Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Graphic Tablets: Wacom Cintiq 13Hd

Pacheon

So, the almighty Wacom, another great product(?).

Need your experiences with it.
I was able to sneak peak upon the Wacom Cintiq 27QHD ... and I just fell in love.
The precise workflow, the details on each pointing, the regular multitasking possibility with the shortcuts (kind of a standart mark on Wacom's products). But hell ... the price. 2100~2200€, that's waaaaaaaay... well, it's not affordable for me at the moment, not at all.

So, I was just aiming for the neat 13" Cintiq, which, on some reviews, seems to cause a great experience to newbs and advanced / professional artists (working with photoshop and co. for more than 7 years, and it is just about time getting that thing).
But as reviews might be "manipulated", how is your opinion about the graphic tablet?

Just keep in mind, the version, which I am going to order has not the multitouch function (not going to spend another 100~120€ for a simple multitouch addition *duh*).

Please do post the pros AND cons.
Like screen tearing, quality of screen, quality of colors, quality of AA, (does it have a battery inbuilt? if yes, duration/day or hour, lifetime), pen quality, pen options (besides of the 2 buttons and the erase-nug at the other point), pen-"nibs" and what kind of nibs they actually are and the usage of them, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I know that the 13" is quite scatty to handle, like about the icons, applications and such, but I don't mind that.
PC shall affect the performance of the tablet, as far as I've heard, so here are the specs:

i-4690K 4 Core - 4 Thread 4.50GHz
16GB DDR3 SD-RAM
Asus Rog Matrix AMD Radeon R9 290X 4G

Oh, and here the tablet itself:
http://www.wacom.com/products/pen-displays/cintiq-13-hd

Edited by Pacheon

I used to have an old 12" one (probably six years ago or so). I really wasn't impressed by it once I really started to use it. Contrast was bad, saturation was low, and input didn't work well at all. Tilt barely ever functioned, pressure would get stuck, and many times clicks would fail to end, causing it to continue drawing until you tried to do another stroke.

The larger one in that generation seemed to work way better, but the small one was pretty awful. They seem to have gotten much better since then though.

I ended up using it for IRC mostly. Kinda a waste.

Not wanting to put you off, just giving my experience with the Cintiq.

That kind of pressure sensitivity hybrid laptop, what graphic tablets do already offer, doesn't exist. And it's more an disadvantage buying a laptop or any similar frame build hardware, while it can suck in some dust and can actually get some issue over time. GTs are some kinda more resistant and solid, not to mention the precise work being done on such hardware, which a laptop display will never handle, and there are no 4K touch displays yet (which won't crack the shizzl outta your pocket) ^^

That kind of pressure sensitivity hybrid laptop, what graphic tablets do already offer, doesn't exist. And it's more an disadvantage buying a laptop or any similar frame build hardware, while it can suck in some dust and can actually get some issue over time. GTs are some kinda more resistant and solid, not to mention the precise work being done on such hardware, which a laptop display will never handle, and there are no 4K touch displays yet (which won't crack the shizzl outta your pocket) ^^

I can't believe we put men on the moon but we still can't make reasonably priced electronics haha.

Try asking on art sites and forums like Deviant Art. I remember reading that some places let you demo the tablets in store so you could get 1st hand experience with them.

True ... or did the US faked the landing? PLOT TWIST!

I already did. People do actually like the smaller, more handy version, instead of the 24HD. The usage is the same, it is as precise as the larger screened hardwares, but upon editing the smallest pixel area, there is just a special function, which changes the reaction and flow of the pen behavior to a more small area.

So, it is probably a life-time investment and not to regret about.