Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Clan Weapons] If This Is True, Then There's A Storm A-Brewin On The Horizon...

Raklak

Quite a bit, but not particularly cash grabby.

Many of us who are agitated by this, are not agitated by fears of it necessarily being "cash grabby", although the forma requirements do leave that taste in our mouths. The issue lies in the means not justifying the end. That is a LOT of farming for materials for ONE weapon, that we won't even be guaranteed to like. When a single weapon requires possibly 10 fold the farming to craft, that a Warframe would, we have a problem.

Quite a bit, but not particularly cash grabby.

The problem is that it's hard to get, two bosses drop it sure, but that's still 20 you have to toss away on a weapon that might not even be good.

For the same amount you could build gram, scindo, brokk, fragor, machete, ceramic dagger and still have enough to build 4 catalysts.

Well I just got through watching the livestream and it looks like they realize how overpriced Dojo stuff is and are looking at a rebalance.

This thread, is the one I believe they mentioned in the livestream. Goes to show, it just might pay off, to speak up.

THE GREATEST WEAPON IN GAME IS COMING

w1kx0LE.jpg?1

Also these costs are fine to me, I've got enough resources to build half of them, and will have enough for all of them before the second set of research is done.

I'm just sitting here shaking my head at the Lanka. Such an expensive weapon designed to kill... Corpus? Which does no damage to ancients?

Who the hell has such a problem with killing bloody Corpus that they have to invest days worth of crafting and farming to get that worthless piece of crap?

The main problems I have with this are twofold.
1. The weapons don't appear to have the stats (DPS to put it simply) to justify the RIDICULOUS cumulative build times and cost of a Forma. Hell, they don't even have polarities from what I've been told, which exacerbates the fact that they cost a Forma, something used to give polarities. If they cost a forma we should be allowed to choose a starting polarity. Just saying.
2. Even if they did, players who don't have them will be constantly crying to DE to nerf them because if they can't have nice things, neither can anyone else.

I got the Prova today. It's a sword reskin with electric damage, Jaw sword apparently from the stats. I realize that my clan blew through the research quickly and that they could have just had the current Prova as a placeholder, intending to update it with the real Prova in a week or two. I sincerely hope this is the case. But as it stands, this weapon that is essentially worth REAL MONEY (more if you rush it) is doesn't have the spark of originality it desperately needs, and I am out one Forma I could have used to add a V slot to my Braton Vandal.

Edit:

I love weapons that are clearly endgame, obliteration of all life-tier. I love the Ratchet and Clank games partly because once you get the Rh1no or Harbinger or whatever you can just run about flinging waves of death at hapless enemies. I understand that DE has to try to keep some semblance of balance in mind, but the ratio of difficulty to obtain -to- usefulness appears to be all out of whack. This does however bring up another issue. If the resource requirement is brought down, all well and good. If the weapons are buffed to reflect the pain in the arse they are to get, we need more difficult content to use them in. And please, no more clueless AI bulletsponges.

By the way a weapon that attaches emitters to the ceiling (or causes them to float a certain distance midair) and then has the emitters rain down destruction would be awesome pls make DE.

Edited by Dousiq

THE GREATEST WEAPON IN GAME IS COMING

w1kx0LE.jpg?1

Also these costs are fine to me, I've got enough resources to build half of them, and will have enough for all of them before the second set of research is done.

You have 8k plastids around because it takes 10,500 plastids to make everything. Plastids are the new alloy plates. All hail 16 plastid drops

Edited by Meltina

You have 80k plastids around because it takes 10,500 plastids to make everything. Plastids are the new alloy plates. All hail 16 plastid drops

Something like 4-5kish, yeah. A lot of them went into producing the precursors I currently have and are building.

It isn't a sin that these weapons actually take *gasp* TIME to create. No one's forcing you to make these weapons, there's plenty of good weapons you can get outside of the clan system.

HOWEVER... I really don't appreciate each of these weapons costing Forma to craft. If that was the case then they might as well have put them in the market for platinum as well.

It isn't a sin that these weapons actually take *gasp* TIME to create.

I would agree with this if one of the weapons didn't require TEN FELDRON WHATEVERS, AT A TOTAL OF 120 HOURS OF TWIDDLING ONE'S THUMBS OR GOD FORBID RUSHING. I'd rather grind in-game like normal, this just becomes more like EVE online every day.

It isn't a sin that these weapons actually take *gasp* TIME to create. No one's forcing you to make these weapons, there's plenty of good weapons you can get outside of the clan system.

HOWEVER... I really don't appreciate each of these weapons costing Forma to craft. If that was the case then they might as well have put them in the market for platinum as well.

Indirectly, they semi did it with Forma. I still prefer if they gave us polarities equivalent to the Forma used.

I would agree with this if one of the weapons didn't require TEN FELDRON WHATEVERS, AT A TOTAL OF 120 HOURS OF TWIDDLING ONE'S THUMBS OR GOD FORBID RUSHING. I'd rather grind in-game like normal, this just becomes more like EVE online every day.

Within the 3 days to research a new weapon after the pre-req item is completed, you ought to already have about 5 of those. This means that you should have another 5 while the next is being completed. Not a BAD thing but you need to learn to maximize your time by doing some things while waiting for others to complete.

Within the 3 days to research a new weapon after the pre-req item is completed, you ought to already have about 5 of those. This means that you should have another 5 while the next is being completed. Not a BAD thing but you need to learn to maximize your time by doing some things while waiting for others to complete.

Some of us have jobs. I don't mind grinding for things, but this is ridiculous. I don't have time to grind 100 feldron samples or whatever they're called.

Edited by Dousiq

Some of us have jobs. I don't mind grinding for things, but this is ridiculous. I don't have time to grind 100 feldron samples or whatever they're called.

I know that. I'm just averaging the time taken to craft and time taken to farm control modules. It's obviously not a set thing since people have life. That said, having 10 of those ought to mean that they should be strong. If they aren't strong, I will do a feedback obviously.

A) It's 120 hours of crafting (which happens when your computer isn't even on). It's closer to (off the top of my head) 10 hours of actual grinding to get the supplies together. Which is still a pretty long time but...

B) No one has a gun to your head threatening to shoot you if you don't create these guns. I might take the time down the road to craft a Supra, BUT I ALREADY HAVE A GORGON THAT WORKS JUST FINE. It's my CHOICE to take the time to make these guns even though there's already guns that take a tenth of the time to make and have nearly equal performance.

And like I said, I still think the Forma is a no no. I really like the idea that others sugested of letting you pick a polarity upon creation, but as it is, they're requiring money where it isn't worth it. I agree in the sense that it should require money OR grinding, not money AND grinding.

Edited by ShAd0wF1AmE

... having 10 of those ought to mean that they should be strong. If they aren't strong, I will do a feedback obviously.

I'm looking at the wiki page now. 35 damage at a rate of 12.5 is only a slight upgrade to the gorgon which is far easier to obtain. And unlike the Gorgon, it's not hitscan and cannot crit. Now I'm not saying crits are important or anything but a pittance of a damage increase (11 base damage over Gorgon) is not good enough for a weapon that is so incredibly time-intensive. If you want this weapon be my guest - I'll be chilling with the flux rifle which actually kinda looks good and is roughly half as hair-pullingly frustrating to obtain.

Yes to most of this, but keep in mind that you can now also polarize Warframes and weapons for leveling mastery further with them. Then again, even more Forma needed. Where is all that Forma supposed to come from I wonder...

I don't think that leveling polarized gear grants mastery.

I'm looking at the wiki page now. 35 damage at a rate of 12.5 is only a slight upgrade to the gorgon which is far easier to obtain. And unlike the Gorgon, it's not hitscan and cannot crit. Now I'm not saying crits are important or anything but a pittance of a damage increase (11 base damage over Gorgon) is not good enough for a weapon that is so incredibly time-intensive. If you want this weapon be my guest - I'll be chilling with the flux rifle which actually kinda looks good and is roughly half as hair-pullingly frustrating to obtain.

You forgot that Gorgon has a wind-up time and a max fire rate. Other than that, I would like to say that since it isn't confirmed by anybody (9 and a half bloody days to make at the fastest time) so I don't believe that the stats are set in stone UNLESS the guys doing the wikia are practically dismantling the game's codes to read those lines.

Edited by matrixEXO

The real question I think here is whether or not they'll be worth it.  Since the devs don't seem to want to implement "try before you buy," people wishing to try these weapons are really rather stuck.  I'd LOVE to try out the Dera, Supra, and Flux-Rifle, but I have no idea whatsoever as to which I'd like the most.  The Dera and FR for instance had better be laser damage or something because otherwise, they'll simply be UP when you compare them to other options.  I'm fine with farm sponges like these weapons and quite frankly, we don't know the drop rate of Forma yet on average.  Perhaps in all that grinding time, getting a forma or two from login is actually quite reasonable.

The problem is, if you make their power reflect the time investment, they will, as has been pointed out, be cried over by those in smaller clans because they feel uncompetitive without them.  The thing is though that I'm personally really starting to see after the livestream is that all the stuff with the dojo is supposed to be super-long term.  It's not stuff you should be getting immediately.  They're trying to give people content that takes longer to consume because in the current state of things, a week after a patch, people would just start complaining that they've consumed the new content and that the game is insufficient to keep them interested.  The Dojo and all this were intended as something to work on long term, but because of being such a jarring shift, I feel that a lot of players in smaller clans took that as "we don't want your kind around."  Obviously things need adjustment, but to be perfectly frank, I'm fine here with the idea of these things costing stupendous amounts of time, so long as they're worth it in the end.

EDIT: 

You forgot that Gorgon has a wind-up time and a max fire rate. Other than that, I would like to say that since it isn't confirmed by anybody (9 and a half bloody days to make at the fastest time) so I don't believe that the stats are set in stone UNLESS the guys doing the wikia are practically dismantling the game's codes to read those lines.

It sounds like that's exactly what they're doing.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

The researched weapon also has a wind-up time, supposedly faster, but that doesn't matter.

"Only" 11 damage extra? That's a 45% increase to your average dps! All mods scale with base stats, so with the same mods, it'll do 45% more theoretical dps than the gorgon. How is that minor?