Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Fix Sprint Please?

Fyrebane

Sprint will not activate or deactivate while doing anything other than simply running. If you are sprinting and do anything else like slide attack or something it locks the last mode either sprinting or not sprinting into play. So no matter what you are actually doing with the sprint button once your action is over with it will pick up where it left off either sprinting or not sprinting. And you cannot try to start sprinting until after any action is completed. Trying too early results in just jogging with the sprint button pressed. It also messes with wall runs when it won't stop sprinting. 

Of course there are ways to cancel the action which just takes some getting used to, but the point is lack of control. I just want to be sprinting if I sprint is held and just jogging when it's not. Simple. 

Am I the only one?

while i agree it needs a rework. i think its just the way the system is built.

sprinting is something you always want on. wall walking is something you want some of the time and roll is something you want on demand.

this causes a mess when you consider stamina.

they need to unbind sprint form the shift key and let it not use stamina or something. or figure out some way of getting it to work cause as of right now the game is constantly having to stop you so you can use one of the three things that clash in terms of what you want on when.

it also makes you have to hold/tap/hold/tap/hold for the entire mission and it makes all three feel like they are tripping over each other.

really wish they did something about it.

while i agree it needs a rework. i think its just the way the system is built.

sprinting is something you always want on. wall walking is something you want some of the time and roll is something you want on demand.

this causes a mess when you consider stamina.

they need to unbind sprint form the shift key and let it not use stamina or something. or figure out some way of getting it to work cause as of right now the game is constantly having to stop you so you can use one of the three things that clash in terms of what you want on when.

it also makes you have to hold/tap/hold/tap/hold for the entire mission and it makes all three feel like they are tripping over each other.

really wish they did something about it.

I get Left Pinky Cramps all the time because of this. It gets tired of holding the same key down 75% of the time during missions, that it will literally get sore enough to cause me to stop playing.

But then if they remove stamina from sprinting, then everybody would sprint all the time, and never jog/walk.

But then it'd get rid of the annoying requirement of Sprint slide Sprint slide Sprint slide Sprint to go faster (and kill your pinky in the process).

I guess it must be a controller only thing then, what I'm talking about is whenever I hit the thumb-stick down it locks my sprint so I don't have to hold it down.  It helps when I just need a tap and jump so I can wall run.  Always thought it was the same for keyboard mode.  I feel bad now that I can just tap and go, makes it fun to tap it run and jump and shoot all matrix style with a Boltor.

Agree. The sprint key is too sticky, allot of the time it doesn't work, and you have to mash it to make it start again, like pumping the break pedal on a really dodgy car. This is made even more annoying when you end up dodge rolling whilst trying to get the damn character to start sprinting again.