Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shut Up About Exclusivity

Manric

The only reason you want Frost Prime to be exclusive is so you can lord it over other players knowing that your frame is better and feel special. I'm glad DE owned up to their mistake and changed their mind on the matter because barring players from a straight up better Frame is nonsense.

I'm a founder (obviously) and I'm quite against Excalibur Prime having to be purchased too, but that's a separate battle.

inb4: WAAAH BUT VANDAL WAAAH

Vandal is a side grade, not an upgrade. They have different stats, this is completely different. Get off that horse already. Frost Prime is simply better than Frost (kind of like that Despair vs. Kunai problem people are pointing out).

inb4: WAAAH DE LIED WAAAH ITS THE PRINCIPLE

If everyone acted that way then no one would ever fix their mistakes, quit being childish and see the bigger picture. This is better for the game (hint: new players acquiring parts for Frost Prime and wondering why they are not allowed to build it).

inb4: WAAAH WE SHOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR THIS GRIEVOUS OFFENCE

Grow up.

Honestly, there hasn't been much talk about Frost Prime ever since that first week or days after the event...this thread is as pointless as...well..damn, it's just so pointless it's beyond pointless o.O Didn't think anyone cared THIS much about "exclusivity".

Actually no.

The people complaining have the right to complain.

The DE clearly stated that Frost Prime would be an Exclusive.

They broke their promise and lied to us.

What happened when Bill Clinton lied on whether or not he slept with his secretary?

He was impeached.

If the president was impeached for lying on whether or not he slept with another woman. Then what do you think we should do to the DE for lying to us on game content?

Whether or not Clinton slept with his secretary had nothing to do with national safety or any of the sort. It was a problem for him and his wife to deal with, yet the nation impeached him for not being honest about his relationship.

Take all my +'s. Ignore the trolls. They're all kids that think if they have an "exclusive" frame, then they can show it off and everyone else will be jealous. ITT: Little kids trying to get bigger e-peens.

Edited by Ecksplisit

Take all my +'s. Ignore the trolls. They're all kids that think if they have an "exclusive" frame, then they can show it off and everyone else will be jealous. ITT: Little kids trying to get bigger e-peens.

You're the little kid from what you posted.

All you did was look from the perspective of the people who don't want it to be an exclusive. Maybe if you use your brain and a little of your time and figure out why people are complaining, then your opinion of this problem would be different.

You probably joined after the Fusion Moa event so you probably want the Frost Prime as well so you stand where it's convenient for you.

You're just like the people who missed Braton Vandal and cried over it because they didn't know and didn't log on that Weekend to buy it.

wow what a wonderful post. What the people are really upset about (if DE had said it would simply give a BP which would be released later, everyone would have just though "Oh, cool, it'll save me some farming.", but they said it was "exclusive" then went and ignored that and released it for everyone. The problem is that DE lied (depending on how interpret "lie" lets not get into that and off topic, it could simply be a falsehood/something untrue/etc/etc) about the item being exclusive.

You're the little kid from what you posted.

All you did was look from the perspective of the people who don't want it to be an exclusive. Maybe if you use your brain and a little of your time and figure out why people are complaining, then your opinion of this problem would be different.

You probably joined after the Fusion Moa event so you probably want the Frost Prime as well so you stand where it's convenient for you.

You're just like the people who missed Braton Vandal and cried over it because they didn't know and didn't log on that Weekend to buy it.

I actually participated in the MOA event and have the BP. My friend also already has the frame built. We both think that all of you kids whining are acting ridiculous. I don't care if more people get it. I don't care about "exclusivity". I just want the forums to be back to talking about things that matter. 

I actually participated in the MOA event and have the BP. My friend also already has the frame built. We both think that all of you kids whining are acting ridiculous. I don't care if more people get it. I don't care about "exclusivity". I just want the forums to be back to talking about things that matter. 

This is something that matter.

The DE lied and broke their promise.

They clearly stated in their Live Stream and on Forum Post saying that Frost Prime Blue Print will be exclusive.

This is a matter of trust more so than whether or not an item is exclusive.

They already lied to us when they said they've learn from Glaive mistake.

This is what I mean by not looking at things from both perspective.

Maybe I should of added, Look at both perspective more closely and learn all the facts. 

Very few are actually complaining about it not being exclusively anymore.

Like how DE "lied"/was dishonest/didn't tell us that it wasn't REALLY exclusive? The problem isn;t that it's no longer exclusive, but that they said one thing, then did another.

Grow up, and realize that this IS a big problem. DE shouldn't be able to say one thing, then do another without people calling them on it (even if it was a mistake, they need to address it)

Yes and once free players can farm your Excalibur prime you'll get it. I'm not whining, but don't go calling people kids because you're tired of hearing their thoughts and opinions. You don't care, but someone does. If it's not worth your time there are plenty of other topics to post about. You don't care, yet you're reading and getting involved?

:/

Edited by sushidubya

It's like a friend stealing 5 $ from you.

The five dollars is easy to replace. But the fact he did it is just... wow.

That's what happened with us. We feel betrayed, lied too.

So Grow Up, child.

That is exactly the point.

Yet these people fail to see it.

All they see is the cover of the book and not the content.

I bet these are the people that can't read and look for theme and ideas in a book. Only things they can get out are facts in a History Text Book.

Edited by ThePieBoy

and lied to us.

Oh my good frickin' lord almighty holy god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

A lie is a false statement to a person or group made by another person or group who knows it is not the whole truth, intentionally.

http://www.merriam-w.../dictionary/lie

to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

http://dictionary.re....com/browse/lie

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Lie

To present false information with the intention of deceiving.

You have absolutely no knowledge in regards to what they intended when the event was first announced.

Oh my good frickin' lord almighty holy god.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie

A lie is a false statement to a person or group made by another person or group who knows it is not the whole truth, intentionally.

http://www.merriam-w.../dictionary/lie

to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

http://dictionary.re....com/browse/lie

a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Lie

To present false information with the intention of deceiving.

You have absolutely no knowledge in regards to what they intended when the event was first announced.

and neither do you tbf. If we don't know, you also don't know is my guess.

edit: Most people would say yes, DE lied/gave us wrong info about the reward. And if they had wanted to change their mind, they could have said something instead of springing it as a surprise (more or less)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Mk.. another thread to add to the 32881 topics on the same subject. That aside, am I sore DE went back on their word? A little bit. I don't know if the BP itself was a mistake or not to be included in the drops, but if it was intentional, then yes, they did flat-out lie about it being an exclusive item to those that participated in the event.

I'm not quite the one to *bleep* about them lieing, but DE does need to start communicating more with the player-base about some of the drastic changes they do. The more I read into some of what they're doing, the less I'm inclined to actually spend more money than I already have (and believe me, I've spent a lot of money on Warframe because I enjoy the game for what it is)

Do I want a Braton Vandal? Sure. Will I ever get one? Nope. Do I care? Nope. Its one of those things that if one misses out on something, then its tough luck. I've had to do that all my life on a lot of things and learned to make do with what I *can* get. Plus, this is a game, but then again, everyone apparently has to challenge everyone else for an e-peen status or something...

Mk, that.. is my rant of the day.

Like how DE "lied"/was dishonest/didn't tell us that it wasn't REALLY exclusive? The problem isn;t that it's no longer exclusive, but that they said one thing, then did another.

Grow up, and realize that this IS a big problem. DE shouldn't be able to say one thing, then do another without people calling them on it (even if it was a mistake, they need to address it)

This was in no way a "mistake".

The very reason for us completing the event was the BP being exclusive. DESteve and the other liars at DE made this abundantly clear several times in council chat and on the forums, I think even in their livestream.

No one would have bothered to do the event if this was not exclusive. That was the only motivation. I called them out on it after the event and was attacked by the rabid fanboys for it. Had they really wanted the participants of the event to get this reward, we all would have gotten a Frost Prime Warframe in our inventory the moment the event ended. Or they could have simply given us one of the new weapons from update 8.

All this "BP now and wait another 3 weeks then give us alot more of your money for a chance at completing the reward" bullS#&$ really was all about getting us to download update 8 then pay more to be able to farm the void.

and neither do you tbf. If we don't know, you also don't know is my guess.

Yeah, I don't know, and because of that, logically, I'm not throwing around ignorant claims, pointing fingers and saying that they did this or they did that based on nothing.

Edited by FatalX7

Yeah, I don't know, and because of that, logically, I'm not throwing around ignorant claims, pointing fingers and saying that they did this or they did that based on nothing.

Ah, but I'm not. They did do something, they said one thing, which would be hard to forget about due to the livestream AND multiple posts about it, then turned around and did something completely different which was counter to what they said.

edit:

So based on nothing? Sure if you ignore what they said about the event and the reward being exclusive.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1