Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyst/reactor Unslotting

Cerebrum123

It could be abused so just make it one time feture: A Catalyst/Reactor could only be unsloted for one time only.

I suggested this before but it went down and i think DE won't do it. :(

True, but there are ways to keep it from being exploited, like maybe the cost being a plat or two, doubt two many people are going to use a bunch of plat just to keep slotting and reslotting the same thing over and over. ;) 

I actually really like that idea, slotting an item and then realizing it's not for your play style can be a real waste of money. I would even do 5 platinum. Anything to save me money. That way if you do end up flip flopping they might have the pleasure of making more money. This would though, give us a chance to save some as well. This is a good idea.

True, but there are ways to keep it from being exploited, like maybe the cost being a plat or two, doubt two many people are going to use a bunch of plat just to keep slotting and reslotting the same thing over and over. ;) 

thts where ur wrong. if its cheaper to to take out and put it back on it a different weapon then buyin a new potatoe, chances are ppl will take advantage of takin it and reusing it. i know i would. plus u can get a pretty good amount of plat when u put money into the game. be better if u jst get use to findin a new one unless the DEV actually came up with idea for this without it bein taken advantage of.  If i had anything to say about it, id say make it at LEAST 15 plat to reuse it or a couple hundred credits. either way i dnt think the DEV would go with this...

Edited by Gamerboy1420

thts where ur wrong. if its cheaper to to take out and put it back on it a different weapon then buyin a new potatoe, chances are ppl will take advantage of takin it and reusing it. i know i would. plus u can get a pretty good amount of plat when u put money into the game. be better if u jst get use to findin a new one unless the DEV actually came up with idea for this without it bein taken advantage of.  If i had anything to say about it, id say make it at LEAST 15 plat to reuse it or a couple hundred credits. either way i dnt think the DEV would go with this...

Yeah, but the minimum plat purchase I saw was $5, and having to pay money for it is still paying money for it. Also, considering that if you are really lucky you can get free catalyst/reactor this is a way for DE to still make a little money, while the less fortunate players can undo mistakes.

Don't see this working. Would render having multiple potatoes useless, which are one of the "teses" that are used for plat spending and purchases. When pushed to the extreme, one could do with 1/2 frame and 3/4 weapon potatoes for the entire game.

The downside of consumables is that they are consumable. If you potato a frame/weapon that you have no idea if you will like or not, then you get to reap the consequences of that decision if you do not have potatoes/plat to spare.

A new potato is 20 plat. Thats already an option to "reverse" a "mistake." Otherwise, it seems like just trying to wriggle out of the obvious time vs. spend $$$ for instant gratification mechanic of any F2P title that works like WF does.

The only way I see this working is as a blueprint.

Your buy the blueprint to unslot a potato off the market for say 100k credits.

The materials needed are say 2000 alloy plate, 2000 rubedo, 10 orokin cells, and the weapon that you are removing the potato from.

The important thing here is the weapon would be destroyed in the process.

As long as the cost is high enough to discourage people from abusing it, I don't see a problem with the idea.

The only way I see this working is as a blueprint.

Your buy the blueprint to unslot a potato off the market for say 100k credits.

The materials needed are say 2000 alloy plate, 2000 rubedo, 10 orokin cells, and the weapon that you are removing the potato from.

The important thing here is the weapon would be destroyed in the process.

As long as the cost is high enough to discourage people from abusing it, I don't see a problem with the idea.

At that point it's no longer a feature and now a chore.

I'm opposed to the idea, as it's a bit counter productive with regards to the market.

However, if it were made to cost Forma (with the internal logic being that Forma is highly malleable and therefore able to assist in the separation of delicate Orokin components from your super-charged weapon,) and if took a long time, somewhere in the neighborhood of a week... (a process which could be expedited with a small platinum fee,) in addition to requiring a specialized, prohibitively expensive recycling plant in your dojo, it could be made to work in a balanced way.

Or that's what I'm thinking... and I still feel it's too exploitable.