The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Major Fps Drop After Computer Sleep!

MediaNinja

After putting my computer to sleep (Both signed out of WF and not) I am experiencing EXTREME drops in FPS in the game. Even while I'm inputting my password to log in the mouse moves crazy slow. The only way I can seem to fix this issue is to restart my computer which is getting very irritating. 

Is this in hibernation, or sleep? The terms unfortunately are not interchangeable.

Because of the way Windows recovers from hibernation, your computer will be noticeably slower while it's loading files back into memory after you resume. As for resuming from sleep, the process should be considerably faster.

Without knowing anything more about your situation, I can only speculate at this point; what sort of system are you using and what version of windows is this? 

My PC goes to sleep after an hour to save energy, but I have no issues with fps after waking it up. Now coming back from hibernate, that is a different issue and I do have slow gameplay, but it is not solely directed at warframe. I believe it is as stated above, your PC is processing in the background and that is slowing you down. Give it about 5 to 10 minutes after waking up to process background stuff before gaming.

My PC goes to sleep after an hour to save energy, but I have no issues with fps after waking it up. Now coming back from hibernate, that is a different issue and I do have slow gameplay, but it is not solely directed at warframe. I believe it is as stated above, your PC is processing in the background and that is slowing you down. Give it about 5 to 10 minutes after waking up to process background stuff before gaming.

Even if I didnt play the game first. If I turn the computer on, do some work then put the computer to sleep, (Not Hibernate) Ill go to play the game and everything including the login screen is like a stopmotion video and down to like 3-6 fps. IDK what the hell is the issue but its really pissing me off

Unfortunately it sounds like this issue is happening independent of Warframe, so it would be beyond my abilities to fix from here. My first guess would be a driver issue, in that one of your drivers is failing to properly recover from Sleep. 

Your Windows installation comes bundled with a driver utility you can use; it's called verifier. Running this for an extended period of time may help track down a faulty driver, if that's responsible for your issue.