Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Gaping Problems With This Banshee Build?

(PSN)Onyxflamegod

Question

16 answers to this question

What kind of build are you aiming for? I personally don't run 2 augments in one build. I prefer Resonance over Sonic Fracture. I also feel Overextended is a little too much range for my tastes plus it brings your strength down as well.

This is my Resonace build:

- Arcane Chorus Helm

- Energy Siphon or Corrosive Projection

- Blind Rage (rank 7) - "V"

- Intensify

- Streamline - "-"

- Vitality or Quick Thinking - "D"

- Primed Continuity - "V"

- Primed Flow - "-"

- Stretch

- Resonance

- Exilus for what ever I feel like

Duration: 155%

Efficiency: 100%

Range: 145%

Strength: 202%

Mostly Resonance, but I threw in the Fracture for annoying crap like high level grineer since I prefer running Viral weapons.

I'll test out how I personally feel with Overextended as I'm building the other forma into her, That's the one I was on the fence about anyhow. If I like it more than stretch I'll keep it, if not I'll just use Stretch there.

Edited by (PS4)Onyxflamegod

Too much is drawing from energy, imo.

Your abilities come from your energy pool, and you've got a terrible efficiency. On top of that, your energy is your only health pool, meaning as enemies shoot you, your energy goes down - and then you can't use energy to stop them from shooting you.

I'd drop OE as well, and run with either a much lower BR or TF+Intensify instead. You'll make up the strength easily from dropping OE, and you'll have a much better efficiency.

If you're willing to go full squishy, I'd recommend something like this. Anything above R8 TF will fully strip armor.

You could also swap the TF for Intensify and replace Constitution with Redirection, but Sonic Boom wouldn't fully strip armor anymore. It's still an effective damage boost, but not ideal. Alternatively, only 50% efficiency works (really depends on how much you use #1).

For reference, the build I use for almost everything (I have a few specialized setups as well) is:

5tkGTAd.jpg?1

It's not as squishy as if I dropped Redirection, but 75% efficiency means I can knockdown any enemies that become threats easily (for 6 energy) and I don't really die often.

Edited by Darzk

If you want a very strong solo build that doesn't force you to sneak around, you can try this out:

Brawler Banshee

j8nFb1F.png

Pair it with this Dark Dagger build:

c23uouW.png

It's an aggressive melee focused build (I run it with melee only) that makes you both tanky and extremely lethal with the Savage Silence + Covert Lethality finishers.

I've solo'd T4S for 40 minutes without cheese-camping with something like the Synoid Simulor. At higher levels, you may want to use a Huras kubrow to sneak up on Nullifiers. Keep Dark Dagger's damage type as radiation to turn enemies that don't get instantly killed into meat shields that draw aggro away from you - you'll be proccing radiation a lot.

It's an aggressive melee focused build (I run it with melee only) that makes you both tanky and extremely lethal with the Savage Silence + Covert Lethality finishers.

Why would you ever run both Savage Silence *and* Covert Lethality? CL ensures the counter/stealth finisher will be a kill no matter what, so why amplify that damage further?

Why would you ever run both Savage Silence *and* Covert Lethality? CL ensures the counter/stealth finisher will be a kill no matter what, so why amplify that damage further?

Regular Silence stun doesn't open alerted enemies for finishers.

Regular Silence stun doesn't open alerted enemies for finishers.

Are you *sure*? Because I was using melee Banshee, using Silence to activate counterattacks, before Savage Silence was even released. I haven't used her that way in ages, but I'd be surprised to find they removed something from the base ability to add it to the augment.

Edited by Darzk

Are you *sure*? Because I was using melee Banshee, using Silence to activate counterattacks, before Savage Silence was even released. I haven't used her that way in ages, but I'd be surprised to find they removed something from the base ability to add it to the augment.

Yup, I'm sure, and it wouldn't be the first time DE have done that - Loki's Hushed Invisibility comes to mind.

Can confirm, same thing happened to Excal's RB.

Yup, I'm sure, and it wouldn't be the first time DE have done that - Loki's Hushed Invisibility comes to mind.

Can confirm, same thing happened to Excal's RB.

Even with double confirmation I couldn't quite believe it was true - so I went and tested it, and yeah, can't trigger counters without the SS augment. I'm extremely disappointed; I was wondering why Arcane Trickery hadn't activated on my Banshee setup in ages (I used to use Silence to try to trigger it when I needed invis, etc before reviving someone). But again, haven't played her in ages. :(

Guess I can drop Mobilize and install a Rank 0-1 SS augment, I can't fit the max level one without another forma. Shouldn't need it maxxed, tho, right?

Edited by Darzk

Even with double confirmation I couldn't quite believe it was true - so I went and tested it, and yeah, can't trigger counters without the SS augment. I'm extremely disappointed; I was wondering why Arcane Trickery hadn't activated on my Banshee setup in ages (I used to use Silence to try to trigger it when I needed invis, etc before reviving someone). But again, haven't played her in ages. :(

Guess I can drop Mobilize and install a Rank 0-1 SS augment, I can't fit the max level one without another forma. Shouldn't need it maxxed, tho, right?

An unranked SS will work just fine as you don't really need the finisher damage all that much unless you're fighting a Corrupted Ancient or another enemy that doesn't have a finisher animation.

An unranked SS will work just fine as you don't really need the finisher damage all that much unless you're fighting a Corrupted Ancient or another enemy that doesn't have a finisher animation.

In which case it won't help at all, right? Unless I knock them down, hmm;

I would highly recommend installing Narrow Minded for a melee/SS build, as it keeps the stun range fairly small so you can get to enemies before they recover. I've actually swapped PFlow and QT for movement mods but I could see using them for longer runs. 

Instead of the Dark Dagger, I use Sheev with Blast and Elec status, to stunlock what I can't kill instantly. Plus, the blast proc knocks them down, opening up ground finishers, which I believe *do* benefit from SS's damage boost. So maybe I do want to forma again to be able to keep it up. I also run TrueSteel and Berserker to get the attack speed as fast as possible, for faster finisher animations. Suppose the DDagger would work nearly as well, with lower status % but a more useful 'base damage' proc.

Just another option, if you happen to have the weapon.

Edited by Darzk

In which case it won't help at all, right? Unless I knock them down, hmm;

I would highly recommend installing Narrow Minded for a melee/SS build, as it keeps the stun range fairly small so you can get to enemies before they recover. I've actually swapped PFlow and QT for movement mods but I could see using them for longer runs. 

Instead of the Dark Dagger, I use Sheev with Blast and Elec status, to stunlock what I can't kill instantly. Plus, the blast proc knocks them down, opening up ground finishers, which I believe *do* benefit from SS's damage boost. So maybe I do want to forma again to be able to keep it up. I also run TrueSteel and Berserker to get the attack speed as fast as possible, for faster finisher animations. Suppose the DDagger would work nearly as well, with lower status % but a more useful 'base damage' proc.

Just another option, if you happen to have the weapon.

Yeah, it only affects the ground finishers when it comes to Ancients, which is quite useful with Sonic Boom's knockdown.

A low-rank Narrow Minded would be nice, yeah, but I find the small range of Silence and Sonic Boom isn't enough when it gets to higher levels - you don't want to get shot even though you're somewhat tanky.

The reason why I use the Dark Dagger is mostly the syndicate effect. It will proc non-stop because of all the finisher affinity, thus giving me movement speed and keeping me topped up on energy - I want to make as little use of my Rage as possible. The viral proc is also extremely lethal in early to mid-level content. Sheev will be better for performing ground finishers on the Ancients - no -75% resistance to radiation - but offers less crowd control. I'd purposely leave an "irradiated" enemy alive to draw fire away from me. Don't have the time to kill the nasty Ancient? No problem! Just stab it a few times and let his allies do the dirty work.

The reason why I use the Dark Dagger is mostly the syndicate effect.

And I'm an idiot. When you were talking about the procs, I thought you were referring to the proc from hits. I totally forgot about the syndicate mod for the Dark Dagger (I don't have it, but will go get it). Just an idiot-moment. AoE viral would help a lot, and the on-hit Rad would be more useful than just a higher proc base%.

Edited by Darzk