The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Talk Trinity

Kolos1001

Well of life:Used with energy vampire can kill almost anything in the game regardless of level. Exceptions include bosses, juggernauts, manics, nullifiers and things like that

Energy vampire:Supplies entire team(Including herself making her entire kit infinitely sustainable as long as there are enemies) with infinite energy. Single target CC. Armor ignoring damage. With mods can overshield team. 

Link:75% damage reduction(Equal to about 900 armor), CC invulnerability, Reflects damage.

Blessing: up to 99% damage reduction for the entire team. Heals entire team/companions and fully restores shields. 

So we have 

Infinite energy for entire team

Autokill nearly anything in the game regardless of level

immune to CC

Nearly immune to damage

Makes entire team nearly immune to damage

Now. If we are going to talk about nerfing something that breaks the game...Let's start with trinity. 

Some of you are getting a bit too emotional over this, op is free to voice his opinion on the balance of gear/frames in the game. There are plenty of Valkyr nerf threads on the forums and I dont personally like them nor do I personally feel the need to aggressively react to them.

Lets all chill out

Edited by theclinton
Added message

she also has to juggle her energy wait for her buffs to end to self damage herself to create those buffs again and remain constantly using her abilities creating a very low damage output as she rarely gets a chance to fire her weapons. she is the only support we have the only acceptable nerf is to cap blessing at 95% like other damage reduction abilities.

Now. If we are going to talk about nerfing something that breaks the game...Let's start with trinity. 

No, let Trinity alone, she has no abilities to do damage, yes, you have "infinite energy" but you can't kill with your abilities. 

And that 1-2 combo, yeah sure, good luck killing with that thing after 40 minutes without dying. 

Why nerf one of the very few Support Frames that barely anyone uses that actually does well in a Support role?

Let me ask this. What reason is there to nerf anything ever? If you can come up with one Trinity falls into it. 

No, let Trinity alone, she has no abilities to do damage, yes, you have "infinite energy" but you can't kill with your abilities. 

And that 1-2 combo, yeah sure, good luck killing with that thing after 40 minutes without dying. 

Well of life is CC making the target unable to take any action. Energy vampire will kill a lvl 100 heavy with absolutely no mods. 

Edited by Kolos1001

That duration build that gives you massive DR? Good luck killing enemies with the 1+2 combo, it's take 30+ seconds to kill a single enemy.

That negative duration build that insta-kills lvl100 enemies? Good luck staying alive out in the open with a stagnant animation cast.

Can't have both at the same time, I call it balance.

Well of life is CC making the target unable to take any action. Energy vampire will kill a lvl 100 heavy with absolutely no mods. 

As I said you can kill a level 100 enemy BUT you need NO duration. 

NO duration = no Link and no 99% blessing. 

So with trinity you need to chose:

1- no duration so you can insta-kill an enemy.

But you will be one-shoted at minute 30+

Or 2: Max duration so you can tank with link and blessing but good luck insta-killing with WoL and EV.

She is good now. 

That duration build that gives you massive DR? Good luck killing enemies with the 1+2 combo, it's take 30+ seconds to kill a single enemy.

That negative duration build that insta-kills lvl100 enemies? Good luck staying alive out in the open with a stagnant animation cast.

Can't have both at the same time, I call it balance.

Duration? You just use a power/flow build. You're going to be using EV to kill things which will keep your energy full at all times making it possible to cast link and blessing whenever. 

I'm confused. Which one of her abilities even have this "autokill" feature?

Casting WoL then EV. EV scales off enemy health, so you increase their health with WoL so EV does massive damage. If WoL ends before EV does, EV continues to do its massive damage, usually resulting in an instakill.

I'm confused. Which one of her abilities even have this "autokill" feature?

Well of life and energy vampire. Depending on her build you can do it instantly via EV build. With 0 mods you wait until well of life is at 1-2 seconds and cast ev. When well of life wears off the ev will deal armor ignoring damage based on how much health it had while well of life was active. This will kill lvl 100 heavies/bailifs with 0 mods. 

Duration? You just use a power/flow build. You're going to be using EV to kill things which will keep your energy full at all times making it possible to cast link and blessing whenever.

Dude xD You need duration to keep your damage reduction from Blessing an Link for longer than a few seconds. You need negative duration to effectively kill enemies (otherwise might as well use weapons, way faster).

Lets talk mag:

TL;DR:

Infinite CC with crush

Infinite Shields, especially with shield polarize.

Completely nullifies enemy shields regardless of level

Literal aimbot bubble

If there's a frame that's OP, it's mag.

Edited by Towermice

As I said you can kill a level 100 enemy BUT you need NO duration. 

NO duration = no Link and no 99% blessing. 

So with trinity you need to chose:

1- no duration so you can insta-kill an enemy.

But you will be one-shoted at minute 30+

Or 2: Max duration so you can tank with link and blessing but good luck insta-killing with WoL and EV.

She is good now. 

Hallelujah a smart person & explanations which make sense. ^-^

You know what? He's right. Trinity, specifically EV, is one of the two reasons ability spam is the way it is. And let's face it, 99% TEAM damage reduction is just ridiculous. But this is just a bad thread. Made specifically to whine. No solutions were offered, no explanation given. Just a retaliatory thread because people are arguing that Hysteria is broken and he can't give a proper reason why not.

You know what? He's right. Trinity, specifically EV, is one of the two reasons ability spam is the way it is. And let's face it, 99% TEAM damage reduction is just ridiculous. But this is just a bad thread. Made specifically to whine. No solutions were offered, no explanation given. Just a retaliatory thread because people are arguing that Hysteria is broken and he can't give a proper reason why not.

There was plenty of explanations and solutions are something to be discussed. If you have one please share. 

Here's a few.

Remove EVs damage. Make the amount of energy returned a flat amount not affected by mods. 

Remove the conditional part of blessing and making it a flat amount of damage reduction. Like heal team+80% damage reduction

Edited by Kolos1001

You seem to be looking at what she can possibly do, but not realizing that she can't reliably do all these at once.

To pull off this combo you would need negative duration or it will take too long to be reliable, not to mention that it is still single target. However if you use negative duration, then link and blessing's buff are essentially useless as they only last a few seconds.

Honestly I would say she is pretty well balanced.

I admire you. You're far more courageous than I. You stand up and say that infinite god mode and infinite energy for your entire team isn't cool, regardless of the absolutely endless torrent of brain-dead BS you'll have to go through. You signed up for a one-way trip to hell in a handbasket; the least I can do is provide my support.

As I see it, Trinity has 2 main problems: she gives infinite energy to her entire team, and infinite god mode to her entire team. The former completely defeats the purpose of even having an energy system, and the second completely defeats the purpose of even playing the game. Why do you even play a shooty game then nothing could possibly threaten you or create the possibility of failure? As I've said about Hysteria, you might as well just change the ability so that when you press 4, you automatically get a mission complete screen.

I don't think the Well of Life + EV combo is too much of a problem, as it's single target and doesn't work on bosses, as you've said. Might want to make it so Trinity doesn't defeat the very purpose of playing the game before you worry about anything else.

My suggestions:

-EV 's energy cost is now based on how much it replenishes, always costing X% more energy to cast than the total amount of energy it restores. The value of X can be decreased with efficiency mods, but it's never self-sustaining.

-EITHER Blessing's damage resistance capped at 95% like all other frames OR Blessing will no longer base it's damage resistance off of players who are at 2 health with Quick Thinking. No more infinite god mode CheeseFrame.

You might have signed up for a one-way trip to hell in a handbasket, OP, but at least you won't have to face the devil alone.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

You seem to be looking at what she can possibly do, but not realizing that she can't reliably do all these at once.

To pull off this combo you would need negative duration or it will take too long to be reliable, not to mention that it is still single target. However if you use negative duration, then link and blessing's buff are essentially useless as they only last a few seconds.

Honestly I would say she is pretty well balanced.

It might be slower but it's still "reliable" You can always do it regardless of mods(Maybe not with overextend). A blessing build will give you all of those things. 

Also.

Let's say you put 2 trinitys in a team. Now everything in the entire game is effortless. 

Edited by Kolos1001