Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Up With Archwing Drop Tables?

Xazur

Been grinding archwing to get Dual Decurion parts and Corvas Reciever, yet all I've gotten is a bunch of bits and ends and a load of Corvas barrels and stocks. With the addition of 2 more archwing weapons it dilutes the chances to get the part you need even more. What's worse is the new weapon blueprints are also added to drop table? With the removal of Earth interception where people could go to get Corvas parts now we need to do Uranus and compete with Elytron and a whole lot of other parts. I just don't get this anymore. Also I understand that Uranus is a higher level mission but the amount of mobs that spawn in it is ridiculous that standing still for even 2 seconds will get you downed.

Why not just add more archwing nodes to other planets instead of diluting drop tables even more. Also I don't think archwing should not count as a node for clearing a planet, but keep it there for anyone who wants to do archwing.

Edited by Xazur

I don't think archwing should not count as a node for clearing a planet, but keep it there for anyone who wants to do archwing.

This.

At this point, I'm just starting to deal with DE releasing what is possibly one of the shakiest 'features' they've come up with. The Archwing system attempts to replicate the vanilla game with little success, a lot of it possibly due to the fact that the whole scope of gameplay has changed, and it seems that too few people have realised this.

The mod system is plagued with issues such as low-percentage RNG, nigh-invisible pickups due to the scale of maps, and on top of those, all the faults that come with the vanilla mod system. The addition of mod rewards to missions is - I assume - an attempt at a solution, but all this does is dilute the rewards for completion even further, making progression (which is, like vanilla, intrinsically tied to the mod system) painful at best for starters.

Simply increasing RNG percentages would help immensely; the only reason I think starting out as a new player in vanilla is better in terms of mod progression is the fact that we have survival missions and the like, which have a much higher enemy density. If that can't happen in Archwing, please at least consider increase the rate of mod drops, or adding more nodes with smaller reward tables each, along with other  quality of life improvements such as marking out mods on-screen without the need for a limited-range Loot Detector. It desperately needs something like this to even begin to live up to what the vanilla game can offer players.

I could go on to talk about movement and control, enemy scaling and damage and other things which exacerbate problems found in the vanilla gamemode, but that's not the scope of this thread. Right now, it's just a system based off copying large chunks of the vanilla game, and then patching up glaring problems with quickfixes that don't really provide a sustainable solution to players who might be a little more critical of awkward mechanics. So yes, please make Archwing missions optional for those who want to clear planets.

The table there is blatantly unfinished at best, and downright wrong at worst. Some serious lack of confirmation problems going on there.

Maybe DE rolled the dices on the where the drops would be because before it was somewhat accurate.