Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Borked Defense Rewards Already.

CharginTarge

Hellfire, Hellfire, Heated Charge, Hellfire, Hellfire, Heated Charge, Heated Charge, Hellfire....

I'm sick an tired of only seeing the same two rewards on Defense missions. There really needs be be a change that makes the defense mission rewards more varied and worthwhile.

CharginTarge, on 28 May 2013 - 1:19 PM, said:

Hellfire, Hellfire, Heated Charge, Hellfire, Hellfire, Heated Charge, Heated Charge, Hellfire....

I'm sick an tired of only seeing the same two rewards on Defense missions. There really needs be be a change that makes the defense mission rewards more varied and worthwhile.

I feel your pain homey, as those two items still appear most frequently.

BUT

To DE's credit we ARE getting things like void keys and streamlines, so there's at least that.

If I'm not mistaken the DE's have already talked about this, its not broken it's just a tier system has not yet been implimented yet. So right now no matter how far you go, the rewards you get are always random. You could get a void key on wave 5, or a hellfire on wave 20. Its all up to the RNG.

I don't have the source but I believe the DE's have said its an uncoming feature.

Void Keys, what is this Unicorn you speak of? The ever elusive void key. It's like a Snipe. Clap your hands three times and stomp your feet, it's farm time! 50+ defense IO Jupiter missions and I have not earned my own way into the void yet. Disgusts me with the drop rate of the Prime gear once you get into the Void. That plus the repeated rewards from farming these missions make Warframe life not the journey or the destination. The few mods it gives you are not horrible but after a certain amount of them, they become quite useless. I really hope someone looks into this issue, good topic!

I feel your pain homey, as those two items still appear most frequently.

BUT

To DE's credit we ARE getting things like void keys and streamlines, so there's at least that.

Void Key drops?  What?

I've done countless Defense Missions and gotten ONE.

Not a typo, I've been hearing people say 'borked' as a substitue for broken, but I don't know where it's from.

It came from the rejection by the US Senate of Robert Bork's nomination to the Supreme Court. It was unusual for a nomination to be rejected in such a manner, so the term "Wow, that totally just got Borked" came about as a euphemism for something getting stopped/failing/etc.

/trivia

Edited by goodgimp

Void Keys, what is this Unicorn you speak of? The ever elusive void key. It's like a Snipe. Clap your hands three times and stomp your feet, it's farm time! 50+ defense IO Jupiter missions and I have not earned my own way into the void yet. Disgusts me with the drop rate of the Prime gear once you get into the Void. That plus the repeated rewards from farming these missions make Warframe life not the journey or the destination. The few mods it gives you are not horrible but after a certain amount of them, they become quite useless. I really hope someone looks into this issue, good topic!

They rigged the drop system on the Primes to push players into more tower runs.

If I'm not mistaken the DE's have already talked about this, its not broken it's just a tier system has not yet been implimented yet. So right now no matter how far you go, the rewards you get are always random. You could get a void key on wave 5, or a hellfire on wave 20. Its all up to the RNG.

I don't have the source but I believe the DE's have said its an uncoming feature.

A system where the only mods you get as reward are Hellfire and Heated Charge is hardly random. I wouldn't have minded if the rewards were truly random, which is easy enough to implement, while DE works on the details of a proper loot system, but right now Defense mission are completely pointless if all you're gonna see are the same 2 mods.

It came from the rejection by the US Senate of Robert Bork's nomination to the Supreme Court. It was unusual for a nomination to be rejected in such a manner, so the term "Wow, that totally just got Borked" came about as a euphemism for something getting stopped/failing/etc.

/trivia

Huh and here I always thought that Borked came from Broken:

Broken

Broked (slang)

Borked (transposed)

Because someone transposed the O and R and it stuck.

Hellfire I'm getting a ton of and last night I got 4 Banshee Systems BP's in one run up to wave 20 on pluto.  How is that random??

Also, I have the sneaking suspicion that the only blueprint offered as reward is Banshee Systems, and that the only Rare mod you ever get is Streamline. I've seen that mod come by as reward so often that I would hardly call it rare anymore.

Yup... the rewards seem off.

While I appreciate the occasional key that i get... most of the variety is from kill drops, not the mission reward.

The only good thing is that i now have a decent streamline rating.