Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Worry About Potential Small Clan "exploit"

goodgimp

I've seen this stated multiple times on the forum and it was mentioned in the Livestream:

"If we reduce the cost of the Dojo for small clans, then a small group will just build the Dojo at first and invite everyone in after it's built, bypassing a lot of the cost".

I agree that this is a potential exploit in the current system, but I would argue that A) It's unfair to people not in larger clans as they're blocked from Update 8 content unless they jump ship to a big clan and B)This same exploit is already happening, just in reverse.

If the worry is that people will exploit the system to get access to the content cheaper/easier/faster, it's already happening. Mega-clans invite hundreds (if not thousands) of players to trivialize the cost of the Dojo, getting access to the content quickly and with a minimum of expenditure for each individual user. This is the problem they were wanting to avoid with scaling costs, but with the current system only the "exploiters" or those already in a large clan get access and anyone else trying to play legitimately is a big screwed.

I play with a small clan of 4-5 real life friends. I heard on the Livestream that Scott believes a "small clan" is ~50 members. This effectively means that Dojo content is going to be out of reach for us without months and months of hardcore farming. It's DE's game and their call to make, but faced with the choice of no new content or months upon months of hardcore grinding, I can safely say that we'll just end up leaving the game. It's not something I want to do because I've really enjoyed it thus far, but there it is.

I have no desire to be in a large clan of random strangers. In a game where the largest activity is 4-player coop, I don't know why I would want to do so. I'm hoping that the changes DE makes in the future make it at least viable for a small group of friends. I don't expect to get to the content quickly or to compete with a large clan, I just want to realistically be able to access the content without months and months of grinding materials.

Edited by goodgimp

If they're worried about the smaller clan size being exploited, they could just  do it so however many people started the clan is the max that can be invited that day, with maybe an increase everyday (i.e. start with 10 people, the next day you can invite 10, the day after that 11, 12, etc). This would stop huge clans being able to exploit it imo, unless they REALLY wanted to wait a few weeks to reinvite everyone.

I think the clan leader should be able to set his own max limit....have 3 maybe 4 options

25 max  50% reduction

50 max -33% reduction

100 max -20% reduction

Unlimited - current dojo costs

and your Dojo costs are all based on that limit that you get to choose for yourself

At anytime you have the option to upgrade your max limit to the next level, and must "build" the upgrade that costs resources equal to upgrading all your buildings to the next upgrade level.... that way you are never stuck, but it could be a pain in the butt to upgrade

I am also from a small clan and me and a clan mate were watching the livestream when Scott said that. We both said out loud WTF!!!

Despite there being a few huge clans out there, I feel that the majority of players either play solo or are in clans with 10 or less people in them.

DE had better take a good hard look at the numbers and revaluate this Dojo stuff because if they are aiming this for clans of 50+ members they have just killed the game for a huge number of players.

Your B point totally hit the nail on the head, people are joining huge clans crafting their weapons and then leaving to return to their smaller social groups of friends, family members and coworkers. The cost of a couple of clan keys versus not having to build anything into your own Dojo is too great.

I think the clan leader should be able to set his own max limit....have 3 maybe 4 options

25 max  50% reduction

50 max -33% reduction

100 max -20% reduction

and your Dojo costs are all based on that limit that you get to choose for yourself

At anytime you have the option to upgrade your max limit to the next level, and must "build" the upgrade that costs resources equal to upgrading all your buildings to the next upgrade level.... that way you are never stuck, but it could be a pain in the butt to upgrade

That. +1.

Although i would add

10 max = 75% reduction.

A lot of people are from clans smaller than 10, so i think its viable.

Edited by MyXmaN

Add in scaling clan "levels".

You can only have X amount of members, and you must upgrade your central clan hall in order to increase the limit when you level. Scale down all the current costs heavily, but make a minimum number of levels for each room. Nothing arbitrary as "You must be lv30 to have the research", but rather have the research room low level, and things like the explosive weapons higher level.

This would prevent people from jumping into a large clan (like it is now. My two man clan will soon be a "me being a loner" clan unless this change. My real life friend wants to try the new weapons, and current to do that you NEED to be in one of those mega-clans.), and also prevents people from leaving these giant foundry clans to make hundreds of mini-clans that are destined to break up and rejoin the father clan (as the DEs fear).

well all this exploits are killing the small clans I have a small clan and we are like only four people very close friends and if the DEVs don't do something to reduce the amount of resources we are never going to build the dojo

I've seen this stated multiple times on the forum and it was mentioned in the Livestream:

"If we reduce the cost of the Dojo for small clans, then a small group will just build the Dojo at first and invite everyone in after it's built, bypassing a lot of the cost".

I agree that this is a potential exploit in the current system, but I would argue that A) It's unfair to people not in larger clans as they're blocked from Update 8 content unless they jump ship to a big clan and B)This same exploit is already happening, just in reverse.

If the worry is that people will exploit the system to get access to the content cheaper/easier/faster, it's already happening. Mega-clans invite hundreds (if not thousands) of players to trivialize the cost of the Dojo, getting access to the content quickly and with a minimum of expenditure for each individual user. This is the problem they were wanting to avoid with scaling costs, but with the current system only the "exploiters" or those already in a large clan get access and anyone else trying to play legitimately is a big screwed.

I play with a small clan of 4-5 real life friends. I heard on the Livestream that Scott believes a "small clan" is ~50 members. This effectively means that Dojo content is going to be out of reach for us without months and months of hardcore farming. It's DE's game and their call to make, but faced with the choice of no new content or months upon months of hardcore grinding, I can safely say that we'll just end up leaving the game. It's not something I want to do because I've really enjoyed it thus far, but there it is.

I have no desire to be in a large clan of random strangers. In a game where the largest activity is 4-player coop, I don't know why I would want to do so. I'm hoping that the changes DE makes in the future make it at least viable for a small group of friends. I don't expect to get to the content quickly or to compete with a large clan, I just want to realistically be able to access the content without months and months of grinding materials.

This is probably going to sound like a broken record but I agree with this. When I heard on livestream that Scott made the dojo for 50+ members. I was like, wait a minute . . . can we have 50 players in one mission? Why should this be the basis for the dojo? Sure allowing 50+ players to be IN the dojo thats cool, but making the dojo requirments for a 50+ member clan, thats odd in a 4 player game.

I really enjoyed that point about that its already exploited just in reverse where people join the mega clans and leave after they get what they want.

25 max  50% reduction

50 max -33% reduction

100 max -20% reduction

Vetran players ruin the scaling. if I made a 25 person max clan I would have been able to solo most of the dojo on the first day. People had 200k+ nanospores alreadty from playing the game from closed beta. The real problem is forma.

Solution 1

Material Construction completely scales with player numbers. Once a new player joins the clan all rooms are going into construction mode again and you have to pay the missing amounts.

Solution 2

Construction costs nothing and only takes time. When a room is completed every Clanmember has to pay a one time "fee" in materials to be allowed to enter the room.

Thank me later!

Solution 2

Construction costs nothing and only takes time. When a room is completed every Clanmember has to pay a one time "fee" in materials to be allowed to enter the room.

Just wanted to post this aswell. Why don't they just make the dojo take time to build and nothing else? No one gets any advantage, not smaller, not bigger clans so it will all be ok.

Edited by Story4