Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I Completed Tutorial: What Now?

CrazyBelg

Question

Hey everybody, after downloading warframe a couple of days ago, and after completing the tutorial yesterday (and playing some games). I was wondering: what now? What should I work towards? When should i start worrying about Master ranks and clans? And most of all are there any disadvantage to play solo, in the non-solo games I've played i've gotten alot of tips (this seems like a really nice community). But in the solo games i have the feeling i get to loot a lot more. Thanks in advance for being such a nice community!

15 answers to this question

For a first step, proceeding on the starchart and beating the planet's bosses is a good goal - the bosses give you possible access to new warframes to try out, and along the way you get the materials to build weapons you want to try/use. 

When you play with public matchmaking, you have to adapt to you team's tempo to a certain degree. If you get 3 player of rank 16+ that only want to rush through, well... you're kinda screwed as a newbie, becuase you won't see a single enemy that mission.

Playing solo is more rewarding in concerns that you really feel how good you are, but be aware that there are disadvantages: Affinity of enemies that are killed by your teammates in your vicinity also gets shared to you, and with more people there are more enemies -> more loot and more affinity. The credit-reward you get for a mission (not the looted, credits, the 'mission reward' listed at the end) also rises with each member of your team. Once you get a feeling of how you can contribute to a squad's perfomance, and how you like to play, you will enjoy groups of reasonable people more and more. 

For a first step, proceeding on the starchart and beating the planet's bosses is a good goal - the bosses give you possible access to new warframes to try out, and along the way you get the materials to build weapons you want to try/use. 

When you play with public matchmaking, you have to adapt to you team's tempo to a certain degree. If you get 3 player of rank 16+ that only want to rush through, well... you're kinda screwed as a newbie, becuase you won't see a single enemy that mission.

Playing solo is more rewarding in concerns that you really feel how good you are, but be aware that there are disadvantages: Affinity of enemies that are killed by your teammates in your vicinity also gets shared to you, and with more people there are more enemies -> more loot and more affinity. The credit-reward you get for a mission (not the looted, credits, the 'mission reward' listed at the end) also rises with each member of your team. Once you get a feeling of how you can contribute to a squad's perfomance, and how you like to play, you will enjoy groups of reasonable people more and more. 

Thanks for the advice! Currently i'm running excalibur should I stick with this warframe now?

Thanks for the advice! Currently i'm running excalibur should I stick with this warframe now?

I would stay stick with Poster Boy for now, and just get used to the feel of everything for a while...

Then, once you get far enough and feel comfortable enough, you can build your next frame.

I would personally suggest for you to get Valkyr ASAP, but that's just preference.

Complete the Star Chart first. Excalibur is a good frame to start with, but getting Rhino parts from the Jackal (Venus boss) will probably help out getting through some missions later on. Look into getting some weapon bps from the market and start crafting some. Also, for now, use plat to get more weapon/frame slots.

If you're having some trouble getting through some stages, hit up the Recruiting chat and see if someone can give you hand. I'm sure there are people willing to help or form up a group of newer players and work together getting through stages together.

All the other stuff will come the more you play. Good luck Tenno!

Thank all of you so much, my last question

How does mastery rank exactly work? When can I do another test to 'level up'

You get xp from leveling frames/weapons/companions, each maxing out at rank 30.

Warframes/Archwing/Companions = 6000xp

All Weapons = 3000xp

Planet nodes = ~ 100xp (I think)

Each MR (Mastery Rank) requires more and more xp to get to next level. When reaching the xp needed to rank up is when the test is available. You can only take a test once every 24hrs. If you fail you'll have to wait 24hrs before being able to retake the test. Any xp that goes beyond what is needed to rank up is rolled over, so don't be afraid of losing any.

When an item is ranked to 30, a forma can be used to change a polarity on a slot. By doing so, the item will reset back to rank 0 and will have to be releveled. No additional xp is gained.

My recommendation is to level every item to 30 before getting rid of it even if you don't like it or need room for more. For example, you level the Braton to 10 and get rid of it, you only gained 1000xp. If you get the Braton again to max it out, no additional xp is gained ranking it from 0 to 10. Additional xp will be gained when it reached 11 to 30, which will be the remaining 2000xp that it can give. This applies to all items you gain xp from.

You benefit from gaining MR to be able to trade more often per day, start Syndicate missions, certain quests become available, and certain weapons become available. There some other things you'll benefit from, but those are the more important ones.

I know it seems like a lot and I threw out a lot of info. Got to typing and kept going. Lol. But a lot of this stuff will become more apparent the longer you play. Don't stress yourself Tenno, enjoy the game!

Edited by (PS4)iTJ84

You should consider quietly playing the way you want before WF grab you in his endless farming tornado.

What I mean behind that "joke" :

WF is, in a big part, getting more and more optimized stuff to be able to do any mission. You'll really early consider what you need to build and start the grind. Don't rush it too fast.

I would say your first task is to get the non-prime warframe you want to play, if possible one not being too hard to make (avoid Nekros/Limbo/Mirage/Equinox/Chroma/Mesa for now) and a decent non-prime versatile primary weapon (meaning not the MK1) you'll not need to put a Catalyst (the item which double available mod points) to go far enough in the game. Some names to help you out : Boltor/Braton for autorifles, Latron for higher damage but lower rate of fire click-per-shot rifle, Cernos/Paris for bow (not that much recommended because kinda weak without a catalyst, but possible).

Edited by Kinxil

iTJ84 covered things very well.

I would recommend running in groups overall.  Until you gather a lot of essential mods and resources you will be fairly squishy so groups have much better chances of getting revived and more decoys running round taking the fire away from you.

A lot of the gameplay is focused on mobility so DON'T stand around shooting things, keep moving and don't hesitate to duck back into cover to get your shields back.

Speed runners are a thing and I'm one of them.  We don't do it to be a pain it's just that we're used to running with similar experienced players and to get something to kill  GOTTA GO FAST!!!!!  I will try to slow down with low level players and you won't hear me *@##$in' to get to Da Choppa.

At first it will be a bit embarrassing in public games - you'll feel left behind.  It's a sort of trial by fire we all pass through.  Although actually, if you use chat and talk to people, you might occasionally find more "rp lite" minded players who'll be prepared to hang back with you and go at your pace.

Once you get used to the mobility system, you'll be flippin' and zippin' around with everyone else.  (It used to be much worse, trust me, when there was a mode of movement in the game that was way beyond a beginner's possibility of doing, because its top speed required particular weapons.)

Have fun with Warframe - it's a great game, addictive as hell once you get in the saddle! :)

Thanks for all the replies, I will try to keep all this in mind. To spafbi, I will accept the invite as soon as i can.

I will certainly keep playing warframe because

1 it's an addictive game

2 The community ( as demostrated in this topic) is great! I've never met a better one!