The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage Fix: Make Explosions Into Confetti, Return 4 Clone Attack

(PSN)Snowbluff

The change hasn't even rolled out for ps4 yet as far as I know, you haven't even gotten a chance to test it.

Well, first, ad hominem much.

Second, my idea is awesome. Are you anti-confetti?

Third, for someone complaining about feedback, you aren't actually providing any feedback.

Edited by (PS4)Snowbluff

Ad hominem is insulting someone's person and using it to discredit their arguement. i.e. "You're ugly, why should we listen to someone as ugly as you?"

Don't throw around words this big if you don't know what they mean.

I'm not complaining about feedback. What I am saying is that you haven't even tried the change yet.

"You're not qualified to make a judgement because you have played with it." You're problem is that it's me, rather than having an argument.

And then you go onto say I shouldn't try and use big words, when you legitimately had to look it up, and still got it wrong.

Edited by (PS4)Snowbluff

I'm surprised they didn't just make the additional projectiles client side visible only, or even invisible to everyone, as I assume it's the graphical performance issue and not engine performance issue cataloging that many bullets.

Of course the new mirage is problematic, I don't deny that, but what I am saying is that he should try her out before making a suggestion to change her.

But...he/she/they knows what the change is, and what the reason for the change is. What new information would he/she/they need in order to make this suggestion more valid? It feels like you're just making a stink out of this for the heck of it.

To actually play the frame, to see how the change affects it.

When people read the patch notes about mesa everyone was instantly like "She is completely useless now", but anyone that spent 5 minutes with her post change realised that the nerf barely affected her killing power anywhere but defence mission afk'ing.

If you actually stopped to think instead of getting this raging "you're not qualified to speak" boner, you'd have realized he's proposing a solution for the technical side of the issue with HOM. Suggesting a way of reducing the strain from HOM hardly requires you to have any hands on experience with the gameplay aspect of the change. Edited by (XB1)JAMEEL32

Thread title. Make the explosions into low particle confetti (or just lower graphic explosions) so older computers can handle it.

Or just realize that mirage needed a nerf and get over it.

Well, first, ad hominem much.

There was no ad hominem in that post....stop reading liberal blogs and learn real logic.

Edited by Thaumatos

Or just realize that even as a nerf it's backwards. It should have been a damage nerf.

Even so, people would complain.

I don't think you realize the point of most of the people here.  They just don't want a nerf to OP things.

Edit:

Also, its console players crying about a change they haven't even experienced simply because it exists.  They're just trolling the balance patches...that's all.

Edited by Thaumatos

I don't think you realize the point of most of the people here. They just don't want a nerf to OP things.

Edit:

Also, its console players crying about a change they haven't even experienced simply because it exists. They're just trolling the balance patches...that's all.

Good Lorde, READ. The OP said nothing about damage. The official reason given for the change was graphical optimization. It is not a balence change. The op just offered an alternate solution to said graphical problem without having to alter how the power works/used to work. It's not rocket science, it's not whining, you're making arguments for a situation that doesn't exist in this thread. The devs did not label this as a balence change, and regardless of your opinion, we have to take them at their word, and with Mirage's history of setting computers on fire, it makes total sense, as does the OP's idea imo.

If you don't agree with an idea, that's fine, but just say that instead of being a jerk and attacking the OP's right to even make suggestions.

Edited by (PS4)spider59234

I don't think you realize the point of most of the people here.  They just don't want a nerf to OP things.

Edit:

Also, its console players crying about a change they haven't even experienced simply because it exists.  They're just trolling the balance patches...that's all.

I don't think you even realize the issue here...

You're way out of touch with reality.

*desperately tries to rerail thread*

I don't think this would work, because explosions weren't really the problem. Rendering the clones themselves is the big issue. But it could just be me and my potato clock of a laptop.

That's easy to fix.

Make a lower poly version of the clones for others to see. Since they won't be so close and the clones glow, it'd be hard to tell that they are there. This is what they do with phantoms in Dark Souls to make the game run better on consoles. They actually might do this already.