Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kunai

HindMarauder

Question

So i Got a Kunai some last other day and a despair bp earlier.
i gotta choose which one but i guess it is despair..

Kunai - Has Armor Piercing, Stagger/Stun

Despair - Doesn't have Armor Piercing(i can add No return/AP mods) , More Damage, Faster Reload time.(looks cool)

But Has a reload bug and less damage to infested but runners wont explode with either Kunai or Despair 

*EDIT*
right, despair has armor piercing and droid DOES not X) my bad

Edited by HindMarauder

4 answers to this question

Are you absolutely certain that Despair does not ignore armor?  I haven't built mine yet and haven't heard for sure either way.

I know my Kunai are pretty ridiculous, currently level 24 with a catalyst.  I have them modded with +100% multishot, +100% damage, +30% armor piercing, +48% reload speed, +90% ammo maximum, +45% fire damage, +10% freeze damage, +12% fire rate.  Currently have 2 unused mod capacity.

If Despair does not ignore armor, it does become a bit of a question as to which is actually better.  30% is the max for the No Return mod.  Faster reload time and 10 higher base damage might be appealing, but at the cost of not ignoring armor I'm not sure if it's actually that much better.  The reload with a maxed Quickdraw(maxes at 48%) is already crazy fast for the Kunai.

In my opinion, Kunai are better if Despair does not ignore armor.

EDIT:  I have the freeze on mine just so it slows enemies down, always love it when I hit a shockwave moa or ancient disruptor and slow down it's attack so I can kill it with ease.

Edited by Cifrer

So...

Innate armor ignore = Damage dealt ignore any reduction from any enemies' armor, drawn from base damage, i.e. Bolt weapons.

Innate armor piercing = Base damage treated as armor-piercing elemental damage, with reduction on AP resistent units.

Is this right? Please CMIIW, and if a weapon do have innate armor piercing, does the weapon have normal AND armor-piercing damage or only armor-piercing? (Haven't tried Kunai/Despair, and Snipetron removed from game before I have even tried it...)