The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Jackal Fall Through Floor.

Cavan

3rd day of trying to get the Rhino Systems Blueprints.

Have the chasis made and ready, have the helmet waiting to be made once I finish getting a few easy resources. Just the system is left which I might add seems to be the rarest of the 3 for those that have gotten it. On top of that this damn boss falls through the floor more than half the time. This problem has become so common that whenever I get matched up with people I simply ask, "How many times has he fallen for you?"

I wouldn't mind the grind as much since everyone knows how irritating this is and doesn't even bother to really play the level. Most people just seem to rush through it to just get to the boss as soon as possible to see if he's glitched or not. It's just so frustrating and aggravating to play through the entire level only to see that it's glitched and we wasted our time.

Please hotfix this boss.  I really want Rhino, but it's absolutely impossible to farm for in the broken state Jackal is in right now.  2/3 of the runs I do end up glitched, netting me no loot from the boss.

Well my 3rd day of grinding for the Rhino System Blueprint has proved to be another failure...

More than half the time he's just fallen. I can't help but wonder if one of those times he fell he was holding the blueprint. And this was with teams all day that I let know in advance I was just there for the boss/blueprint. We'd sprint through the level gunning down only those in our way. We always reached the boss about 2 minutes in and took only around 4-5 to kill him.

To give an idea of how many times I've fought him...3 days ago I started my mission to find said blueprints with around 5,000 credits. From the 1400 or 1700 you get from killing him? I now have about 220,000. So yeah....I don't know whether to blame the drop rate for the Blueprint system or the fact he glitches more than half the time and maybe I just missed out on it the few times it was supposed to drop. Either way....damn frustrating...

I'm extremely disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet. Especially when there's an alerty popping up, telling me to kill Jackal, when he's obviously bugged all to hell. At least some kind of "we know and we're working on it, sorry" would be pretty cool.

I've tried all the little fixes people have suggested.

- Don't stand to close. Everyone approach slowly

- Approach him from behind or the sides

- Have someone crouch in front of him. Behind him. Or both, THEN let him activate

- Don't shoot him at all in the chamber or the cut scene

- Skip the cut scene

- Don't skip the cut scene

- Only skip it when he's halfway in the floor already

Etc, etc, etc.

None of these little "solutions" work.

The best reasoning I've heard for this happening and possibly a good chance of it being is how the level spawns. There's a chance it's how HE spawns but think, he's a boss that's already placed in the level. One would think it'd be set to certain coordinates or mapped to that room in a way he's always in the center. Fact remains sometimes he's not centered. Sometimes more to the front, or back. Sometimes we enter the fight facing him, other times we approach him from behind. Regardless what it is....begin day 4 of trying to get the Rhino System Blueprint -_-

workaround for this. do him only on solo or as the host and spam spacebar like mad when you enter his room. he spawns at the start of the cutscene far above the floor and drops down while the cutscene plays. if you skip the cutscene ASAP he will be floating in the air and drop to the floor (and not go through it). works every time in solo, he somtimes still bugs though if your teamates are standing on him/ all up in his face, but not as offten.

the bug seems to be mostly about the cutscene.

Edited by cocodog13

As well, Jackal also for me fell through the floor and dyed, but also when I tryed it a later at same day it didn't fall

through the floor and I got it half way it's health but after that I couldn't get it drop down it shields all though

I get all of its legs healt down.