The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats The Purpose Of Frost When We Can Have Mesa Team

(PSN)OdinKuro

If frost isnt about his globes anymore what build do u recommend for him not being squishy and helpful for groups

In defense missions i play my frost as a CC tank.

I put up a snow globe on the pod. then i run to around outside freezing groups of enemy's and slowing large masses. I try building my frost to max duration and efficiency but not loosing too much power strength as it still helps to deal some damage.

There are areas where each ability comes into play.

a) Doors and corridors i uses my first and second ability for this. 

b) Rooms and other big areas i use my 2nd and forth which disables any problem. 

There's no real need for a super strong invincible snowglobe if everything is frozen, and there's plenty duration mods that extend this frozen period giving the team plenty of time to dispatch anyone. Pair this with Mesa and there's no real threat to her or the team.

You can use the syndicate mods if you want to i only see the use of the 2nd one for its slow. The first I find is useful for assassinations and captures as it Ice slows targets. But lets be real just aim at the enemy and press 1 and they are out of the fight.

I've only had a Frost for about a week or so, level 30 but no Forma yet. My squad was farming ODD for the Ember P BP and I can't say I found myself bored. I did not in fact have to leave the globe much, but I also was not just spamming the globe, and I didn't feel tethered to it. The other three would roam the perimeter gunning down infested, I would handle anything that got past them by sending out shards with #2 (modded for range and duration, shards would cover an entire side of the map) and targeted slows with #1, if a mob built up in the globe I'd hit #4 and finish them off with the Hek. Trin kept us all happy with energy LOL

It's all about play style, one person's boring is another person's fun.

They both serve a very very very different purpose which does not conflict each other. if you are doing 20 waves of defense infested or not, you wouldn't see much difference of having a Frost,  once you are into hardcore grinding, with a trinity in your team you will appreciate that Frost than the Mesa, with or without the Mesa most frame even Frost has some abilities to damage a whole group of enemies. Mesa only satisfies the damage role, but when the situation is out of hands Mesa really can't do anything where a Frost have other abilities for long and solid CC. Mesa's 2 will provide somewhat of control but it is like comparing bombs to nuke when comparing it to Frost's control ability. And no, once you are doing those long long defs Mesa will suffer from Damage reduction aura and those corpus anti-skill shields. I hope that clears it for you.