Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reload Speed Effect (Or Quickdraw)

JohnVicres

Today I was meddling with my Spira mods after maxing it out when, while deciding to buff or not the reload speed, that there was an unsuspecting incoherence in the numbers of that effect. Since I'm talking about a sidearm, the mod in question is Quickdraw, a maxed one too (+48% Reload Speed), and the Spira happens to have a base 1.0 reload.

Now, according to my knowledge, a 48% increase in the reload speed means a 48% decrease in reload, and that means to the application of the mod that the base reload loses 48% of its "points", making it faster. However, by applying said mod to said sidearm, the RL (reload) went from 1.0 to 0.7. How can that be if 1.0 - (1.0 x 0.48) = 0.62? Three possibilities arise: the approximation mechanic says 0.62 is closer to 0.7 than to 0.6, which is very imprecise and unfair to the player, the mod (if not mods) for increasing reload speed is bugged, or the reload mechanic itself is bugged, which I find hard to be the case.

I am investigating the problem further, and will add more cases if they do exist, but either way I hope DE can examine this and either fix it if it's a bug or reconsider the approximation rules for the sake of credibility.

EDIT: mistaken reload mechanic, refer to answers below

EDIT: value mistaken, bloody 0.62 is 0.52, dismiss by 1st edit

Edited by JohnVicres

After quick examination I already found another incoherence: Pyrana and Aksomati both have the same reload value (1.4, but when applied the mod, Pyrana's is set to 1.1, and Aksomati's, to 0.9. The only explanation I have is the reload value of both weapons are reffering to a type or "class" of weapon, as in one is a shotgun, the other a pair of submachine guns. But why is that so? Couldn't it at least be specified that each reload is respective to a different parameter? As a matter of fact, what is the parameter of the reload value?

EDIT: mistaken values, Pyrana's reload is 2.0

Edited by JohnVicres

Actually...

Now, according to my knowledge, a 48% increase in the reload speed means a 48% decrease in reload, and that means to the application of the mod that the base reload loses 48% of its "points"

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reload_Speed

An increase in Reload speed is not directly translated into a decrease of reload time.

The real formula is:

Reload Time = Weapon Reload Time ÷ (1 + Mod Reload Bonus)

So an increase of 48% in reload speed on 1.0 reload time equals to ~0.67 s, which is rounded upwards to 0.7s

[Reload Time = 1.0 ÷ (1 + 0.48) = 0.6756756756756757]

Edited by Athros

The mods increase the speed of the animations or something like that.

From the Wikia:

• The calculation of reload time using reload speed is Base Reload Time/1+ Reload Speed Bonus
  • At max rank, expect a 33% reduction to reload times. 1/(1 + 0.48) ~ (2/3 of original reload speed)

edit: someone beat me to it. Also, Pyrana's base reload time is 2 seconds.

Edited by Vyrnaazus

Actually...

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reload_Speed

An increase in Reload speed is not directly translated into a decrease of reload time.

The real formula is:

Reload Time = Weapon Reload Time ÷ (1 + Mod Reload Bonus)

So an increase of 48% in reload speed on 1.0 reload time equals to ~0.67 s, which is rounded upwards to 0.7s

[Reload Time = 1.0 ÷ (1 + 0.48) = 0.6756756756756757]

Question 1 solved

The mods increase the speed of the animations or something like that.

From the Wikia:

• The calculation of reload time using reload speed is Base Reload Time/1+ Reload Speed Bonus
  • At max rank, expect a 33% reduction to reload times. 1/(1 + 0.48) ~ (2/3 of original reload speed)

edit: someone beat me to it. Also, Pyrana's base reload time is 2 seconds.

Question 2 solved, ty for your time

Question 1 solved

You meant the Pyrana case? Isn't Pyrana had 2.0s reload time, while Aksomati had 1.4s?

[Edit:Re-ninja'd :q]

Also:

How can that be if 1.0 - (1.0 x 0.48) = 0.62?

1.0 - 0.48 = 0.52

: |

Edited by Athros

First thing: 1,0-0,48 = 0,52 not 0,62 Second: Reaload speed is different than realod time. What you increase is the realod speed, which becomes 1,48. So to find the realod time you have to divide the base (1,0) for the speed (1,48). The result, approximated, is 0,7

-edit- someone did it before me XD

Edited by Drufo