Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voip Issues (Found Source Of Problem) Please Rectify De

yamishan

In the current state i cannot even turn the warframe ingame VOIP on without immeadiatly deafening every person in my squad including myself and it is restricted to the warframe VOIP, I use both TeamSpeak and skype with no such effects in normal cicumstances using either of my 2 available microphones. Sadly this means im forced to tell people through chat i cannot use the ingame voip if they are and expect a audio response from me.

Warframe VOIP seems to be using a echo cancellation effect which causes a feedback loop of increasing background audio to unbearable levels turning into a high screeching sound. I have figured this out through playing with teamspeak (which normally does not produce this effect for me) and applying different effects till i replicated exactly what is happening to me only in warframe, what did it was most definitly the echo cancellation system and because of this issue i cannot use the ingame VOIP at all even though i use things like skype and teamspeak on a regular basis when playing a online game with any form of grouping ("party" "squad")etc.

is there a way to give us a toggle for echo reduction and echo cancellation effects for the VOIP codec for those of us with microphones that absolutly refuse to work correctly with such features as both of my microphones do; also a voice activation detection slider would be nice as with some people ive played with its clearly activating it at low sounds like background conversations and typing and transmitting and it is causing me no end of audio troubles. If so would u please add such toggles in options for voice immediatly so i can actually speak to new people i play with that may also use the VOIP feature of warframe.

If required i could attempt to record both screen and audio of both creating the effect with teamspeak as well as recording the warframe version to validate my point altho with it being so easily discovered and pointed out i hope u dont wish this harm to my ears theyve gotten sore enough just from a few minutes of this effect.