising, but I would like to see them in invasions, have a lot more units kind of like perin crewman and meridian lancers  fighting whatever fraction. Having dedicated events for the syndicates and much more, they have lots of potential. Unfortunately there on the bottom of the buckets list :(