Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Game Crash: Repeatedly Causes Gfx Driver To Crash

ShadeSWG

I've gotten a variety of War-####'s, I'll start writing them down, but I have a crash every 1-2 missions, depending on length, that causes my Graphics Card Driver to crash. I've had this for a few weeks, but I'm about to try the most recent nVidia driver released not too long ago. Any thoughts?

WAR-58239

Would you happen to be running the game with Nvidia PhysX Effects enabled? Disabling that setting may alleviate the issue until our programmers are able to submit a fix. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA on when you can expect a fix as the issue is currently under investigation.

I've been getting TONS of crashes with the exact same WAR-58239 number. This is a problem with the game I hope? I really need to be calmed down by someone that it's not my PC

Edited by Aure7

I've been getting TONS of crashes with the exact same WAR-58239 number. This is a problem with the game I hope? I really need to be calmed down by someone that it's not my PC

Can you also try running the game with Nvidia PhysX Effects disabled?

Can you also try running the game with Nvidia PhysX Effects disabled?

Played for much longer without crashes when PhysX was off. But crashed again today with the same "drivers stopped working" and been sent to a "hardware failure detected" page. Can't see my crash ID though.

Played for much longer without crashes when PhysX was off. But crashed again today with the same "drivers stopped working" and been sent to a "hardware failure detected" page. Can't see my crash ID though.

What are your system specs?

What are your system specs?

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i5 3570 (stays at low temp, 55C-60C max I think)

GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1Gb (stays cool too, framerate is very clean and high at maxed settings and temp never goes above 50C)

8 Gb RAM

600 W power supply http://www.chieftec.eu/en/psus/smart-series/gps-600a8.html

EDIT: still having crashes. I see no crash report window probably because the game has crashed but still open in the not responding state, maybe I'll get the crash ID sometime but I don't feel like playing again just because I know i'll lose my mission rewards and such...

Your help is much appreciated!

Edited by Aure7

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i5 3570 (stays at low temp, 55C-60C max I think)

GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1Gb (stays cool too, framerate is very clean and high at maxed settings and temp never goes above 50C)

8 Gb RAM

600 W power supply http://www.chieftec.eu/en/psus/smart-series/gps-600a8.html

EDIT: still having crashes. I see no crash report window probably because the game has crashed but still open in the not responding state, maybe I'll get the crash ID sometime but I don't feel like playing again just because I know i'll lose my mission rewards and such...

Your help is much appreciated!

Have you tried any of the steps provided in https://warframe.com/Hardwarefail (updating drivers, turn off your overclock, run chkdsk for corrupt drives, etc.) -- from the looks of things your specs are well above the minspec requirement. You may also want to try completely reinstalling the game as there could be some missing or corrupt files that Windows is disagreeing with.

The game seems to have problems with GTX in general, GTX 660 here and been posting in the 4 page crash thread. My war number has turned to 59711, but still crashing frequently.

Would you happen to be using a GTX 660M on a laptop? If not, can you please try to get the crash again and reply with an updated WAR-####? There is a potential issue with running laptop video cards alongside on-board graphics cards. If this is the case then you can try manually forcing the system to use the 660M video card instead of the on-board one and this might potentially alleviate the problem. -- The reason I ask this is because the crash ID that you linked did not come from a system using an Nvidia card.

FYI this does not appear to be a general issue across GTX cards as a number of us here are using these same models and are having some difficulty reproducing the crashes. Any additional information that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by DE_Dmitri

Suggestion to everyone having crashes:

Even though after recent updates launcher got updated and performed one of those cache checks, do another one by going into the launcher options. That seemed to fixed my driver crashes so far, played for like 3 hours with no crashes. (did not try to turn on PhysX though). Or maybe it was just luck

Suggestion to everyone having crashes:

Even though after recent updates launcher got updated and performed one of those cache checks, do another one by going into the launcher options. That seemed to fixed my driver crashes so far, played for like 3 hours with no crashes. (did not try to turn on PhysX though). Or maybe it was just luck

After 2 days of gaming with no crashes it crashed again in a same way... Drivers stopped working, warframe is not responding and I can hear some leftover looping sound from it too.

It just keeps on crashing with drivers stopping working, not that often but nothing helps. Just when I think it all ends and i start farming something games says "f*** you* and crashes leaving all the precious materials and mods disappear. I can't view crash ID because game exe is not responding and when I kill it, no crash report window pops up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since roughly the 8.0 dojo update, I've been getting a consistent "graphic driver stopped" crash as well. For the two weeks or so, it seems to almost exclusively either be a 5829 crash or it doesn't display a crash error afterwards. Some days, I only crash once every hour or two, and some days I seem to literally every other mission. So after confirming it was indeed only the 58239 crash popping up, I decided to see if there was a fix here on the forums. I tried turning off the nvidia physix effects option in the game, as stated, and it only seemed to increase my crashing, not decrease. Since this morning, I haven't been able to have the game up for more than 20 minutes tops without a crash, which is a bit ridiculous, and have decided to enable physics effects again.

I have an nvidia 650 Ti, have both validated through steam and reinstalled multiple times, tried both rolling back (as suggested in another thread) drivers and updating to most recent drivers, checked my computer for errors, etc etc. Nothing really seems to help much. I really like this game...but this consistent crashing makes playing unbearably frustrating. If a fix might not be coming out any time soon, is there a way to at least make it so that we can rejoin games on disconnect? Or if nothing else, you keep your xp/rare material drops/blueprints on crash? Nothing is more frustrating than trying to run a mission, getting something good, and then crashing shortly afterwards...much less that occurring multiple times in a row, as it seems to for me on some days.

Hi everyone, we are continuing to monitor the situation and all of your feedback is greatly appreciated. In the meantime I have put together a small list of suggestions that some of you may want to try just to see any of them cause the crash to cease. I wouldn't be surprised if some of you have already tried many of these suggestions, but it wouldn't hurt for those who have not yet had a chance to.

1.       If you are using the latest Nvidia / AMD video drivers then you may want to roll back either one or two versions. There is a chance that if this is a relatively new crash then it could possibly be an issue with new (or beta) drivers.

2.       Try running the game in windowed mode, or even in windowed mode at a reduced resolution. There is a chance that many of you already do this so if that is the case then please disregard this suggestion.

3.       Try running the game at reduced settings. Lower your resolution to restrict memory usage. If this doesn't work then set all of your visual settings set to low/off and open Task Manager to monitor the game’s usage of memory. If this stops the crashing then you may want to try re-enabling each setting one at a time and monitor memory usage as each setting is put into effect.

4.       Disable power saving for both Display and System

a.      Open Control Panel --> System and Security --> Power Options --> Change when the computer sleeps

b.      Set both the display and the computer to never fall asleep

5.       Try moving your sticks of RAM to different ports on the motherboard. If you’re only using one stick of RAM then simply move it to another port. If you’re using multiple sticks then try moving all of them to ports that are otherwise unused, or remove one stick at a time to see if it alleviates the problem. There is a chance that either you might be using faulty RAM or there is a faulty port on the motherboard.

6.        If all else fails then you may want to look at the "Diagnosing System Crashes" sticky located at the top of this subforum as there is a chance that anything listed there could also apply to this crash. (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64026-diagnosing-system-crashes/)

Please let me know if any of these suggestions were of any help. Additionally, you may also want to visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946/en-us for more information in regards to graphics driver crashes.

Thanks!

After disabling/lowering all my graphic settings again, I tried doing the new "defend the point" alert for the weekend....crashed three times and was unable to get it due to crashing. Of all the times I crashed though, only one gave an error which was 71079. Then I tried running for ash and got a 70343. All changing the graphic settings seems to have done is make me get different errors, and possibly more often. I guess I might just have to run tests on my ram again to be safe, since there really isn't anything else suggested that I haven't tried multiple times.

Edited by TheLittleWafflet

After disabling/lowering all my graphic settings again, I tried doing the new "defend the point" alert for the weekend....crashed three times and was unable to get it due to crashing. Of all the times I crashed though, only one gave an error which was 71079. Then I tried running for ash and got a 70343. All changing the graphic settings seems to have done is make me get different errors, and possibly more often. I guess I might just have to run tests on my ram again to be safe, since there really isn't anything else suggested that I haven't tried multiple times.

Hi TheLittleWafflet, 

I see that you're using Windows 7 and your video card drivers are up to date. Is Warframe the only game that is giving you these problems? Would you happen to be running the game with SLI? It might be worth trying to disable SLI and see if the crashing persists.

If you aren't using SLI or that solution doesn't work, then can you try turning on compatibility mode and enabling administrator rights?

1. Right-click the Warframe shortcut, and then click Properties.

2. Click the 'Compatibility' tab.
3. Click to select the 'Run in Compatibility Mode' check box.
4. Click 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
5. Click to select the 'Run this program as an administrator' check box
6. Click OK to save the changes.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I've cut back on warframe significantly since the last post. I'm still not sure if I've really been playing often enough to confidently say this but my crashing *seems* to probably be better, considering I've only crashed once since. I question if it will start showing more should I start playing as much as I used to, but for now I guess I can consider it fixed! So thanks!

Same problem here with GTX 660 Ti. It seems to me that certain maps are crashing each time while others are never crashing. I mostly have issues with endless missions.

If using this list as reference: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Defense

A-B: does not crash (didn't play often)

C: Played a lot, never crashes

D: crashes each time, I rarely can last a wave

E: crashes often

Can someone relate? Easiest would be spend some time on C to make sure it doesn't crash and then just try D once.

Lowering my settings made it happen less often. I went to 32bits and no changes. I monitor my card temp and memory usage and I am far from the max use.

I tried furmark: no problem.

Win7 ran a memtest: no problem,

I tried the last 3 versions of the nvidia driver.

Borderlands 2 seems to have issues too, I do not know if it is related.

BF3, crysis 2, skyrim, Deus ex with max settings are not crashing.