Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Phaedra Sounds Very Weak

SnowDrakE

Considering that the Phaedra is the biggest machinegun type weapon we have available for archwing, the sound was extremely disappointing for me.

Personally I think it sounds like a plastic spoon hitting a hard surface. There is no bass, no feel no depth to the sound.

Just for fun I asked my wife sitting 2 meters away from me what she thinks it sounds like (she didn't see the gun or the screen) and after a short pause she replied:

"That sounds a bit like a tiny lawnmower."

It's hard not to make fun of it but seriously, the sound doesn't do the gun justice. The design is really nice and when you press the fire button, the immersion breaks.

Compared to weapons like the Buzlok or the Grineer gun emplacements, those sound a lot meatier.

Well considering you can only hear it because the vibrations from the gun would travel up your arm to your head.... I can understand why it would sound weird. Space will do that to sound.

By that logic, explosions in space should be silent.

Well considering you can only hear it because the vibrations from the gun would travel up your arm to your head.... I can understand why it would sound weird. Space will do that to sound.

The devs have chosen to ignore science for the purpose of awesomeness in AW mode :/