Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So While Atlas Is Building, I'ma Go Play Some Terraria...

Monsterwithin

don't forget to build your moat before you switch to Hard Mode.

though while Terraria was good fun, i like Starbound's less 'spam sword swing as you cut down 763984237689 dudes' and more Skill Based Combat much more.

may not deal with as many Enemies at once then, but every action then matters, you have to think about what you're going to do.

Just make sure to build a house BEFORE the zom-zoms show up. 

don't forget to build your moat before you switch to Hard Mode.

though while Terraria was good fun, i like Starbound's less 'spam sword swing as you cut down 763984237689 dudes' and more Skill Based Combat much more.

may not deal with as many Enemies at once then, but every action then matters, you have to think about what you're going to do.

Maybe Ill do that this time.

Maybe Ill do that this time.

you don't always? ?!?

having a Moat is like, mandatory for your Base to even be remotely safe in Hard Mode. (spending all of your time dead isn't really much fun)

7 blocks of Air Space + 3 layers of untaintable material lining the sides.

this protects your Base from being able to be turned into Corruption or Hallowed.

optionally, moving your NPC Apartment Complex ~11 player heights or so into the air from the ground will reduce their deaths. (as well as having a switch you can flip to put the Complex into lockdown, with Active Stone)

as long as you're storing your materials and crafting stuff at ground level or below, that is.

but you gotta have that Moat. having your Base being Corruption or Hallowed is just a pain in the arse.

you don't always? ?!?

having a Moat is like, mandatory for your Base to even be remotely safe in Hard Mode. (spending all of your time dead isn't really much fun)

7 blocks of Air Space + 3 layers of untaintable material lining the sides.

this protects your Base from being able to be turned into Corruption or Hallowed.

optionally, moving your NPC Apartment Complex ~11 player heights or so into the air from the ground will reduce their deaths. (as well as having a switch you can flip to put the Complex into lockdown, with Active Stone)

as long as you're storing your materials and crafting stuff at ground level or below, that is.

but you gotta have that Moat. having your Base being Corruption or Hallowed is just a pain in the arse.

I let my base become hallowed once.

So.

Many.

F***ing.

PIXIES.

I have nearly a hundred banners just from pixies killed by my stardust dragon while I go about my business in my house.

-snip-

basically, yeah. among many other Enemy Types.

the ones that phase through Walls are real jerks too, attacking you while you're just crafting stuff or Killing your NPC's all the time.

the only downside i guess, is that if you're starting a new Character for a World, that means it'll be a big pain to dig that Moat without the stuff you get in Hard Mode like Drills.