Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue Getting 7.1 Audio Over Headsets Using Virtual Surround (Corsair Void)

Rajko

Hello, wanted to check with the Warframe devs and see if there is any solution on the game side.

I've just bought a Corsair Void Wireless 7.1 headset, and noticed that i'm only getting 2.0 sound out of Warframe.

I suspect this is because Warframe is looking at the OS (windows 7) to see what the connected audio setup is, and outputting it's audio in the expected format.

The Void is registering as a 2.0 channel output to Windows, even though it can handle audio for 7.1.  

Is there any way to set Warframe to output in 7.1 regardless?

I think this is a problem for Corsair (and already posted in their product forum) but if DE has a solution that'd really make my day. 

Windows doesn't allow it to be set as a 7.1 device, I'm thinking it's an issue with their driver not providing for it at all. 

The only thing I haven't yet tried is to toggle the EQ mix through the presets while listening to sound.  Not sure that will help though.

It is because unlike the manufactures of your head set windows recognizes your head set as what it is a head set and not some 7.1 speaker set up, unlike the guys who sold you the crap you are not lied to by neither windows or WF. 

Unless your sound card has a 7.1 emulation sound processor simply plugging in a sham pseudo 7.1 head set will serve you nothing.... hence why WF and windows ignores it.

Edited by Numbsky1

Thanks for the replies, all.  I see that Corsair has said on their forums they are looking at releasing a driver update to pass the 7.1 channel capability to the OS (like you'd expect tbh), but meanwhile I can force the issue using Razer's virtual surround sound tool.  

Not the best work-around, but the quality of the headset is very nice, and at least now I can hear my ship radio from the proper direction, which is a pretty darn nifty thing, indeed.