Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eula Question And Possible Exception Request

Pride

Question

ok so dojos load quicker for player if there is already a decent host inside the dojo. and whoever enters first becomes the host and stays the host until they leave meaning a bad host can clog up the dojos connection.

If i was to say make a dojo host alt that that ran on a virtual machine that just hung out in the navigation room that i would simply relog after each patch. would that count for the eula's requirement that alt accounts cant interact? they would technically be in the same session so i guess thats interacting tho its simply as a bandaid fix while we wait for dojo hosting to come thru for us.

7 answers to this question

If we assume that the restrictions regarding alt accounts are put in place to prevent abuse and other things that lets you work around in-game scoring, I don't think that you'll be breaking the intentions of the EULA.

As far as arguing definitions, I wouldn't think that you're interacting with your alt account, if you have someone else invite it to the clan. In that way you just have two seperate accounts that have never had any contact, apart from being in the same session, and that's hardly interacting.

Pretty sure your alternative account can't even be part of the clan your main account is part of, as for the dojos i think they need their own server like relays but that will never happen

1st: You can have both your alternative account and your usual account in the same clan... doesn't segregate them.

EDIT: but you can't play with both at the same time on the same console, someone else will have to play with it for you, that is basically against the rules.

2nd: The Dojo's will soon be like the Relays indeed, where we don't need a host anylonger. (is confirmed by [DE])

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur

1st: You can have both your alternative account and your usual account in the same clan... doesn't segregate them.

EDIT: but you can't play with both at the same time on the same console, someone else will have to play with it for you, that is basically against the rules.

2nd: The Dojo's will soon be like the Relays indeed, where we don't need a host anylonger. (is confirmed by [DE])

1st virtual machine does allow it by making your computer act as two. alternativly i suppose i could use my laptop.

2nd yah i know but i feel bad knowing that there are time frames when players cant enter the dojo because we have a bad host in there that went afk. it happens and i need a bandaid while i wait for DE to finish cleaning up the dojo's

objectively this is against the eula and bannable but the nature of it is something i feel DE would be inclined to overlook. that said i do know that multiple IP's on the same system in the same household to proc a red flag on their end so i would like a solid "go ahead and substitute server host your own dojo." kinda acknowledgment. before i go ahead and go thru the trouble of preparing the server.

Well you can Directly pm someone [DE] to ask this, then they can give you a confirmation.

But as for what I see is that they'll auto ban you and then try to figure out what happened after you submitted a support ticket if you proceed with this... that will also take the time you maybe could've waited to get the new Dojo style.

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur

1st virtual machine does allow it by making your computer act as two. alternativly i suppose i could use my laptop.

2nd yah i know but i feel bad knowing that there are time frames when players cant enter the dojo because we have a bad host in there that went afk. it happens and i need a bandaid while i wait for DE to finish cleaning up the dojo's

objectively this is against the eula and bannable but the nature of it is something i feel DE would be inclined to overlook. that said i do know that multiple IP's on the same system in the same household to proc a red flag on their end so i would like a solid "go ahead and substitute server host your own dojo." kinda acknowledgment. before i go ahead and go thru the trouble of preparing the server.

1. Yes it is a thread that could possibly be removed....but I highly doubt it. You are asking for clarification. Also you are plainly stating your plan, and your reason for it. Its not like you are trying it already and keeping it a secret.

2. The reason for that particular clause its to keep somebody from exploiting the system....but honestly with the opening plat being non-tradeable, I dont understand why that even matters. It may be because im not the kind of person to exploit something like that....Or i could just be dumb.

3. And Alt account, especially one you do not play (therefore not level or acquire mods/parts/materials), wouldn't be able to interact anyway, More than just standing in the room. I mean, It can't trade at MR0. The most you could do is maybe talk to yourself?

4. DE of course has paid lawyers, which could, if they felt like it, bring down all sorts of hellfire on you for this. But would they? I very highly doubt it. But just to be sure, Instead of posting on the forums, You could simply message one of them and ask directly. They could give you a better answer than anyone on the forums could, including Mods.

And, on a side note, Let me know what they say....Im curious on this myself.

Maybe i've been lucky, but any time a bad enough host is in the dojo, i just spawn into a separate instance anyway. How often does this happen?

I'm more irritated by the constant host migrations when a lot of players are coming in and out of the dojo to trade. This might be a cool fix for that.

I can't imagine DE having a problem with it. To make sure it doesn't trip any automatic alarms, keep the alt account below MR2 and you should be fine.