Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What About Themed Frame Immunities?

(PSN)CowboyJeff72

So, looking at some other games I have played on the table top, a lot of the models have had some kind of boost or immunity based on their element/background/DNA structure etc. We sort of have this with the passive buffs for primes, but I think a themed immunity would generate more buzz and if you can come up with some really good ones, possibly lead to some of the lesser used frames being brought out of the moth balls from time to time.

So elemental frames would be the easiest obviously:

Frost = immune to cold

Ember = immune to fire

Saryn = immune to poison

Volt = immune to electricity 

The others could have something based off of their story line or power set up. 

Trinity = immune to energy drain

Rhino = immune to drag (Scorpions/Ancients)

Mesa = immune to autotargeting (so she would get hit say 50% less than other frames by the targeting AI)

Mag = immune to knockdown

and so on....

I think it would add an interesting aspect to the game and possibly broaden the use of some of the lesser used frames. What does the community think and what would be some of your ideas for frame specific immunities?

The problem I have whenever this gets brought up (which is a lot) is how useless these would be.

The only damage type that tends to cause any issue is Toxin, since the rest are so damn rare.

There's what, 5 enemy types that deal heat damage? almost half of them are bosses. Same for cold, you never really see it. Lekky, there's a few more, but still hardly any.

I would much prefer those iconic Frames to get a passive that's actually useful.

Yeah, I've brought this up in another topic. It's fascinating to me that innate resistance to the elements they control isn't an Actual Thing in Warframe.

And wait, resistance to elements that certain Warframe's control are bound to arcane helmets? Wow.

I know it is what it is, and it isn't going to change, but that's backwards to me.

It shouldn't even be a passive. It should just be logical, innate resistance to the element they control.

Stamina was once a thing in Warframe, and now it's gone. Hopefully, a better system for elemental frames resisting their own element can become a thing in the future.

Upvoting.

Edited by Rhekemi

So, looking at some other games I have played on the table top, a lot of the models have had some kind of boost or immunity based on their element/background/DNA structure etc. We sort of have this with the passive buffs for primes, but I think a themed immunity would generate more buzz and if you can come up with some really good ones, possibly lead to some of the lesser used frames being brought out of the moth balls from time to time.

So elemental frames would be the easiest obviously:

Frost = immune to cold

Ember = immune to fire

Saryn = immune to poison

Volt = immune to electricity 

The others could have something based off of their story line or power set up. 

Trinity = immune to energy drain

Rhino = immune to drag (Scorpions/Ancients)

Mesa = immune to autotargeting (so she would get hit say 50% less than other frames by the targeting AI)

Mag = immune to knockdown

and so on....

I think it would add an interesting aspect to the game and possibly broaden the use of some of the lesser used frames. What does the community think and what would be some of your ideas for frame specific immunities?

make it hazard immuninty

frost = no sheild loss

ember = no fire damage

volt = no damage from wires (and maybe mines?) or slight damage with energy gain

sarryn = no damage from posion clouds that the Moprey and toxic have, i define those abbilities as temporary hazards

@ Similon - Well, I tend to think of a passive as a boost vs. an immunity. Hence you get energy from death orbs in the void as a passive. I run into cold eximus/heat eximus troops quite often (though toxin is probably the most prevalent), and arc traps would be good to be able to just zip past. So, immunities may just be more fluff based for those that are story line driven. They would be useful, just maybe not as useful as you would want, but still a cool addition (at least to me).

@ ExcaliburMechanics - True on the Arcanes, but there aren't enough to spread around to each frame to make them unique and the idea is that each frame has it's own unique immunity where as you can put any arcane on any frame.

@ Rhekemi - Yeah, that's pretty much where I was going with it. It's odd to me that a frame isn't immune to an element they control! LOL

@ ukovalian - That would work as well, same concept I think, different approach.

• 4 weeks later...

The problem I have whenever this gets brought up (which is a lot) is how useless these would be.

The only damage type that tends to cause any issue is Toxin, since the rest are so damn rare.

There's what, 5 enemy types that deal heat damage? almost half of them are bosses. Same for cold, you never really see it. Lekky, there's a few more, but still hardly any.

I would much prefer those iconic Frames to get a passive that's actually useful.

It's not like every frame doesn't have 2passives (they are just hard to discover) for example ash has I hate crit chance on melee increased

Warframe's need more passives to begin with, and I favor using them in all my concepts, and suggest them for others.

The planned Rhino upgrade that will make Heavy Impact (a mod) a passive for Rhino is a step in the right direction.

Mesa also has 3 passives I believe. 

I noticed that also logical mechanism doesn't exist I wonder if hydriod can drown lmao lol

He cannot. Facts. Because. 

Edited by Rhekemi

Warframe's need more passives to begin with, and I favor using them in all my concepts, and suggest them for others.

The planned Rhino upgrade that will make Heavy Impact (a mod) a passive for Rhino is a step in the right direction.

Mesa also has 3 passives I believe.

Do warframe need more yes, do they have them yes, are most noticeable not unless your really looking for it,we have the passives they just suck generally

I don't see where we disagree here, really.

My point is they need better passives. Either replace the old ones, or add new ones. If I have missed your point, what is it? 

Not being argumentative, just am not clear on what we're talking about anymore.

Edited by Rhekemi

I don't see where we disagree here, really.

My point is they need better passives. Either replace the old ones, or add new ones. If I have missed your point, what is it?

Not being argumentative, just am not clear on what we're talking about anymore.

I'm not arguing I'm agreeing and disagreeing at same time sorry if it's confusing I've been up since 5am and I'm riding home from another state