Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonicor Build

-Kryptyk-

Question

24 answers to this question

Since I just posted it in another thread XD

p0QJgOI.jpg

Still testing the effectiveness of Seeker. I really want to put Quickdraw instead of it, since the reload time is painful.

hmmm I don't have primed heated charge or pummel.... also, what's the effect of having 0 status chance, but having elemental mods on?

hmmm I don't have primed heated charge or pummel.... also, what's the effect of having 0 status chance, but having elemental mods on?

Elemental mods will still increase your damage, you just won't be able to activate a status chance.

As long as you avoid anything that says "+60% Status Chance" elemental mods are fine.

Read here for more details

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

It actually does have status chance: I equipped an ice mod to it and I did see enemies being procced with the appropriate effect. That said, whatever the actual status chance is it probably isn't that high since the procs are few and far in between, and it's already guaranteed to stagger/ragdoll enemies anyway, so raw damage is probably still the way to go with this one.

Since I just posted it in another thread XD

[spoiler

Still testing the effectiveness of Seeker. I really want to put Quickdraw instead of it, since the reload time is painful.

Wow, 7 formas ? Pedal to the medal ! I didn't even think any existing weapon would benefit from more than 6.

Hornet Strike

Lethal Torrent

Barrel Diffusion

Pummel

Concussion Rounds

Gunslinger

Magnum Force

Quickdraw

Used 4 Forma to reach this build with all Mods at their max rank.

The Sonicor always ragdolls, so I thought I'd focus more on utility with this gun. The 0% status chance leaves little room for additional effects anyways. Even though it's not the best damage dealer out there, I appreciate this gun a lot.

Edited by -Vin-

the sonicor can proc stuff, but it follows standard proc logic as each shot is guaranteed to proc, normally defaulting to impact(stagger/ragdoll) a little multishot will help increase the frequency of other procs, but otherwise build for damage

I'm using Quickdraw in place of Pummel. Not loving the added impact damage as it has poor damage modifiers (and I saved a Forma). Depends I guess; Impact works against Corpus/Infested I guess. 120% Impact = ~72% Fire damage against Grineer.

Oh, and adding Blast damage is awesome; it still does that old 'bonus ragdolling' sending enemies flying instead of simply knocked back.

So I alternate between Corrosive+Fire+Reload, and Corrosive+Blast.

I think some of you don't understand this weapon.  It has a 0% status chance.  This means any and all status effects will NEVER proc.  The ragdoll/knockback is an INNATE function much like the tonkor.  It literally has nothing to do with what elemental mods you put on so putting blast on to the weapon is a horrible idea.  Blast has always only been used for it's knockback.  This knockback will NEVER proc, and it doesn't even need to because of the innate knockback it already possesses.  Blast has one of the worst damage ratio's in the game.

Putting elemental mods will still add damage, and you should tailor which elements to maximize damage.  Seems like the best route to mod is just for pure damage with maybe some fire rate for quicker shots.  The damage does seem low, but the CC you get in return is pretty impressive.  I wasn't finding myself going through the clip that fast so I probably won't use faster reload mods, but I suppose that'd be a personal preference kinda thing.

Edited by (PS4)Gangalito

I think some of you don't understand this weapon.  It has a 0% status chance.  This means any and all status effects will NEVER proc. 

I'm thinking you've never actually used the weapon. It does proc, quite frequently, despite the arsenal showing a 0% status chance.

Blast is more about sending enemies flying, rather than simply knocked back. Try it out - it might not be the most effective damage type, but it is hilarious.

I'm thinking you've never actually used the weapon. It does proc, quite frequently, despite the arsenal showing a 0% status chance.

Blast is more about sending enemies flying, rather than simply knocked back. Try it out - it might not be the most effective damage type, but it is hilarious.

That's not a blast status proc.  It's an innate ragdoll/knockback function.  They are in fact, different things. 0% status, means 0% status.  The knockback has a 100% chance to activate, but once again, it's not blast, it's knockback.

Edited by (PS4)Gangalito

Sigh. Okay, I'll try to be more clear; Installing Blast damage on a weapon with ragdolling effects causes the ragdoll to increase in velocity by a significant amount. Regardless of status proccing.

I'm also able to proc corrosive and viral effects on enemies depending on the elementals installed on the weapon.

Edited by Darzk

I think some of you don't understand this weapon.  It has a 0% status chance.  This means any and all status effects will NEVER proc.  The ragdoll/knockback is an INNATE function much like the tonkor.  It literally has nothing to do with what elemental mods you put on so putting blast on to the weapon is a horrible idea.  Blast has always only been used for it's knockback.  This knockback will NEVER proc, and it doesn't even need to because of the innate knockback it already possesses.  Blast has one of the worst damage ratio's in the game.

Putting elemental mods will still add damage, and you should tailor which elements to maximize damage.  Seems like the best route to mod is just for pure damage with maybe some fire rate for quicker shots.  The damage does seem low, but the CC you get in return is pretty impressive.  I wasn't finding myself going through the clip that fast so I probably won't use faster reload mods, but I suppose that'd be a personal preference kinda thing.

I think you may need to re-read this

Lethal Momentum increases range when used with the Sonicor.

Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Lethal Torrent, Lethal Momentum, the rest is open for debate. 

I ended up going with a five forma build that doesn't use lethal momentum.  swapped that out for quickdraw and threw in all the elemental mods.  was always more of a close range assault kind of guy, so it didn't make sense to increase the range that much on it.

-snip-

Despite the misleading UI, the Soncior actually can proc other status effects besides impact. Not terribly frequently mind you, but if you put an ice mod on it I guarantee you that you'll see at least some enemies become frozen. I think the UI shows the proc chance of the physical projectile (which is 0%) rather than the AoE, or something like that. Hopefully it's something the Devs can adjust to fix the confusion surrounding it.

That said, I don't think the status chance is high enough to warrant a status build, especially since it's already guaranteed to stagger or ragdoll enemies.

It has no status and very little critical, so it becomes just a pure damage build.

Just pile on mods with Pure +% dmg (Elemental, Hornet Strike, Pistol version of Heavy Caliber, etc.)

Accuracy on it doesn't matter since it is an AOE weapon.  Rate of Fire doesn't matter either because it is a semi-auto aoe weapon anyways.  You wouldn't want to rapid fire as the first hit would have knocked people away from the point of impact.

A weapon will always (with every shot) deal any elemental and physical damage installed, regardless of the corresponding status triggering or not.

Elements still work because they apply the damage of said element. But the status proc is the little symbol that shows up on their health bar and means they took said damage. For instance Gas. THe actual gas cloud has a small chance of forming but you still get the extra % dmg from the element.

A weapon will always (with every shot) deal any elemental and physical damage installed, regardless of the corresponding status triggering or not.

Elements still work because they apply the damage of said element. But the status proc is the little symbol that shows up on their health bar and means they took said damage. For instance Gas. THe actual gas cloud has a small chance of forming but you still get the extra % dmg from the element.

bro.  holy fcking necro'd thread.  

CALM.

DAFUQ.

DOWN.

HOMIE.