The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Rethink The Construction Costs Of The Research Weapons.

Braken

The costs for building the weapons are over the top, particularly the Fieldron, Mutagen Mass, and Detonite Injector mat requirements.

Each of those take a Control Module (which is VERY rare, since it only drops from 1 boss...), and 10 of the basic research mats (Fieldron Samples, Mutagen Samples, and Detonite Ampules, all of which aren't very common at all...), and take 12 hours each to make (not to mention the added credit, salvage, and plastid costs...). 1 (or even 2) is somewhat reasonable for constructing these weapons, but 5 to 10? That's just crazy. (Also, 20 Gallium for the Lanka? Seriously?)

Also, they all require Forma, which really is used for WAY too many things. It should only be for polarizing weapons, sentinels, and Warframes.

Please, DE; Rethink these requirements.

Basic research mats are pretty common actually, I already have enough for mutagen and detonite research done. The fieldron samples will come from farming for the control modules though.

Honestly what I would do is just increase control module drop rate and add it to the next area boss, and make forma a semi-regular 12 hour alert once or twice a week.

1-5 is a reasonable number for Fieldron/Mutagen/Detonite crafted research items, with 5 only being for the last tier and such.

I'm kind of baffled that these guns take forma to make.

I mean, seriously? That's like a gun that takes a potato to make. Those researched guns had better be amazing, considering how hard it is to make 'em.

I think they should come with extra base polarity slots compared to other weapons if they take forma.

I agree with the OP.

All of the clan base already uses up a lot of forma and on top of that you need it to upgrade your weaponry.

They don't drop nearly often enough to be necessary for so many things, especially crafting, which, until now, never required something that is almost only aquirable with platinum.

Edited by Tyrian3k

I agree with the OP.

All of the clan base already uses up a lot of forma and on top of that you need it to upgrade your weaponry.

They don't drop nearly often enough to be necessary for so many things, especially crafting, which, until now, never required something that is almost only aquirable with platinum.

I've found 6 forma BP's.

It's not that rare.

I've found 6 forma BP's.

It's not that rare.

Unless your in a rather large guild, ALL of the forma is going to building the very research dojo buildings needed to craft the weapons in the first place. Paying forma to build the dojo is one thing, paying it again to craft the weapons you just spent a good amount on is another.

I don't understand the complaint about the fieldrons etc. I have like, 20 of each from just casually playing for a few days. By casual I mean a couple of hours or so.

I do understand and support the changing of forma to something else.

I don't understand why people think they shouldn't ever have to farm to get a weapon. You should have to farm for new weapons if you don't ever want to pay any money. It would be absurd to hope anyone would buy things with platinum if no time spent farming was necessary.

So, as I said, I agree about forma, since this cannot be effectively farmed without a platinum investment. I don't think there should be any reduction in weapon resource needs. I actually kind of think it could do with a slight increase (and they have stated there will be a compensation for small clan resource needs to build a dojo, so I don't feel bad saying this).

The costs for building the weapons are over the top, particularly the Fieldron, Mutagen Mass, and Detonite Injector mat requirements.

Each of those take a Control Module (which is VERY rare, since it only drops from 1 boss...), and 10 of the basic research mats (Fieldron Samples, Mutagen Samples, and Detonite Ampules, all of which aren't very common at all...), and take 12 hours each to make (not to mention the added credit, salvage, and plastid costs...). 1 (or even 2) is somewhat reasonable for constructing these weapons, but 5 to 10? That's just crazy. (Also, 20 Gallium for the Lanka? Seriously?)

Also, they all require Forma, which really is used for WAY too many things. It should only be for polarizing weapons, sentinels, and Warframes.

They have talked about editing the clan system small vs large. I'm sure they might adjust some pricing to the research and dojo costs. However if your clan is farming the stuff for it, than it should not be that bad to come up with 20 gallium for example. In the mean time try farming Eris and Pluto defense. You can get tier 3 void keys and get forma from those. Best of luck

They have talked about editing the clan system small vs large. I'm sure they might adjust some pricing to the research and dojo costs. However if your clan is farming the stuff for it, than it should not be that bad to come up with 20 gallium for example. In the mean time try farming Eris and Pluto defense. You can get tier 3 void keys and get forma from those. Best of luck

20 Gallium is the requirement to build it, not to research it.

I don't understand the complaint about the fieldrons etc. I have like, 20 of each from just casually playing for a few days. By casual I mean a couple of hours or so.

I do understand and support the changing of forma to something else.

I don't understand why people think they shouldn't ever have to farm to get a weapon. You should have to farm for new weapons if you don't ever want to pay any money. It would be absurd to hope anyone would buy things with platinum if no time spent farming was necessary.

So, as I said, I agree about forma, since this cannot be effectively farmed without a platinum investment. I don't think there should be any reduction in weapon resource needs. I actually kind of think it could do with a slight increase (and they have stated there will be a compensation for small clan resource needs to build a dojo, so I don't feel bad saying this).

Not fieldron samples. This. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fieldron

I am fine with the research costs, though I do hope they make it so that they don't alienate smaller clans.

It's just that these construction costs are over the top, especially considering some of the weapons look like they'll be sub-par (Dera and Lanka, in particular...)

Get rid of forma as a construction material for weapons. Get RID of forma as a construction material for weapons.

Get rid of forma, as a construction material. For weapons? Get rid. Of forma as a construction material. For weapons, get rid of forma as a construction material.

Get rid of forma as a construction material for weapons. Get RID of forma as a construction material for weapons.

Get rid of forma, as a construction material. For weapons? Get rid. Of forma as a construction material. For weapons, get rid of forma as a construction material.

I think you forgot to mention to get rid of forma as a construction material for weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

This concerns me as well. I'm in a clan of under 50 and I'm worried that I won't have enough plastids to make my own Supra (true cost 7*250 = 1750), and I'll have even more trouble contributing to the research simultaneously. Given the quantities this resource is disbursed in it's looking like a new alloy plate.

I think they should come with extra base polarity slots compared to other weapons if they take forma.

If DE really wants to keep forma costs in for these new weapons I think this is a great way to give the players something in return.

I'd love it if they tone down the amount of fieldron/detonite/mutagen you need per weapon construction.

I rarely find mutagen at all and control modules are uncommon (which I hope will improve in the future with more bosses that drop it).

Forma should only be used for higher tiers.

OR just do what has been done lately to the joy of us all..

make the drop tables HIGHER for resources [especially damn ferrite]

i personally would like to see CMs with a chance to drop in multiple locations and possibly multiple bosses [ALONG side the chance to drop BPS and stuff as normal]

think about poor Hyena DE?   it DOES have feelings and being killed a million times a day for its CM would get to anyone

Ferrite is very easy to farm, the problem is polymer bundles

if you want to farm ferrite

get a thief's wit into your warframe, gather 3 friends and do M Prime, the 4 of us collected about 20k ferrite in about an hour

I think they are fine now, EXCEPT the FORMA requirement. I mean DE, WHY?

If Forma would be much more available, it would be okay, but you have to be UBER lucky to get the BP from daily reward or from the void, where you have to buy keys to get into in the first place.