Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Map Does Stalker Spawn On ?

chuuburg

Question

21 answers to this question

From my experience. Stalker doesn't take preferences with missions. I recall him poofing up in an Assassination mission just before the boss. Not 100% sure how trustworthy my memory is.

All I know that -is- certain about him is that he will not spawn for new players who have not killed a single boss. After the first boss the RNG gods will take notice of you and you will have a small chance of him appearing where ever and when ever. Preferably at the worst time possible.

Due to this. The Stalker is basically not farmable. Because you can't do a "Stalker boss-fight" mission over and over again.

The best way for me to get him was to kill the mercury boss. I also combined this with Ferrite farm(as ferrite is the new alloy lol) And got together with 3 clanmates and started doing 1 Tolstoj then 2 Elion(best place to farm ferrite you can get 500-1000 per run) rotations and we got lots of stalkers.

From my experience. Stalker doesn't take preferences with missions. I recall him poofing up in an Assassination mission just before the boss. Not 100% sure how trustworthy my memory is.

All I know that -is- certain about him is that he will not spawn for new players who have not killed a single boss. After the first boss the RNG gods will take notice of you and you will have a small chance of him appearing where ever and when ever. Preferably at the worst time possible.

Due to this. The Stalker is basically not farmable. Because you can't do a "Stalker boss-fight" mission over and over again.

rumor has it that he mainly appears in level 30+ missions... not sure how much is true though

I'm not sure if this is completely true but in regards to "Farming" Stalker. I have known people to spam kill lower level bosses for a supposed higher chance for him to spawn. More or less many believe that if you kill more bosses the chance for Stalker to spawn is increased. It's fairly hard to test this but it's as good of something to go on if anything.

Also I know Stalker can spawn on normal defense. I'm not entirely sure about assassination or mobile defense but I would assume he could spawn in mobile defense at least.

I have been lvling my trinity and I have had the stalker spawn 5 times, 3 of those for certain were lower than lvl 30 missions, and all of them were on the new Grineer maps. And 4/5 times I was alone...all alone...and he feasted upon my soul... The fifth time there were 3 of us and he poof'd before we could kill him. Any suggestions on how to kill him quickly?

Edited by Opacuslupus

The stalker works on a 3 "Death mark" system. Every time you kill a "boss" your account is flagged with a "Death Mark" (3 on the account max) this means that the stalker has a % to appear and attack you on any map at any given time (Whenever the stalker encounter is rolled in RNG).

The stalker will not spawn in the Dojo however.

There is no way to improve your chances of getting a stalker spawn unless you play with 3 other people who have death marks on their accounts also (Thus upping the chance to roll a stalker encounter).

Edited by Dagnome

so logic would say that killing merc boss three times in a group of 4 then going onto a defence mission to farm (as these tend to be longer missions) with the same group would increase the chances to an optimum?

That would aslo explain why he appears regular on Void, if you got the key from a boss kill after farming it for a while then go onto a lengthy void with 3 other people who may also have D-Marks.

The stalker works on a 3 "Death mark" system. Every time you kill a "boss" your account is flagged with a "Death Mark" (3 on the account max) this means that the stalker has a % to appear and attack you on any map at any given time (Whenever the stalker encounter is rolled in RNG).

There is no way to improve your chances of getting a stalker spawn unless you play with 3 other people who have death marks on their accounts also (Thus upping the chance to roll a stalker encounter).

Curious where you got this info, Dag? Is it from experimentation or something from DE?

Yes im curious to where you got this info as well.

Do tell please :)

Yup I am also curious, never heard of this phenomenon.

I had a bug recently where the stalker appeared on a mobile defense mission, then the defense part of things wouldn't start. He dropped the Despair blueprints and the mission couldn't be completed. Sometimes even when he loses he wins, so be careful!

Ive killed 4times on the day of this post, I made sure I had killed a boss inbetween visits and began farming Endless Defense missions with stalker stalking as my 2ndry objective.

Stalker can spawn in the VOID

1st time I killed him was in my 1st void mission lol.