Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp Clan Rankings

Gahrzerkire

I would like to see clans get ranked based off of there PvP player statistics. Or players have th ability to create squads (4 player teams), name them, and get ranked. That would be very cool in my opinion.

On tha​t note if you are part of a PvP clan what is the name? I would like to get to know all the other clans.

I'm the founder of Gearhart, a PvP clan. Roughly 3 years old.​

While rankings, which can be fun, are not bad in and of themselves, they tend to bring out some of the worst crowds.

Expect to see a flood of players farming kills off of new players or alts while utilizing the most cheese-filled tactics all to have their name high on the boards.

That's a bit pessimistic (well, I'd say realistic), I know, but we've already seen stuff like this in the PvE rankings.

While rankings, which can be fun, are not bad in and of themselves, they tend to bring out some of the worst crowds.

Expect to see a flood of players farming kills off of new players or alts while utilizing the most cheese-filled tactics all to have their name high on the boards.

That's a bit pessimistic (well, I'd say realistic), I know, but we've already seen stuff like this in the PvE rankings.

Yo​u could build a ranking and KD system that took into account your experience and the other players experience, and then calculate a score, so that farming noobs basically doesn't reward you at all except on a match to match basis, (as it does now). And then the score for your can is tabulated. This would essentially make it so that if you kill players of your skill level and higher your score increases substantially faster. Basically I would remove the KD rating system and change that completely because we all know KD and skill are often two separate entities.

Yo​u could build a ranking and KD system that took into account your experience and the other players experience, and then calculate a score, so that farming noobs basically doesn't reward you at all except on a match to match basis, (as it does now). And then the score for your can is tabulated. This would essentially make it so that if you kill players of your skill level and higher your score increases substantially faster. Basically I would remove the KD rating system and change that completely because we all know KD and skill are often two separate entities.

That would work, but it would be a bit complicated for the PvP team to set up and get running. Plus, it would have to have some starting point to register and track "skill" levels. Maybe K/D or total kills could work as a foundation to base that off of, meaning that data wouldn't entirely be wasted.

I do see that as a potential solution, but it would definitely be a ways out.

PvP in any game is competitive by nature, so there will be a Tournament game mode with specific rewards. Statistics will be expanded and recorded in your Player Profile along with Leaderboards. I have the basic design laid out but it will be awhile before we sit down and start work.

from the "long term" https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/522424-conclave-road-map/

forgot about this