Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revive Co-Op vs Solo

DirtyIrishman

I kind of feel that the way revival works at the moment sort of, well... sucks. I understand it's meant to boost income for the game by making people buy more revives, however I feel that this mechanic needs to only be used when you solo. When playing alone and you die, you can either revive or forfeit, and in the event you have no revives the missions fails and that's it. This works just fine, and I have no complaints there. Where my issues lie is when playing with friends. You're running through the mission and halfway through you die, you're out of revives, so now you have two options. You can either sit there bored and spectate until your friends complete the mission without you, forcing you to watch while they get rewards and you get nothing, or you abort the mission and go do something else. I should note I play exclusively with friends, so it's not as simple as just leaving and finding another squad of random people.

I think that the revive system should be reworked for multiplayer, maybe having it so you can use a revive to revive instantly, otherwise you "respawn" after your squad is out of combat, or maybe have an item you can buy (for credits, otherwise it defeats the purpose) like a defibulator that a squad mate can use on you to revive you.

the game is made to be played co-op and if you take aoe damage he dies faster and if they throw a grenade on you, you die saying its 100% to revive someone then you pretty much havnt played defence missions at higher level.

However on the reivive when in combat i kinda agree with you if they "die" and you dont help them up they should not be able to rivive during combat.

However you answered your own question aswell they gotta earn money somewhere aswell(yes they do it other ways aswell but this is just a small thing and it dont effects anyone really since its not a competetive game its a co-op game like diablo and such.

they got bigger things to look at than this trust me on this :)

Edited by FuzioNda1337

I see an issue where trying to revive someone is extremely frustrating. For example, in a Shockwave MOA moshpit, you can forget revival. If you go down there, you don't have the time to clean out the MOAs and you don't have the time to revive because of stunlock. :(

The only reason I've seen missions fail so far is problems with the game itself, ie: bugged doors, bugged objectives, huge lag spikes that make the entire party wipe, etc..

I reckon they should make a hard mode.

And then add something like the OP suggests to normal mode.

Leave Hard mode as it is currently.

I'd rather see optional harder content for those who want the challenge and less frustrating mechanics like waiting for the game to end in the standard mode. The game is already very easy, it's more about the enjoyment of the combat and the challenges you set yourself than the difficulty of the game.

At least, imo.

The revive system should be that of PSO2, they do it extremly well.

Allow users to buy revives for use on other players(Moon Atomizer) with a limit of lets say 5.

Aswell as for themselves(Scape Dolls).

I beleive they should add player revives to your Gear and allow 5 at any point in time.

Personal revives should be a rare find and not aquired everyday unless bought.

This im sure will help you monitize a bit better then the current system.

Just my thoughts :)

The idea of a hard mode wouldn't be bad, and making death final in it without the use of a revive. My suggestion though was merely to add something to the game that either lets you respawn out of combat when in a squad, or an item that lets your squad revive you once you've already died. This honestly doesn't effect the difficulty of the game at all, in the first case your squad still needs to clear the tile without you before you can respawn, and in the second case I could see it taking twice as long to revive as it would to help you recover so they still have to clear the area and provide cover for the person doing the revive. It just adds more tactics to missions, and allows playing with friends to be more fun instead of dying and then waiting for the mission to end.