Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archwing] Hamuli - Defensive/support Archwing

Morec0

Something of a redux of a much-older idea, improved but for the most part the same.

Hamuli is a highly defensive/utility Archwing, designed to provide the user with increased survivability while either disabling enemies or defensively buffing nearby allies.

The basic idea is for this to be the first TRUE defensive and support Archwing, which is now DEFINITELY needed with Defense and Mobile Defense added to Archwing, and so it's abilities design is kinda generic while also trying to make it unique even among the Warframe systems.

Poor Visualization

XBZAe6m.jpg

Ability 1 - Lockdown - The Hamuli Archwing shuts down all non-life support systems on all enemies in a radius around a targeted enemy (as well as the targeted enemy), taking it out of the fight for a few brief moments, preventing it from attacking or moving, until its systems can reactivate.

Ability 2 - Defensive Matrix - The Hamuli Archwing activates a defensive matrix around it, decreasing the damage it takes and also decreasing the damage taken by all allies and objectives while they are within a certain distance of the Hamuli Archwing.

Ability 3 - Support Beacon - The Hamuli Archwing deposits an energy beacon at their current location that will restore Shields and Energy to all allies within its AoE at a moderate pace, regardless of whether they are taking damage or not. The closer to the Beacon they are the more Shields and Energy will be restored.

Ability 4 - Engine Sap - After channeling for a few seconds, the Hamuli Archwing drains power from all nearby Archwing enemies, decreasing their Armor and Damage, in an area around it and transfers that power to all allies - regardless of distance - increasing their Armor and Damage based on the number of enemies around. The effect on enemies is permanent but does not stack, the effect on allies is temporary but can stack - each new stack refreshing total duration.

Thoughts?
Edited by Morec0

Aye, originally there was an ability that basically WAS Link for Archwing's, but I removed it in favor of the more Team-oriented Support Beacon.

Lol, nice. Just some visual feedback, it would be nice if beacon's range was represented by a sphere of energy or something, just so you always know when you're in range. Archwing can be a little unclear when it comes to that sort of thing.

Lol, nice. Just some visual feedback, it would be nice if beacon's range was represented by a sphere of energy or something, just so you always know when you're in range. Archwing can be a little unclear when it comes to that sort of thing.

I'm sure that could exist, as well as a minimap icon, maybe even a on-screen icon like Survival Life Support has.

I'm really hoping for something along these lines with 18. The last actually new archwing was the itzal forever ago so it's about time for a new one

The issue is that DE's backed themselves into something of a corner with Archwing drops. They're ALL from a handful of missions that are already full to the brim, weapons and Archwing's alike, and it's insanely difficult to farm anything, let alone the namesake of the game.

I just think we need to get dedicated archwing bosses in sooner rather than later and have THEM drop the Archwing components.

If I may make a suggestion, there should be an ability which restores Health. It is the hardest thing to restore in Archwing as it does not come back by itself without the Rejuvenation aura, there's no Life Strike or Syndicate effects and no abilities currently heal allies or even yourself. You're left to rely on health orbs which do not heal enough to give you an adequate restore given how hard higher level Archwing enemies can hit, or healing pads which are small given the sheer size of Archwing environments.

Perhaps Support Beacon or Engine Sap can have this feature? If Archwing gets a dedicated support unit, it reeeeeally needs to be able to restore health.

The issue is that DE's backed themselves into something of a corner with Archwing drops. They're ALL from a handful of missions that are already full to the brim, weapons and Archwing's alike, and it's insanely difficult to farm anything, let alone the namesake of the game.

I just think we need to get dedicated archwing bosses in sooner rather than later and have THEM drop the Archwing components.

I completely agree. That or research them in the dojo. Just not more diluted drop tables. I hate them and Xbox hasn't even gotten the new stuff