The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Peacemaker And Duration Being Efficiency For It.

DenoDagor

In regards to the new mechanic it feels better to actually do something, but it could be a fixed size on the screen and less blurry.

But in regards to the Duration <-> efficiency mechanic it is okay on paper but it is either bugged or there is some math concept I don't quite understand. Let me explain.

I equipped only Fleeting expertise with -50% duration and +50% efficiency. No change at all on energy per second consumption. 

Then various other combinations and it seemed that duration was less effective per % at decreasing the cost than efficiency.

For example I had I think Narrow minded on +45% duration, Continuity +30%, Streamline +30% efficiency. That was giving me 6 energy per second for Peacemaker. I remove Continuity it goes up to about 7, I put it back and remove Streamline it goes up to about 8.5.

So like right now with these mods I have 175% duration and 130% efficiency. Shouldn't that give me 25% energy consumption ( 3.75 per second)?

Would love to know if this is a bug or intended effect. If it is intended to be like this then my feedback is that I don't find that so great. If this is a bug then please move this post to the bug section please.

But how does that explain Fleeting expertise? It gives 50% and takes 50% but it still stays on 15 energy per second.

peacemaker cost 15;

duration: 50%, efficiency 150%; (using only fleeting exp)

formula ->   15*(1/0.5)*(2-1.5) = 15*(2)*(0.5) = 15!!! ( wow )

I think this thread of mine can help you out a bit

Power Efficiency is MUCH stronger, but only if you stack it as much as possible (capping is by far the best), because it uses cost reduction for its formula, not actual "efficiency".

Power Duration is not nearly as good for toggle efficiency (or ability efficiency in general), since it works as a TRUE efficiency formula.

Just quick examples:

Power Efficiency and how absurdly well it scales:

+10% power efficiency = 10% less power cost = ACTUALLY 11,11% efficiency (you can cast 11,11% more often since 1 / 0,9 = 1,11111... x the original amount of casts)

+20% power efficiency = 20% less power cost = ACTUALLY 25% efficiency (you can cast 25% more often since 1 / 0,8 = 1,25 x the original amount of casts)

+50% power efficiency = 50% less power cost = ACTUALLY 100% efficiency (you can cast 100% more often since 1 / 0,5 = 2 x the original amount of casts)

+70% power efficiency = 70% less power cost = ACTUALLY 233% efficiency (you can cast 233% more often since 1 / 0,3 = 3,3333... x the original amount of casts)

+75% power efficiency = 75% less power cost = ACTUALLY 300% efficiency (you can cast 300% more often since 1 / 0,25 = 4 x the original amount of casts)

Power Duration, and its more balanced formula:

+20% power duration = ACTUALLY 20% efficiency, giving a power cost reduction of 16,66% (1 / 1,2 = 0,833... You can thus cast 20% more often since 1 / 0,833... = 1,2 x the original amount of casts)

+50% power duration = ACTUALLY 50% efficiency, giving a power cost reduction of 33,33% (1 / 1,5 = 0,666... You can thus cast 50% more often since 1 / 0,666... = 1,5 x the original amount of casts)

+75% power duration = ACTUALLY 75% efficiency, giving a power cost reduction of 42,85% (1 / 1,75 = 0,571,... You can thus cast 75% more often since 1 / 0,571... = 1,75 x the original amount of casts)

+100% power duration = ACTUALLY 100% efficiency, giving a power cost reduction of 50% (1 / 2 = 0,5 You can thus cast 100% more often since 1 / 0,5 = 2 x the original amount of casts)

+200% power duration = ACTUALLY 200% efficiency, giving a power cost reduction of 66,66% (1 / 3 = 0,333... You can thus cast 200% more often since 1 / 0,333... = 3 x the original amount of casts)

+300% power duration = ACTUALLY 300% efficiency, giving a power cost reduction of 75% (1 / 4 = 0,25 You can thus cast 300% more often since 1 / 0,25 = 4 x the original amount of casts)

As you maybe notice, at low amounts of either Duration of Efficiency, they do similar amount of benefitting. But for you to reach the cost reduction cap (75% cost reduction), you need either +300% Power Duration or +75% Power Efficiency.

So, if you wanna have a good build for ANY Warframe that uses a Toggle (or any Warframe in general, actually), use these mods:

Fleeting Expertise (at +50%)

Streamline (at +25%)

Primed Continuity, or any combination of Duration-boosting mods (at least at +50%)

What that does is: Max cap efficiency (75%) and no penalty to Duration. That was, and still is, the general best combination of how you mod your Warframe. Only exception is Trinity due to EV Vampire.

What the Power Duration change was, it was nothing but a nerf to Toggle-abilities. Nothing else whatsoever.

I hate math...

As annoying as it may be to most people, math is a VERY handy knowledge to have, especially if you are a gamer.

Edited by Azamagon

Thanks man, this was very helpful. 

And yeah I know it's useful I just like it simple. Hate these equations, I usually do well when doing it by myself like finding damage per magazine on two different builds like Crit build and Damage build. But when it comes to doing these solid equations that are already on paper I screw up a lot.