Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ties That Bind (Frohd Bek And Darvo)

WERElektro

OMG! YES. We need more Bek art up in here. I really love your style. There's always aura of something creepy and gothic in it. A request?... maybe Teshin relaxing/mediating. Or more Bek. More Bek is good.

Thx!!

Also... looks like we got "almost" the same headcanon when it comes to Darvo's hair. lol. Just that I think that they're black :P

And I'll draw (or let's say I am already working on it.) Bek introducing Darvo to the Board of directors. Hope that's okay.... proud father moment.

Since I really really really don't like Teshin.

Nicely depicted, man!Keep doing that!

Request: Alad plays catch-a-roller with his Zanuka.

Thank you!

And will be done.

Hope you can wait for a few days cuz there're 2 requests before yours.

Thx!!

Also... looks like we got "almost" the same headcanon when it comes to Darvo's hair. lol. Just that I think that they're black :P

And I'll draw (or let's say I am already working on it.) Bek introducing Darvo to the Board of directors. Hope that's okay.... proud father moment.

Since I really really really don't like Teshin.

OH yeesh, that sounds good, a perfect little papa moment... that Darvo will surely ruin by opening his mouth at the wrong moment. Bonus points if they're both in fancy outfits, just for the occasion :3

Also, you don't like Teshin? any reason for it? I don't have any opinion on him, except he's hard as Hek to draw... dat helmet o Lotus have mercy...

OH yeesh, that sounds good, a perfect little papa moment... that Darvo will surely ruin by opening his mouth at the wrong moment. Bonus points if they're both in fancy outfits, just for the occasion :3

Also, you don't like Teshin? any reason for it? I don't have any opinion on him, except he's hard as Hek to draw... dat helmet o Lotus have mercy...

4pWykLV.jpg

Maybe Darvo will mess up... but...... gotta be fun to have your dad repeatetly tell you that you're a dissapointment.

tehe...

And Teshin just seems like that stereotypical ... how do I say that..... "Master"... "trainer"... He's also a smartass.

He's a boring character, imo.

And errr... unfortunately I already started on the pic and they both wear their normal stuff....

I once did an alternative design for darvo...didn't turn out so good... But maybe I'll do another one.

I so can't imagine darvo in a fancy outfit.... that's more of an Alad V -thing.

And errr... unfortunately I already started on the pic and they both wear their normal stuff....

I once did an alternative design for darvo...didn't turn out so good... But maybe I'll do another one.

I so can't imagine darvo in a fancy outfit.... that's more of an Alad V -thing.

It's okay, i'll eagerly wait for it anyway!

(You mean that alternative- thing you did a while ago? I thought that was really nice!)

And i don't know, i can totally imagine Darvo wearing something dumb and pimped out, he brob' don't like it of course.. i actually got some sketches lying around about the subject, but i find it rude to post own art into someone else's submission (especially someone as good as you!) so i'll just save them for later ;)

Maybe i'll make a fancy family photo...hmmmm...

Edited by evergreenmind

It's okay, i'll eagerly wait for it anyway!

(You mean that alternative- thing you did a while ago? I thought that was really nice!)

And i don't know, i can totally imagine Darvo wearing something dumb and pimped out, he brob' don't like it of course.. i actually got some sketches lying around about the subject, but i find it rude to post own art into someone else's submission (especially someone as good as you!) so i'll just save them for later ;)

Maybe i'll make a fancy family photo...hmmmm...

:)

(No, not the alternative universe thing. I have dozens of Darvo sketches I have not yet uploaded. Most of them absurd headcanons and really old and ugly)

I wouldn't mind anyone posting their own stuff here.

This thread is already as good as dead... either because I suck or because the community doesn't care about our beloved underappreciated NPCs.

gaaaaaAAAh XD I also had a family picture in mind when you  asked me to draw another frohd bek.- Of course I would've asked if I could borrow your Mistress Bek concept  for that(which is super awesome... can't wait for you to update it :D)

Edited by WEREsandrock

:)

(No, not the alternative universe thing. I have dozens of Darvo sketches I have not yet uploaded. Most of them absurd headcanons and really old and ugly)

I wouldn't mind anyone posting their own stuff here.

This thread is already as good as dead... either because I suck or because the community doesn't care about our beloved underappreciated NPCs.

gaaaaaAAAh XD I also had a family picture in mind when you asked me to draw another frohd bek.- Of course I would've asked if I could borrow your Mistress Bek concept for that(which is super awesome... can't wait for you to update it :D)

(absurd headcanons? liiikee whaaat?)

...You wanna draw my mamabek? Oh my! Go ahead! I just hope i can get her concept done before that, otherwise there might not be enough reference for you :( ( the teaser image is already outdated). I'm working on it as much as i can, but equal amounts of lazy and perfectionism is making it very hard.

I unfortunately agree on the thread thing. I've only found two other people aside from myself that seem to care about other NPCs aside from Lotus.

I doubt it's your art. You're very talented in my opinion ( wanna do a colab someday?)

'Bout the fancy outfit...

lNf6lcr.png

(anatomy, what's that?)

... it looks a bit too much like a dress now that i think about it. Might need to change the underside into pants...and give him a vest...an' a headdress... an' a completely new outfit...

Edited by evergreenmind

...You wanna draw my mamabek? Oh my! Go ahead! I just hope i can get her concept done before that, otherwise there might not be enough reference for you :( ( the teaser image is already outdated). I'm working on it as much as i can, but equal amounts of lazy and perfectionism is making it very hard.

I unfortunately agree on the thread thing. I've only found two other people aside from myself that seem to care about other NPCs aside from Lotus.

I doubt it's your art. You're very talented in my opinion ( wanna do a colab someday?)

'Bout the fancy outfit...

lNf6lcr.png

(anatomy, what's that?)

... it looks a bit too much like a dress now that i think about it. Might need to change the underside into pants...and give him a vest...an' a headdress... an' a completely new outfit...

I'll just wait for you to finish it.. No need to hurry.

Oh, a collab? Sure ^^ Not really sure what that is since I haven't done anything like this before tho (only art trades, but that's not the same, right?)

OMG THAT PIC IS GLORIOUS XDDDDDDDDD

And he hates it.... omg... this is epic *saves to HD*... your pics have so much character/ expression!

And don't ask me about anatomy.... because I haven't heard of it either.

Here is what used to be my attempt for an alternative darvo.......design?

hrg1c3R.jpg

But now that I've seen yours, I feel like making more /continuing XDDD

looks like fun!

-snip-

Oh, a collab? Sure ^^ Not really sure what that is since I haven't done anything like this before tho (only art trades, but that's not the same, right?)

-snip-

Colab is where we do one artwork in collaboration. For ex; one does lines and one colors it. Art trade is fine as well, if it's easier. PM me someday if you really wanna do something.

Your design is really nice as well. Mine is more like a ceremonial robe while yours looks like what he would wear in a board meeting... if he would ever go into one willingly of course.

Colab is where we do one artwork in collaboration. For ex; one does lines and one colors it. Art trade is fine as well, if it's easier. PM me someday if you really wanna do something.

Your design is really nice as well. Mine is more like a ceremonial robe while yours looks like what he would wear in a board meeting... if he would ever go into one willingly of course.

I'll message you In 2 weeks or so maybe?

Gotta go back to university soon.... and there are no timetables yet so I don't know when I'll have time.

But I just wanna say that I feel honored you'd do a collab with me :)

And no... he'd never go to a board meeting willingly.... but with a weapon pointing at his back maybe....

and when he tries to run, they just shoot...

omg , the tragedy..... hmmmmmmmm good

I'll message you In 2 weeks or so maybe?

Gotta go back to university soon.... and there are no timetables yet so I don't know when I'll have time.

But I just wanna say that I feel honored you'd do a collab with me :)

And no... he'd never go to a board meeting willingly.... but with a weapon pointing at his back maybe....

and when he tries to run, they just shoot...

omg , the tragedy..... hmmmmmmmm good

No hurry, like i said i'm tied up in the concept at the moment.

And YOU feel honored? I've posted only 2 art threads to this day, i don't have enough credit to be counted as someone that you should be happy to do art with.

So u shut up. >:( I'm the only honored one here.

But i doubt that Frohd would let Darvo die in a board meeting. I mean yea, he destroyed everything the big F worked for the past >105 years, but i don't think they hate eachother. Darvo is still his one and only, no matter what.And Frohd can't help but let him go... or imprison him. But not die. Never.

(I like bittersweet stuff ok?)

Also mamabek would DESTROY Frohd if he let anything happen to her baby.

No hurry, like i said i'm tied up in the concept at the moment.

And YOU feel honored? I've posted only 2 art threads to this day, i don't have enough credit to be counted as someone that you should be happy to do art with.

So u shut up. >:( I'm the only honored one here.

But i doubt that Frohd would let Darvo die in a board meeting. I mean yea, he destroyed everything the big F worked for the past >105 years, but i don't think they hate eachother. Darvo is still his one and only, no matter what.And Frohd can't help but let him go... or imprison him. But not die. Never.

(I like bittersweet stuff ok?)

Also mamabek would DESTROY Frohd if he let anything happen to her baby.

Yup... It's quality, not quantity that counts ;) just cuz I spam like a madman doesn't mean I'm good.

Also I've seen some of your stuff uploaded to tumblr *wink wink*

Impressive works!

The relationship between darvo and frohd bek appears difficult... because we know so little about them.

During "Ties that bind" The crewmen would shoot darvo upon escaping- which also confused me because I also don't really think that Frohd would want his son dead. He's of no use for the board anymore when he's dead. So I guess that was just.... lazy game design... sry de but that made no sense.

Of course you could argue that maybe the crewmen were from another guild, or that it wasn't in fact Frohd Bek who imprisoned his son, but the board - for reasons such as high treason. And they had orders to shoot escaping prisoners.

Makes you wonder: How mighty is The Bek family actually?

Tehehe.so... bittersweet?  and.. I got a weakness for angst and tragedy.... especially death fiction where your favourite character dies. delicious sadness.

One can always dream... Darvo has been in prison all the time and been through a lot of S#&$ I can imagine.

Ah... another old picture to show my dedication to character death:

xyg8h6z.jpg

(that's also frohd bek... but I stopped working on this midway)

I'm... brütal!

xyg8h6z.jpg

(that's also frohd bek... but I stopped working on this midway)

I'm... brütal!

Uuuu dat's brutal. I gotta lighten up the mood:

K7zxO4k.png

There! Everyone's happy! No bad things happening here!

(This is part of a linework for a pic that's going to the concept. Or i wanna put it in the concept, but for some reason coloring it is really difficult.But i already made a background for it so i don't wanna throw it away...)

...I can't decide do i like angst or cutesy stuff more... (why not both?)

Also, do you have a problem opening spoilers? I can't open them in computer, i need use my phone to check them out...

Uuuu dat's brutal. I gotta lighten up the mood:

K7zxO4k.png

There! Everyone's happy! No bad things happening here!

(This is part of a linework for a pic that's going to the concept. Or i wanna put it in the concept, but for some reason coloring it is really difficult.But i already made a background for it so i don't wanna throw it away...)

...I can't decide do i like angst or cutesy stuff more... (why not both?)

Also, do you have a problem opening spoilers? I can't open them in computer, i need use my phone to check them out...

CUTE!!!

Coloring always seems to be the most difficult part.

And angst.... angst all the way.

nope, I can open spoilers without a problem. Firefox?

Here's a little preview of your request... (old screenshot... I'm already further than this)

No spoiler so you don't have problems viewing it:

n9uRxbU.jpg

-snip-

CUTE!!!

Coloring always seems to be the most difficult part.

And angst.... angst all the way.

nope, I can open spoilers without a problem. Firefox?

-snip-

Looks nice. Darvo has a clear "do-not-want" face going on...

You can use spoilers for all i care, i just check them on mobile.

I'm using chrome. And aside from spoilers, when quoting someone, their text turns sometime into a soup of code... and i don't know why. I recently moved and my internet has been acting up ever since, maybe it's that...

Looks nice. Darvo has a clear "do-not-want" face going on...

You can use spoilers for all i care, i just check them on mobile.

I'm using chrome. And aside from spoilers, when quoting someone, their text turns sometime into a soup of code... and i don't know why. I recently moved and my internet has been acting up ever since, maybe it's that...

And it's so hard to keep the expressions when coloring >_<

I had to redo darvo's face yesterday when coloring because everything went wrong.Oh me..

And I think that other players have already encoutered problems with spoilers.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/528176-forum-spoilers-are-broken/

seems to be chrome related.

And it's so hard to keep the expressions when coloring >_<

I had to redo darvo's face yesterday when coloring because everything went wrong.Oh me..

And I think that other players have already encoutered problems with spoilers.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/528176-forum-spoilers-are-broken/

seems to be chrome related.

I've already commented on that thread, didn't help.

If it's a forum bug, i hope they fix it soon...

This got into Prime time 89! Congratulations!

Thanks!

I noticed ^^

Unfortunately I can hardly ever watch it live because it's 2:00 or 1:00 in the morning when the stream starts here.

I am always very happy when they show my stuff on primetime. (I even take screenshots... my life is so sad... XD)

OU4SQtY.jpg

*makes happy sounds*

I'm ...somewhat surprised (in a bad way) that your Darvo pic didn't make it D: (The tired merchant one)
But I guess that's because he's covering his tattoos... making it hard to identify him without his helmet and stuff.. lol.

Thanks!

I noticed ^^

Unfortunately I can hardly ever watch it live because it's 2:00 or 1:00 in the morning when the stream starts here.

I am always very happy when they show my stuff on primetime. (I even take screenshots... my life is so sad... XD)

OU4SQtY.jpg

*makes happy sounds*

I'm ...somewhat surprised (in a bad way) that your Darvo pic didn't make it D: (The tired merchant one)

But I guess that's because he's covering his tattoos... making it hard to identify him without his helmet and stuff.. lol.

I don't watch it live either. Only the Devstreams ;) they come around 9 pm here in Finland so it's not too bad.

I think the reason that my pic didn't get there was that i posted it too early. I don't know how they choose them but i think they do it in the end of the week, and by that time the pic was already out of the front page.

OR, more likely, they just felt like it wasn't worth it. I'm sure Rebecca and Megan have they own criteria on how they choose fanart and the pic simply didn't fit in it.

I don't mind. I knew it wasn't gonna be there. Yours was a lot better anyway ;)

I don't watch it live either. Only the Devstreams ;) they come around 9 pm here in Finland so it's not too bad.

I think the reason that my pic didn't get there was that i posted it too early. I don't know how they choose them but i think they do it in the end of the week, and by that time the pic was already out of the front page.

OR, more likely, they just felt like it wasn't worth it. I'm sure Rebecca and Megan have they own criteria on how they choose fanart and the pic simply didn't fit in it.

I don't mind. I knew it wasn't gonna be there. Yours was a lot better anyway ;)

Well... or maybe because he was obviously smoking weed... and they don't want to promote something like that on primetime. Even though it's advised >18 so who cares. (not to mention that they can't take notice of every WF fanart posted.... tumblr is a mess for example.)

For me it's canon anyway that he smokes nanospores whatever makes him high... I mean... look at him.

and nuuuuh-.--I don't think our pics can be compared.... that's 2 different styles.

And yours is better  anyway. :)

I just want to see your finished concept of madame Bek on Primetime as concept of the week...

If not, I'll get mad.

Most fan concepts are about weapons, armor or warframes.... really boring imo.

Well... or maybe because he was obviously smoking weed... and they don't want to promote something like that on primetime. Even though it's advised >18 so who cares. (not to mention that they can't take notice of every WF fanart posted.... tumblr is a mess for example.)

For me it's canon anyway that he smokes nanospores whatever makes him high... I mean... look at him.

and nuuuuh-.--I don't think our pics can be compared.... that's 2 different styles.

And yours is better  anyway. :)

I just want to see your finished concept of madame Bek on Primetime as concept of the week...

If not, I'll get mad.

Most fan concepts are about weapons, armor or warframes.... really boring imo.

Well' that one darvo pic of your got in PT, and he was smoking AND drinking in it so i don't think it's that.

Just bad luck IMO.

And i agree, he's definitely smoking something, i mean he looks like he's been high for the past 50 years. Probably hides all his weed in his hat or something...

There's SO many fanframes going around. I don't mind them of course, some are very good, but it does get a bit boring sometimes. It's always nice when a new npc or a boss fan concept comes along.

Well' that one darvo pic of your got in PT, and he was smoking AND drinking in it so i don't think it's that.

Just bad luck IMO.

And i agree, he's definitely smoking something, i mean he looks like he's been high for the past 50 years. Probably hides all his weed in his hat or something...

There's SO many fanframes going around. I don't mind them of course, some are very good, but it does get a bit boring sometimes. It's always nice when a new npc or a boss fan concept comes along.

Oh, you noticed that... hehehe yup...drinking ganymed geysir water *wink*

He also sounds like he's been smoking for the past 50 years lol

And warframe fanconcepts - or warframe fanarts alltogether are nice and good.... but It'd be nice if the fans also paid attention to the npcs.... ergo, Darvo needs more love. period.

btw... your request is finished. Will upload on monday.