Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense? Teamwork Or Who Gets The Most Kills.

Zero.No.Hikari

I've noticed whenever I go to a Venus Defense Mission for Alloy I get into groups that seem to run with their heads cut off, sometimes I get into a well organized group and we can make it to wave 25.  Most of the time I quit at wave 10 whenever I see them all in one spot and that lone ranger trying to take most of the waves.  While on Xini I love it since everyone knows what they'll do and coordinate it, having my Ember 3rd mixed with a sound quake and a Avalanche is just pure goodness.  Is it just in the beginning missions where there's little to no teamwork.  I mean I once went to wave 25 on Xini with just my Ember and a Trinity no one else, this game really shines when you have teamwork.

Well, Venus is a pretty early planet, maybe the players just aren't used to the whole combining abilities and teamwork aspect yet. That or they just don't care; after all, they're still easier missions, and I don't really see many people play past wave 10 or 15 or lower level defense missions anyway (but thats just me).

Anyway score board is buged ATM there is no point to try show off :D, i can stay in one place doing 1-2 shoots per minute and be the top damager on score board in other hand i can do 100% headshot with super fast fire rate and be the lowest damager on score board with 0 headshot's.

Yeah, in the case of Venus, for the first 15 waves or so, it usually doesn't require much in the way of teamwork; most people don't try to push beyond that since the reward just isn't there. You're just as likely to get the same reward at wave 5 as you are on wave 25.

Lower level people also tend not to know how or have the ability to combine abilities to work well together in defense. Even with polarization working for them, you can't put much in the way of mods on a lower level frame (which is what Venus is for, in theory anyway) without making some pretty major sacrifices in potential shields or health mods, if they could mount them at all without a potato.

I primarily play a Frost nowadays and I'll usually be the first to babysit the pod and pop a globe around it if I even think I saw a corpus crewman looking at it funny and all that good stuff, but up to wave 15, it's relatively risk free for higher level frames enough that I can unwind and screw around a bit.

Agreed with the original post, however a lot of higher experienced players 'farm' low level areas for drops, my self at times as well.

When we go there, we are not at risk, we one shot everything and cannot die, and play more rambo-esqe style which really sets a bad example for people look at others to learn from when coming to understand the game. I know that is how I learned, than I had to unlearn some bad teachings as I progressed.

We need to keep in mind, what we do does influence others when in the same game.

That being said, they probably:

A) Not sure what they are suppose to do, Venus is the first planet with defense missions.

B) Are imitating other players 'bad' team play

C) Don't care and are trying to 'scoreboard'

I try to lead by example. Missing a few affinity isn't really going to hurt me, nor is a few resources or mods. Some people will get it, some won't, but trying is what matters.

Here's something you can do, in an attempt to "train" such players out of this bad behaviour:

If you find yourself guarding the cryo pod alone, while your team rushes out to meet the enemy...let the enemy reach the cryo pod. Let it take damage.

If your teammates take the hint, and quickly sprint back to the pod, carry on. If they don't...well, let it buuurn.

Quite frankly, this kind of behaviour pisses me right off. It's not only a tactical flaw due to the assumption that somebody else will guard the cryo pod while they farm kills...it also screws up the whole team's resource accumulation during long def runs.

After all, if all the ammo/energy orbs are scattered across the map instead of gathered in bottlenecks near the pod, you won't be able to resupply quickly when things get more difficult later on.

As for higher level players farming low level def missions (I do this myself) - as a higher level player, it's your duty not only to set a good example... but also to keep an eye on the "noobs", and be ready to rescue them if they get swamped. It's just good gaming etiquette.

Even on Eris or Pluto I run into groups who are there to level their weapons/frames. There's either no single target damage or then no high-level abilities. Means the waves are bigger and 1 person still does all the work. Don't let your eyes off the pod, since the others will, and even if they don't they can't do anything about it.

Guess it's just unfortunate grouping.

I take most people run into this problem, I guess the best way to fix it would be to help the Players learn good teamwork or just play with friends, for me I like to join groups and meet people since it helps when they'll need help later on. I tend to try and lead by example.  Kinda bad when you see a LOKI using his Lato to do what I'm doing with Lex.

Teamwork is always fun to see and be a part of. Sadly not everyone understands or feels that way.

As my Nyx on Xini, I tend to stick with the team near the crypod until around wave 10, then head out to one of the busier mob entrances and Chaos them while the others protect the pod and fight off the other entrances. Me Chaosing that bigger entrance continuously (Have to time yourself now, which I like) keeps the bulk of the wave at bay so our pod isn't dismantled quickly.

As my Ember/Frost/Saryn, I simply stay near the pod or venture into chokepoints to use their AoEs against enemies that come near.

Warframe. Does it matter?

Content is too easy to matter. Teamplay tools (such as the ability to heal/buff one another) are too lacking to matter. Lack of voice comms make real coordination unlikely as well.

Warframe is teamplay in about the same sense that Quakelive arena matches are team. You shoot the enemy and not your friends, and you generally count on your teammates to do the same. That is about the best you can hope for, and about the best the tools support.

If you want more teamplay - that is up to the game developers, not the players. Players will create challenges with what they are given, and playing fast and efficient is one of those ways. Players who are 'rushing' as you say are looking at you thinking you are 'dragging'.

Until dungeons have similar complexity as instances in World of Warcraft, the need for teamplay/interdependence really won't exist in Warframe.

Edited by Emotitron

hahaha I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

"Players will create challenges with what they are given, and playing fast and efficient is one of those ways."

Oh, man, I lol'd. I really did.

That's great.

"fast and efficient"

Yeah...

...no.

As you see the are to many PPL around who are really stupid, we where a 3 man grp and one the random was playing a lone wolf in the field not near the pod we decided to stand always next to him and wait to get the Exp, cause of the range u will not share it.

And we wiped in wave 3 on xini.

There's no incentive to go past Wave 15 therefore no incentive to work together, that is Warframe's current state. Missions generally require little to no Team work at all. If defense missions actually gave decent prizes at higher waves players would go for it.

Right now starting a defense breaking all the crates for the resources and getting out at 5 seems the most efficent. Waves dont improve the reward so you get the same chances for a key and the loot crates reset if you stop at 5.

I've noticed whenever I go to a Venus Defense Mission for Alloy I get into groups that seem to run with their heads cut off, sometimes I get into a well organized group and we can make it to wave 25.  Most of the time I quit at wave 10 whenever I see them all in one spot and that lone ranger trying to take most of the waves.  While on Xini I love it since everyone knows what they'll do and coordinate it, having my Ember 3rd mixed with a sound quake and a Avalanche is just pure goodness.  Is it just in the beginning missions where there's little to no teamwork.  I mean I once went to wave 25 on Xini with just my Ember and a Trinity no one else, this game really shines when you have teamwork.

This game is 'intended' to be directed at teamwork reasoning and co operation.

A lot of the time thanks to selfish human beings who become more selfish, arrogant players behind the safety of a computer screen, end up making the game totally the opposite of what is supposed to happen between each individual.

I can almost guarantee 80-90% of the time there will be players who will dash out from the defense initial start point and desperately smash all the loot boxes before anyone else can.

This or these same people will hawk the spawn points and have stupid fast warframes to make sure they can get more kills than everyone else EXPECTING someone else to stand and guard the pod.

I can almost guarantee these are the same players who Alt-F4 if the mission fails and you will never ever see them in the lobby after the game has ended.

Unless they have 'won' with the highest kills, then it's time for another round!

GG!

So try and organize the group at the start of the mission.

Usually if someone sounds like they know what they're doing, or sounds in charge, then people will listen.

or you can stop running PUGs and get into a clan and run with people you know.