Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas

KotoKuraken

Pure "only do damage" abilities are boring. They are also bad- this is WHY damage abilities suck, don't scale, and are just un-appreciated in general. They don't do anything a gun can't- and more effectively. They just look cooler. Abilities should be ABILITIES, not just damage. In Atlas' case his punches have insanely huge AoE and CC. Better than any gun. Abilities shouldn't NEED to outdamage guns. They're not meant to be used on every enemy like guns are, they're meant to compliment shooting, not replace it.

Most abilities do utility and damage so don't see where this "pure damage" thing is coming from.

What's not killed is ragdolled. Tenno would also fee weak if there guns did all the killing much like how they do after so many waves/rounds/minutes in an endless mission especially if the ability is as cool as punching people. And who said abilities NEEDED to outdamage guns?

And technically, guns after so long in an endless mission do outdamage abilities many waves in them endless missions, anyway. This is where UTILITY settles in. Though, utility can be used early on for some interesting gameplay. Though what's really boring is the constant need to every warframe to buff damage. Mesa has two skills that make her normal shots do more damage rather than something fun and interesting. Merely another generic damage boost. And them dmg boosts aren't even that great to begin with.

At least with damage skills that don't nuke everything, you can have have a little bit of fun especially if there is utility involved.Though if no skill had utility, late waves/minutes are gonna be really tough especially trials. Doing damage and providing fun in ways to kill like flying across the map punching people(though you have to bulletjump a lot to do that) and providing fun ways to help other by making enemies fly across the map as if you've got the pimp hand slapping people all over the place.

Most abilities do utility and damage so don't see where this "pure damage" thing is coming from.

What's not killed is ragdolled. Tenno would also fee weak if there guns did all the killing much like how they do after so many waves/rounds/minutes in an endless mission especially if the ability is as cool as punching people. And who said abilities NEEDED to outdamage guns?

And technically, guns after so long in an endless mission do outdamage abilities many waves in them endless missions, anyway. This is where UTILITY settles in. Though, utility can be used early on for some interesting gameplay. Though what's really boring is the constant need to every warframe to buff damage. Mesa has two skills that make her normal shots do more damage rather than something fun and interesting. Merely another generic damage boost. And them dmg boosts aren't even that great to begin with.

At least with damage skills that don't nuke everything, you can have have a little bit of fun especially if there is utility involved.Though if no skill had utility, late waves/minutes are gonna be really tough especially trials. Doing damage and providing fun in ways to kill like flying across the map punching people(though you have to bulletjump a lot to do that) and providing fun ways to help other by making enemies fly across the map as if you've got the pimp hand slapping people all over the place.

Many abilities- like bladestorm- do nothing but damage. That's where.

Yes. Atlas' Landslide isn't pure damage, so it's ok. I said this already. Thanks for restating it. Also- who said abilities need to outdamage guns? The guy I was replying to- guess you didn't read that part.

I'm gonna just lump the last two paragraphs together. Yes. I know all this- I already said all this. Thanks again for restating it. Did you even read my post? Did you maybe reply to the wrong person on accident?

Many abilities- like bladestorm- do nothing but damage. That's where. - This ain't about  abilities like Bladestorm anyway, but you could come up with some ideas to add utility to pure damage skills.

Also- who said abilities need to outdamage guns? The guy I was replying to- guess you didn't read that part.

Sounds like you didn't read anything I said. In fact, looks like you were talking to someone else.

Yup, more baseless assumptions :)

Edited by Sorise